Skip navigation

Project Down n' Out

Back to the top

Project Down n' Out

:oops: not been on the forum too much of late, last time I checked your thread you were welding up the inner arches!

:clap: what a turn around! I'm not a fan of matt looking cars but not seen a red one and think you've pulled it off nicely!

well done

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Yeah i have to agree, seen black loads of times but not red, there is a mk2 in Golf+ mag recently and that looks pretty damn nice, would like to see your mk1 in the flesh, should think it looks even more different

Back to the top
Come on Low you got that engine in yet?! Sheeesh :lol:

I'm looking forward to seing the progress :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
ok ok thnaks for all the comments!!!!

paul - i'll be stickin my old wheels back on when it comes mot time(if it ever does)

kins, its hard work you know!! :lol:

just to update very1 else, im fitting a 2ltr 8v!! :mrgreen:  the old engine(1.6gti) just wasnt cutting it anymore, altho it certainly did embarace a few cars inc a 1.816v clio and saxo vts…anyway the new beast is sitting just waiting to get in and running altho i've got to hire an engine crane to get the job done… as…its a heavy mutha trucker :twisted:

another update of new parts:
new front panel (cheers crazyquife)
new gti side strips(nice 1 mk1Turbo, they look very original..top bloke)
270mm grooved front tsr brake setup
rear disc conversion
german plates

Parts waiting on:
smoked crosshair front lights

sorry no pics…cameras on the blink!!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top

lowmk1 said

update:

been really busy this week finishing the colour off, with working stupid hours the only time to work on it is late on in the evening! So…here the result of a hard weeks work and ALL day saterday and sunday!!

i think the colour looks ace!!!

gonna be a propper stealth street racer!!!!

esp with a new engine coming in a couple of weeks…but i'll keep that hush hush for now!!!

please feel free to give me comments…good or bad!!! :mrgreen:  8)
Very nice!  Is this project done yet?

Back to the top
Nice wheels mate 8)

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.