Skip navigation

NWM12

Back to the top

NWM12

Well why don't you drive to bristol then!  :lol:

Back to the top
No go for me, car is off the road ready for the re-build.

Mind you my mates Cabby may be ready this time, i will check with him.

Cheers, JT

Back to the top
Those coming from Cheshire, shall we say 6.30 at Stretton Fox on M56 then we can all convoy upto the pub from there??

<html>

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Fordyx/cf416f53.jpg&lt;/html&gt;

Back to the top
Fordyx, where's Stretton Fox? I'll be joining the M56 at Stockport and join the M6 from that, is stretton fox anywhere near there?

Walt, you coming to this one? We could cruise down from Stockport? :dontknow:

Back to the top
I'm coming Phataz!…The Stretton fox is at J10 of the 56, wheras the M6 slip rd I think is J9….So we could do an extra couple of miles couldn't we?  :D

Back to the top
Walt yr right its only a mile or so after the M6 junction. We'll be there for 6.30 and will leave at 6.45 latest so we can get to pub in time for 7. See you all there!!

<html>

Back to the top
cars ready so ill be coming  :D

JOEL GTI
1979 mk1 c 1.1L 33k sold :(
1983 mk1 GX 1.5L sold
1983 mk1 gti 1.6 cab sold
1984 mk2 polo 1.0 rat sold
1982 mk1 gti 1.8 sold
1984 mk2 GTI 16V vw motorsport project 16V very rare striped dead!
1985 mk2 GTI 8V runing 140BHP (track car) striping! Dead
1986 mk2 GL 1.8Ldead
1987 mk2 GTI 16V SOLD
Lots of mk3 gti's vr6's and a tdi all sold
1992 mk2 GTI 8V  runout edition sold then bought then sold the bought back and striped!
1990 mk2 GTI 8V in tornado red new car :)

Back to the top
Cheers guys, twas a good 'un :D

And thanks to everyone who gave me a push! :mrgreen:  :lol:

Back to the top
Yep, was alright again, nice to see a number of new faces and good to see joelgti and Fordyx's fresh-from-renovation cars out for the first time too! Well done to Dano for taking us on a cruise with the lowest cars doing the bumpiest road in the world, even I felt the bumps and mine was the highest suspension there probably (non-GTI, etc)!!!!!

Anyway, given that Gaydon is a little more than 2 weeks away, maybe we can 'say' that the NW guys meeting up at the National show is unofficially NWM13, meaning we can skip the unlucky number and go for NWM14 at the end of August?

Official photo shows 7 Golfs and a Caddy. When we went to Southport, we caught up with 1 more Golf, but didn't rearrange all the cars again to get the pic with 9 cars in it…

Back to the top
Sorry guys.. I really didn't think about lowered suspension whith I was driving the arm chair!!

… and again

Sorry for taking everyone on a guided tour of the matalan loading bay and bins!!  :oops:  You always come across cops when you don't want to see them!!

Back to the top
Has phataz got the fastest 1300 in the world? Not sure if its the cordial bottle oil cooler or the ingenious air filterless carb, or even the weight saving starterless engine….But my goodness….Blink and he's gone in a little chuff of smoke!  8O

Back to the top
Have to agree, Araun's little 1300 left my clipper standing, although at nearly 1/2 tonne lighter and no tempremental immobiliser causing lots of hassle it's not surprising :oops:

Thanks for the beer Araun  :D

Hopefully will make it to gaydon, electrics allowing :banghead:

Back to the top
Yeah I think its your ignition switch mate, it should be no hassles to hot wire it, although obviously we'd better not say exactly how-to, on here!

Back to the top

walt said

Has phataz got the fastest 1300 in the world? Not sure if its the cordial bottle oil cooler or the ingenious air filterless carb, or even the weight saving starterless engine….But my goodness….Blink and he's gone in a little chuff of smoke! 8O

Fast :lol:

But that was with a slipping clutch! 8O

Maybe the blue smoke firing exhaust acts as an afterburner :P  :lol: Or maybe the lack of oil in the engine saving the pounds :lol:

But yeah cheers guys and will have a check on my ignition switch although it is less than 6 months old :(

Back to the top
Sorry for not making it this time, was down in London with work most of the week, only got back this am.

Cheers for the text Lee, sorry didn't reply but forgot to take my phone charger to london and the battery died, doh!

will try and make gaydon but i'm also planning to go to 'gathering off the hill' ( Gathering on the hill but new venue in Preston, hill now optional!) at the end of August, think its the bank holiday weekend, run by volkswigan club if anyone else fancies it.

Pete

Pete

85 Golf 1.6 GL Cabrio

86 Fiat Regata 70 Comfort  

88 Fiat Uno 70SX

04 Mondeo Ghia X TDCI

76 Series 3 Landrover LWB Pickup

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yeah I think its your ignition switch mate, it should be no hassles to hot wire it, although obviously we'd better not say exactly how-to, on here!

Even I can do that, let's face it!  :wink:

Back to the top
it was nice meeting you all last week, good trip out apart from the roads which seem to have been forgotton about as part of my road tax cost. At least I bought some of it home on my sump and exhaust :-)

<html>

Back to the top
phataz thats one fast little engine  8O

Back to the top

When's the next meet?

She's up and running, freshly MOT'd. Just wondering when the next meet will be? Any plans as yet?
Thanks
Damon

Back to the top

boltonpete said

i'm also planning to go to 'gathering off the hill' ( Gathering on the hill but new venue in Preston, hill now optional!) at the end of August, think its the bank holiday weekend, run by volkswigan club if anyone else fancies it.

Pete

What's this all about pete? I'm from wigan. Thanks Damon
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.