Skip navigation

Got the thumbs up and a nod of respect from......

Back to the top

Got the thumbs up and a nod of respect from......

A Renault 5 Gordini turbo…. what the hell????!!!!!!
The 5 is the enemy :lol:

Owners of which cars have given you respect?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
hey renault 5 gordini turbos are really nice cars they are great to look at not like their later counter parts. anyways why dont you like em? the alloys for them are really cool would look great on a mk1 if they wernt 3 stud.

oh and by the way long live the mk1. :D

Back to the top
lol didnt understand the post at first and i cant really reply because i drive a enduro bike. :oops:

Back to the top
Lets face it, their age combined with the lesser build quality, probably means there's hardly any left. No club scene. No Renault shows. No regional massives. It would be a lonely place, being a Renault 5 Gordini enthusiast.

Back to the top
They are cool cars. But the mk1 is way cooler ha ha

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
im so exicited going to vw mania in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway mk1 astra gte and a xr2 driver the other day, i tryed to avoid eye contact as theres no way i'm giving him the nod :mrgreen:

Back to the top
hey everyone what about the stuf of legends, the stuff of kings (THE NOVA) they came in various guises and power variations from a grannys 1 litre with better power to weight ratio than the 1.6 litre nova owing duely infact to bad boy body kit, neons and the 15 chavs stuffed in the back.

Back to the top
I have to admit, I find myself having more in common with owners of classic unmodified hot hatches from the 80s (XR3s, pug 205s, Renault 5's etc) than I do with mk3, mk4, mk5 Golf/VW owners…

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
A Mk3 owner yelled "MK1 YEAH" the other day as I was going round a roundabout.

Good job he mentioned it, I thought I was riding a bike.

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
Got eyed up this morning (with my roof down, aviators on) by a guy in an Aston Martin Vantage!

Pretty sure it was the car he was looking at - wasn't at my best this morning!!!

Rach

Back to the top
Renault 5 turbo !!  VERY good cars. He waved at you because he's a fellow cool car owner.  :)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
Got a nod of respect from a guy in a beautiful rx7 today. Maybe if you've got a cool car you do the nod.

Just to confirm a nod of respect is very different to an enthusiastic wave, lights flashing, awooga horn (i fitted one ha ha), hanging out of window…. etc that mk1 drivers receive.

I feel myself getting a little snotty when mk 3, 4 & 5 owners think there as cool as me because they have a vw golf… clearly not the case! Ha ha Only joking but mk1's are the coolest!!! :wink:

Back to the top

kins said

I feel myself getting a little snooty when mk 3, 4 & 5 owners think there as cool as me because they have a vw golf… clearly not the case! Ha ha Only joking but mk1's are the coolest!!! :wink:

I know what you mean, there's a guy down the road from me with a new MK5 GTI - which is a nice car but still has a lot to learn :wink:  :lol:

Back to the top
kins, if you drive a r5 turbo it will bring a big grin to your face i promise !(so long as it has been tweaked mildly or more)
if i wasnt into mk 1 s so much id have one at the flick of a switch, dont let the chav/boy racer ones tarn them all with the same brush,
one of my friends has one an early c reg turbo comletely standard looking except slightly lower and he runs 13 second 1/4s now that i respect! 8)

if the sumps not dented its not low enough

standard origonal 82 mk1 jetta c     for sale

Back to the top
i own a s1 rs turbo and a mk1 astra gte aswell as my mk1 gti's and i find that i get the most attention in the mk1 gti, although i get unwanted horns and revving at traffic lights from the nova/corsa brigade in my astra :?

Back to the top
I'm deffo not a ford man…

I do have a lot of respect for the mighty mk1 gte. They are getting rare as rocking horse poo now! Look after it :wink:

Back to the top
i notice alot of people checking my golf's out but i get flashes from a few mint mk2's in my area and from Beetles and Campers and fellow mk1 drivers though theres only 2 more in the area i know of.

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
yeah, same here, get a lot of attention in it, including having wads of cash thrust infront of my face in an attemp to buy it - seriously a guy was waiting for me outside asda parked next to my car!! 8O  old people love it, pointing and waving at traffic lights, probs cos they used to have one and are amazed a 17/18 year old was driving it!

i get the old VW hand signal from a lot of the camper crew, they seem to like it, and a few cabby/mk2 drivers have a good perv too :wink:

Greg 8)

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
Had a dibble gawping at mine out of his po-po van sat at traffic lights once, and nice comments about it whilst sat in the back of a police car!

Guy in a big Audi mouthed a nice comment at me at same place as the dibble van, also guy in mk4 golf staring at it, once again at the same place :lol:

Guy whistled and thumbsed up whilst parked outside maccy d's :mrgreen:

Guy in mk3 vr6 waited outside my school and asked me if it was for sale! -"Err, no" :lol:

Look at me boasting, sorry :oops:
 :lol:

Back to the top
i think its different when youre a girl!! you get the usual flashes from fellow cabbie owners but nothing from anyone else!! you get people staring but when they realise its a girl driving they look away!!  :?

91 White Clipper
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.