My lump of p**

Back to the top

My lump of p**

Either pure white or graphite grey.

Back to the top
Keep its original colour   :wink:

Back to the top
definately black  :wink:

to be honest though, i quite like it the colour it is, but maybe with smoked front indicators?

cheers, Andrew

Back to the top
Thanks 4 the input , i reckon ill go with the pure brilliant white . It does look nice white , and the red carpets ive just got for it will fit in real nice ….hopefully ! When it snowed it looked a very creamy shade of white and i thought it would be funny when i show it to park it next to a std white golf and make it look all creamy  :lol: Thanks again

In response to Mr.Leroy . This is a very hard deciosion to make . :banghead:  i only brought the car to sell on and make a profit on but my mate needed a new car so being the type of bloke i am i sold him my much loved corrado  :cry: and kept the golf  :D My lines of thought are that yes you can buy a minter for that money BUT …. You wont know Exactly whats been done to it , why they are selling it and it will NEVER B YOUR CREATION . Ive always had Dubs (mk2 polo estate , corrado and this mk1) and am  a painter for trade ( so yes i have got it easier than others but im always willing to help out ) but i love modding them and titting around with them . I think the general rule is , as in everything with life , go for what you really want , get your series one , but hunt around to find the right one . I dont deny you WILL go slightly mad , saving up , cutting , grinding , welding but soon enough you will be painting then eventually showing ! :D Then you can stand back and pull a bit stupid cheeck to cheek annoying as hell snug face and say I built that and its exactly how I wanted it to be  :D
On a differnt point my mate works in a vw garage and they had a beetle wizard come in ( has a big silly bodykit). the guy had just brought it and it looked wicked , new paint , wheels etc etc etc . the car in for some random suspension part to be replaced . On most beetles this part ( ithink it was a bush ) can be replaced by putting the car up in the air on a ramp and releasing both top mounts and then levering with a long bar the suspension down while someone else replaces the bushes . N E how to cut a long story this is what they did and the whole of the lower cross member broke away from the chassis and fell to the floor !!! underneath the new paint and FILLER the whole of the front of the car was completly rotted out !!!! from my experience and background i would say that the guy who had previously owned the car probably didnt even know it hadnt been done properly and paid full work for it !! SH*T does happen and unfortunatly people do pay for it . Another one of my golden sayings , why pay someone else to rush it when you can do it properly yourself !!

What dya reckon miked318 another great thread on the way "to buy a minter on restore yourself" :lol:

Back to the top
Sounds like a good thread. I'm definately in the do it yourself camp, and that goes for everything, not just cars. You pay someone else to do it, they don't care if they cut corners etc. You know if you do it yourself, it's done right.

Back to the top
Good point well made! I've just bought a red cabbie for ?300, to tide me over during the summer, much to the missus and in fact most of my familys avdice! and should be getting my GTI next year. I think now like you say, i was thinking of getting a nice stock campaign but every time i look at it i would be wishing it was a series 1 in that funny orange colour and chrome bumpers. The hunt starts here!!!  :twisted:

Back to the top
When you buy one that needs attention (like mine) you get to know how the whole car is put together as your stripping it and repairing it.
Also as said already when you do it yourself then you know its done how you want it done :wink:

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
Spotted at the VW Expo, Hop Farm….

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Ha ha ha you sly ol dog , (shame i didnt c ya 4 a waffle  )i put her in to make up some numbers !!! Good day out wasnt it , i was very drunk by the time i left !! I didnt win anything either , might have been my lack of effort ! When i turned up evryone was scrubbing and cleaning away , so i borrowed a bit of snotrag off the mrs and wipped off all the flies then went straight for the beer  :lol: Im suprised how claen it looks in the photos  :lol:
To all the people who have written back about creating there own cars , good on ya all and your all top blokes for getting stuck in , like i always say i dont know much but …if its paint or prepping / wheel refurbs you wanna know about just pm me .
Any ideas on what other wheels may suit my car better , i love the bbs`s cos it drives so well and doesnt rub on standard arches . Was thinking ats classics 7-8x13 ?? ronal turbos ?? BBS RS 7-8x15 ??? or maybe some nice wide 14 inch wheels ?? Appriciate any input , many thanks  :D

Back to the top
I've got a set of 15inch six spokes you can have, I'm sick of them taking up room
Need new tires though

Back to the top
Cheers dude , appriciate the offer but theyll be a bit "new" looking for her me thinks .Hows that front pannel comming on ???

Back to the top
I need to clean out the garage first, then I'm getting on it. Gave her a polish at the weekend, it's really shined her up and got rid of all the milky fade marks. Merr is a wonderful thing. 8)

Back to the top
I was gonna say actually that photo of the wheels looks v.shiney indeed !!! let me know if the dreaded milky bits come back , i have a 3000rpm polishing mop and 3m compound that says they wont come back again !!! :lol:

Back to the top
The picture of the wheels were taken before I owned the car.
Thanks for the offer, I think someone's already tried with the polish mop and gone through the top coat, see the C pilar in this pic:

But the merr has got rid of the milky bootlid and the milky front wing.

G-DUB said

Cheers dude , appriciate the offer but theyll be a bit "new" looking for her me thinks

You know, nobody ever wants them, I can't even give them away.  :banghead:

Back to the top
I had exactly the same problem with a set of borbet 5 spokes , quite funnt really , i took em to the scrappy up at swanley and threw em in , befor i had even walked out the gates some little scrot bags went running past me with one under each arm !! :lol:

Back to the top
That's swanley for you! :lol:
Know anyone that would want 'em? Silly letting them go to waste.

Back to the top
All the local baseball caps have started buying corsas so ill have an ask around and c if i can flog em  :wink:

Back to the top
Cheers, not really that worried about the money, just want to get shot of.

know what you mean about the corsas. Saxos too  :roll:  :dontknow:

Still it's better than them all trying to buy Mk1 golfs  :P

Back to the top
Can you imagine what it would look like outside my house  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: what dya recon on the wheels side of things then ??

Back to the top
I've always thought cromed or polished 9 spokes would be quite nice, or maybe some cromed (is it g40 or g60?  :dontknow: ) steels, might be a bit too bling though.

other than that ats classics.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.