Skip navigation

Edition 38 Club stand *Now with pics*

Would you like to be on the MK1 OC stand

Yes, both days {-} [2 votes]
Yes, Saturday only {-} [2 votes]
Yes, Sunday only {-} [4 votes]
No, Not coming at all {-} [0 votes]
No, Will be on another Club stand {-} [0 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

Edition 38 Club stand *Now with pics*

Just to get an idea of those interested in going to e38 this year
Date is the 2nd and 3rd of september and I think there is camping available from the friday evening
BTW Its in the Northhampton area

Back to the top
I am almost certain to be there but likely to be on a different stand.  If that falls through and theres enough notice i'll let you know ;)

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
:D i will be there and hopefully so will a few other midlanders
jocy tom jon allen

Back to the top
Ill be there and lend a hand to fill in the gaps. Ill be camping from friday.

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
I voted but forgot to reply too, both days but probs just camping Saturday evening. After the wash-out that was Gaydon, I've gone and bought a 6mx3m Marquee/Gazebo:

As can be seen, a Golf easily fits in it. I'd say around 20-30 or so people could fit in it too (without the car). Is it worth bringing, in case it rains?

Back to the top
Not if its as windy as Gaydon - I had to ditch our new one as the wind had ripped it to pieces! 8O

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
it needs to have some real good guy ropes (if thats what they're called  :wink: ) If it has then bring it, if you don't mind. If not you've just got yourself a second garage :lol:

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

it needs to have some real good guy ropes (if thats what they're called  :wink: ) If it has then bring it, if you don't mind. If not you've just got yourself a second garage :lol:

Yeah, I've got guy ropes too - hmmmm they're actually still in the box, I forgot to fit them and ran out of tent pegs anyway. And its still there, after today's heavy thunder. I don't think we had much wind here though, unlike wintery Gaydon.

Back to the top
only 5 people from the club going then??

Back to the top
maybe sunday depends on work 60/50

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Ye man im going in the citi if its nice and sunny,i will be camping in tomo320's tent cus its got a shower,proper beds,toilet,central heating etc, :?
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I'll be there on one of the days - don't think my Mk1 is quite up to standard for a stand, but I'll be in it anyway (I hope).

I'll vote closer to the time, once it's passed its MOT!

Rich

Back to the top

Bert said

Y,i will be camping in tomo320's tent cus its got a shower,proper beds,toilet,central heating etc, :?
Bert

wow. I must get me one of those tents :wink:

Rich, you'll very welcome to put your car on the stand - they don't have to be concours you know - its all about showing people that they still survive and that the mk1 was and still is KING hot hatch 8)

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

Rich, you'll very welcome to put your car on the stand - they don't have to be concours you know - its all about showing people that they still survive and that the mk1 was and still is KING hot hatch 8)

Hmmm well in that case, if there's room for a slightly less than concourse Mk1 I'll happily bring it along  8)

I'll keep you up to date with how the MOT goes, and hopefully see you there ;)

Back to the top
Count me in Guys. HOw do we get a club stand sorted then? :dontknow:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

Count me in Guys. HOw do we get a club stand sorted then? :dontknow:

Not 100% certain we have one! I had e-mailed them about it - not got any reply but noticed on the E38 forum they have no space left so don't know if we have any?

Admitedly, I was late e-mailing them as so busy sorting Gaydon I forgot about it until last minute :oops:

Waiting  to hear back - as I'm on hols after today Danny (Mr_GTI) is taking over this one from me and will be 'stand captain!' if we have space.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Fingers crossed we do! :pray:
Danny if you need any help give me a shout. :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
no worries 8)

Back to the top
Voted, yes for Sunday  :D

Banner

Back to the top
can't wait  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.