Skip navigation

Got the thumbs up and a nod of respect from......

Back to the top

Got the thumbs up and a nod of respect from......

I'll give a nod of respect to any cool car, mainly the old hot hatches, any cool VWs air/water cooled, R5 GTTs, decent looking novas, 205s, mk2s, minis.

I'm car enthusiasts, Mk1s just happen to be my weapon of choice.

Plus my pet hate is anyone with brand blinkers. :roll:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Got the nod from two guys in a vr6 Corrado the other day as I blew passed them.

Don't get too many nods in my neck of the woods as most appear to look down their noses at something that isn't less than 18months old.

Philspeed

Daily driver - Mars red Campaign with period mods.

Project - `83 1.8 GTI completely standard and mine since 1990.

Back to the top
OLD BILL !!! pulled me over to have a chat , as they do , turnes out the coppers wife has a cabby and wonderd what id done to mine !

Didnt say nowt about the stretched tyres or the 8x13`s hangin out like a pitbulls  :banghead:

Back to the top
Being new to all this, the third time I took Rufus out, a boy racer Astra hooted, which made me nervous and as I got quite a few toots and waves, I eventually stopped the car to see what was stuck under the wheels; but there was nothing. When a chap in a Mk3 Golf shouted "respect to the golf" I realised they were loving my car!!!! It's ace! Even had a wave from a Boxster!

Team Sewell

Back to the top

G-DUB said

OLD BILL !!! pulled me over to have a chat , as they do , turnes out the coppers wife has a cabby and wonderd what id done to mine !

Didnt say nowt about the stretched tyres or the 8x13`s hangin out like a pitbulls  :banghead:

Had a similar one as well… I fit car stereos for some of the local chavs around here (sorry.. :oops: keeps the bills paid though!) and was testing one on a sunday many moons ago. this involves playing a track for a about two minutes rather loud to make sure all the levels are right.

Well two coppers came round the corner as the old bat across the road had phoned to complain about the noise (two minutes for christ sake!)

Well they pulled up they said not to worry as they had to follow these things up and I wasn't makoing a nuisance of myself. thought they were just going to drive away but they got out the car to check out my cabbie, one guy said his brother owned a bettle cabrio, the other lad had owned a string of VW's and currently had a mk4 anniversary and even asked if I could wire his amp up for him.

I alway giggle at chavs going on about how they get a rough deal from the police, I've never had a problem. All I ever get is curious questions about the car.

Think "attitude" has more to do with things to be honest!  :wink:

Back to the top
I've had a guy wave from a really smart Renault 5 Turbo on the M6 - I've always thought of it as a classic hot hatch, very fast for a 1400 although I think most of them blew up. I think it's possibly a whole 80s thing - another thread here?
Another guy leaned out of the passenger door of an Audi and shouted "sell it me!"
As a come down, I remember coming off the ferry from Spain with the Bentley Club (I was in my Mk2) and they just looked down as if disapproving of every other vehicle, and person, in the world.

Back to the top
I had props from a chap in a Nova SR last night, and his mate in a chavved up punto!

Back to the top
i had a nod from a guy in a mk5 gti on the m40, when i was coming home from gaydon on sunday,  :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

Thumbs up from the police??!!!

I got a wave and a nod from pc plod this morning.  Window came down at the lights and I thought I was for it  :oops:   'Nice car whats the mileage' he said.   Phew…..

Back to the top
Since i've had the golf i've had numerous waves… mainly Mk1, Mk2 and scirocco owners…

If any one gets waved at in their golf by a bloke in a Grand Voyager, that'll be me!!

'85 GTi Cabriolet
'80 Kawasaki KDX 175
'93 Kawasaki ZZR 600
'97 Chrysler Grand Voyager

Back to the top
i got a convoy of 6 boy races in their chavie cars follow me to race my car, not to taxing as they all roll around in 1.1's

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.