Skip navigation

Project Down n' Out

Back to the top

Project Down n' Out

You really gettin stuck in now :D  Your love it when it's all done, and all your own work 8)

Good luck, look forward to the next installment.

Pete.

Back to the top
looking good, are you running the same size tyres all round?

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
well seen as the paintwork looks crap, full of rust bubbles and just looking a little shabby…after all it is 24 year old paint so instead of it looking like its crying out for a respray …what the hell….matt red oxide!!!

i've made a slow start on the back panel but should have the whole car done by the end of the week!!! let me know what you think!!!

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
That is going to look  8)

Keep the pics coming

Banner

Back to the top
nice 1 mate, will do!!! :)

Back to the top
loving this home welding and repairs…. another mk1 that will be alive and kicking for years to come…

Great working going on here… keep it up and lots of pictures…  8)

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
update:

been really busy this week finishing the colour off, with working stupid hours the only time to work on it is late on in the evening! So…here the result of a hard weeks work and ALL day saterday and sunday!!

i think the colour looks ace!!!

gonna be a propper stealth street racer!!!!

esp with a new engine coming in a couple of weeks…but i'll keep that hush hush for now!!!

please feel free to give me comments…good or bad!!! :mrgreen:  8)

Back to the top
I'm liking that :clap:  looks great.  The rims look the part too :wink:

A black and silver show plate would finish it off a treat.

Banner

Back to the top
yea, i half already been thinking about that too!!! :mrgreen:

eithor that or german plates…

not sure…?? :dontknow:

only got the bonnet to spray now, im thinking about doing summet a little differant with that tho…. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
If you decide to get german plates, give us a shout.  I got some made up a little while a go and they were spot on.

Banner

Back to the top
yea sound, where from and how much??

theres a guy advertising on ebay, and he sells them for ?35 inc delivery, thats the cheapest i've seen but dunno what the qualit is like…

Back to the top
Here's the LINK to the guys ebay sale.  Very impressed with the quality and it includes fititings for stick on or bolt on.  I got them the next day!  
I chose not to have the 'D' euro letter on them and the bizzies dont have a problem as the letttering is the correct spaceing.

Banner

Back to the top
cheers mate, i'll be ordering them when i next get payed! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Looking sweet mate! Looking forward to seeing the beast up and running. Maybe with a touch more va va voom wink wink nidge nudge :wink:  :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
www.theplateman.com

is also a good call, I know tons who have got places from him :)

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
cheers for that manic, i've just orderd some, hopefully they will be here within a week, so..its all good!!

also will have some black side strips coming, and a new front panel from crazyquiff… :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Now that is looking lovely man… loving that color…  8)

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
A job well done think, learning to weld is always handy i think, is giving me inspiration from when we pick my other halfs new project up, and since i'll be doing most of the hard work, i can't wait!!!  :D

Can't wait to see it finished  :)

Back to the top

Paint?

Car looks awesome!! i too have the same bubbling mars red effect, did you use a gun and compressor or just spray cans? cheers, Jack

81' Red GTI No Engine
81' Silver GTI 16v Twin 40's
205 GTI 1.9
Rover Coupe 220

Back to the top
Definitely coming along mate - have fun sorting the engine, it shouldn't be too tricky seeing as you have another engine which should pretty much go straight in. Those wheels and tyres look so bad-boy!!!! How on earth are you gonna get through the MoT with those???

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.