Skip navigation

My lump of p**

Back to the top

My lump of p**

this is my golf ive had her since november , bit of a shed !!
i got her for ?200

polished her up
but she was uuuuggggggggggly
so threw on blabk bumpers and deep spoiler
and red hella rear lights
and a 70`s grill

polished these up and painted em black

threw em on

found this on flea-bay

A tsr donnington wwhey hey

103 cams and flowd head

1.9 overbore

sand blasted the inlet manifold

mk2 throttle body

its bigger

on full throttle

little n large

these came along for the ride , and some chrome bumpers

it was riding a bit high !

far to high

this high

slammed the front

fairly low

hot rod style

may aswell lower the rear too

got a new oil leak

a good days work

looking better

thought this looked nice (super sprint)

got a jetex system so it wasnt alone

electric recaros out of ltd mk2 g60

and wolfsburg wheel

oh teah the new measurement , its 5mm lower on front and 10mm lower on the back now

hope you enjoye , have new hood now ill put some more up later on !!

Back to the top
Any comments good or bad or points of views all welcome !!  :nerd:

Back to the top
…and I thought I had the only MK1 refered to as a 'shed!!'

Yours looks way tidier than mine!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Ohhhhhhh how they camera lie ….damn those lying cameras . maybe we should start a sheddy golf thread , who drives the sheddyist shed ?? :lol:
we could call it show me your shed  :lol:

Back to the top
Excellent work and looks sooo much better  8)

personally, with those wheels, I'd lose the arch trims and/or use some spacers to widen the look

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Thats some excellent improvements you've made G-DUB. What sort of power do you expect the TSR 1.9 to produce??

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
Nice, looking good. You've seen mine at the mo G-Dub, shirly in comparison yours is no shed.  :dontknow:
I haven't got any current pics at the mo.

Back to the top
She chugs out 142.8 bhp at the fly before the exhaust system went on . I used a 2.5 volvo metering head and a 1.816v fuel regulator  to help with the fuelling tho . :mrgreen: its all goin through a low ratio box with a longer fifth now aswell to make it a bit more interisting.Thanks for the kind comments  :)

Yeah the wheels do look a tad narrow cos there only 6.5j but the hole point of building this car was to make something fun and drivable without any of those anoying typical modified car characteristics , like tram lining or driving like a scared cat !! The wheels are near on the perfect offset , it drives great in the dry AND the wet , but best of all those arches are std!! I have slammed the hell out of it and it just doesnt rub even with people in the back !!! :lol:

OK a slight confession now ……………its my girlfriends daily driver too!!!!!!

Back to the top
Looks great IMO - especially the black wheels against the white bodywork…

Good work dude :y:

Rich

Back to the top

G-DUB said

Yeah the wheels do look a tad narrow cos there only 6.5j but the hole point of building this car was to make something fun and drivable without any of those anoying typical modified car characteristics , like tram lining or driving like a scared cat !! The wheels are near on the perfect offset , it drives great in the dry AND the wet , but best of all those arches are std!! I have slammed the hell out of it and it just doesnt rub even with people in the back !!! :lol:

some good fair points there  :y:  must admit tram lining down the M4 when I had my F*rd with 17's was very annoying!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Pimp My Shed! lol!

very nice mate! Lookin good!

how long it take and how much roughly?

Back to the top
Wow thanks for the comments people , was that a ford HMMMMM ??? on 17`s ?? as lomg as the wernt tsw venoms well forgive you !! how much money so far ??? all in about ?3500 and rising , dont ask how but all she needs now is repaint and new trim . ive got new carpets and some mk5 gti tarton on the way :D  plus lots of leather !!

Back to the top
Tram lining :roll:
Try 18s on an A4, SCARY!!!!! 8O

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
Well done you've made a big improvement over your original buy 8)

Were those polo GTI alloys really hard to paint? Masking up all the studs etc?  Or did you just split them first?  :dontknow:

They're ET45 arent they?

Back to the top
Yeah but the bolts were seized up  :banghead: so i ran around the outside of the rim with the tyre removed with an oxyasettlin ( spelling) tourch to expand the rim , then all the bolts came out easy enough . I spent a long wile with a DA and polishing mop bare metaling and mirror polishing the outer rim .  :D only trouble is i hardly rubbed the centers down being lasy and now i need to repaint them again !! im unsure of the offset i thought it was 30 summing ?? but im probably wrong . i wrote a guide to refurbing wheels properly in the paint and bodywork section under a thread adbout bbs ra`s . let me know if you have any troubls doing wheels or paint :D

Back to the top
I had my new hood done by maidstone trimmers (kent) and im really happy with the work they have done . New black mo-hair outer , new liner and new black head liner . all the roof frame has all been realined and bent back into its rightfull places . ?720 all in , fairly dear but im very pleased .What do you reckon people :D

how smooth is that roof !!

Back to the top
Top marks there fella, dont mess about do you,really done a mint job and what a transformation
Nice to see before and after :wink:
best wishes bud

Back to the top
Nice job mate  8)

Back to the top
Cheers lads , any thoughts on colour ???? Im thinking along the lines of
Pure white
Pure metalic white
Very flippy pearl white metallic
Very drk bmw oxford green
graphite grey/black

I dont know if anyones seen the little fiat 126 (i think it is ) with a v8 in the boot at santa pod ???? lovely pearly white that you couldnt really say it has any one particular colour to it cos it flips so much . I really like that colour but any suggestions woukd be great . :D

Back to the top
Wow, i think that is an absolutley fantastic job! The car looks fantastic!

My only problem is, after paying ?200 for the car, doesn't it phase you to buy things like chrome bumpers which probably cost double what you paid for it, and that expensive roof that is 4 times what you paid for the whole car? If you've spent about 3 grand altogether, how come you didn't spend that on a minter to start with?

I don't mean offence and i aren't knocking you whatsoever, you've done a great job and the finished product is arguably better than what you would have bought for the money. But i'm stuck between the idea of spending my full budget on a mint stocker, or buying a really early series 1 and restoring it, and i would like to know everyones views.

I think by restoring a mk1 i can have the peace of mind knowing that the
trouble areas have been sorted and aren't likely to raise their ugly heads again, which you can't guarantee with a stocker and then your budget is blown. I've just bought my first  cabbie myself for the summer and i think they're ace!

What do you think? :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.