Skip navigation

garage did me set up 2day help pls analysing results

Back to the top

garage did me set up 2day help pls analysing results

The mrs has gone to the sun beds straight after work so ill have to look at the fan wiring when shes gets back

Back to the top
no worries

the garage is more of a fixer, i asked them to just diagnose rather than tune,

im pretty chuffed actually with the results, not bad for 150k and bein stood for a yr

now im confident that the engines ok im gonna start playing….

mk2 throttle body, kn filter, that rad,

tis me birthday next week and the fam is puttin in for some new shocks,

got me bbs's being reshoed 15s wi 45 profile tyres.

then rolling road down at my local boy racer shop

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ave it!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
My bbs splits will be  available , time depending how well the new 13`s work . there black with a polished outer lip . but will need splitting and the centers powder coating . they have 4 new 195/45 tyres on . let me know if your interisted im sure we can do a deal .

Back to the top
Thats the spirit , cabby`s are so much fun with induction roar . Tuning the 8v`s is rewarding they are such an under developed engine , enjoy my friend

Back to the top
not for me mate mine are

made for a year  for vw as far as im aware, im probably wrong on that tho

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
yeah they do suit the era of car much better , thats the reason im changin from the splities . just a tad to new . what suspension you goin for ?

Back to the top
those wheels came off a mk2 of the same year

thats b4 the drop
 ive got my 40mm drop springs on old knackered standard shoks at the mo,
im just gonna find a set of matching shocks

need to be quite cheap tho, any reccomendations

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Bilstein do some wicked gas shocks that are std rate and can take a 40mm drop ( no more ) they sold them in a kit as streetline suspension . they work real well and tend to be a bit more stable than boge etc . G-max are really good aswell  :oops: not a major vw name i know but ive built  a few decked cars now and g-max were such a good ride .

Back to the top
reccomend a good supplier can you?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Euros are pretty good for the bilsteins -0845 850 7121
Big boys toys for the G-max 0845 230 0101

Back to the top
might be to late for this but "lambda" is the true reading for the air fuel mixture of the engine, very tech stuff :roll:  learnt alot about this when i was opperating a rolling road  up till last year :?
you still have a "lambda reading" on a car with out a probe , the probe just measures it and tells ecu etc what to do

if the sumps not dented its not low enough

standard origonal 82 mk1 jetta c     for sale

Back to the top
so is 1.009 good for my car, when modern cat tested cars have to get to 1.000

what i mean is, if my reading is as good as a catalysted car then im not running the right mixture, i should be emmitin more as its pre cat and old?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
The lamda is a measure the oxygen in the exhaust gas.  A reading of 1.000 would be a perfect mix - no excess oxygen or Hc's.  This is the stoichimetric air/fuel ratio.  You can go slightly richer for a tad more power and slightly leaner for better economy. A reading of 1.009 is slightly off the mark but not enough to worry about.

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.