Skip navigation

i knew ebay was pricey but DAMN!!

Back to the top

i knew ebay was pricey but DAMN!!

i was going to buy brackets to get 280mm G60 brakes on my golf but i went for the hubs and carriers off a G60 rather than using brakets and they cost the same ?170 with calipers and discs.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
The price is 30q +17.5% VAT but ok,i agree if they do have them in stock  at this price then i beleive its a bargain! Go and get them before they go away for ever  :banghead:

Nice talking with you guys.

Cheers

Back to the top
Good points. You've obviously going for the 'high-quality' end of the market, which is a good thing. I have experiences of parts suppliers, who come out cheapest when you do a comparison on specific parts. But then muck you around with unavailability, sending the wrong parts, or pattern parts when the ad was unclear, drag their heels on refunds, etc etc and sometimes it feels like you're banging your head against the wall trying to get the simplest part.

Back to the top
yeap they are in stock, maybe even cheaper at gti inters next week! so u can get all 3 mk1 badges cheaper than just 1 from nickosg60, you may be better off sending them back to wolfsburg for another 10 years, then try again.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Has anyone actually bought a set from Awesome and compared with genuine items? As far as I know there is a company re-making the badges to OE spec but they are not genuine parts. They were for sale all over the place at Essen.

Banner

Back to the top
IMO opinion the badge set at ?30 wouldn't be genuine VAG :dontknow:

Worth paying for quality, again it's back to the fact if someone is prepared to pay a high price, then fair play to the seller!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

mk1 badges

Trimsport UK make all the relacment badges to original spec and send them all over the world to trade customers who sell them back to everyone on e-bay or at german shows ! By direct from them in the uk ! they are on the web.! There customers include Awesome and Type.17 in Germany. :wink:

Back to the top
:)  

Personally i bought this badges from the VW center in Wolfsburg.I cannot imagine that trimsport sell the badges to VW.All of them also have a genuine VW sticker on.

So does trimsport make genuine vw stickers also? :roll:

or  do you beleive that VW in Germany buy parts from trimsport?

Something is missing..

Back to the top

Back to the top
Did you just see that link on E38?? :wink:

See you at the shows!!

Back to the top
After looking around I found the place to be is here :wink: :-

http://www.trimsport.co.uk/html/badges.html

They supply Awesome GTI, click the link and save a tenner of the Awsome GTI price!! :lol:

See you at the shows!!

Back to the top
The brackets are what I was getting at with my earlier post.

At that kind of money you could make a profit even with with UK labour rates.  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.