Skip navigation

West Dorset

Back to the top

West Dorset

It is strange- lots of reports from Bournemouth, a few around Poole but I have a daily drive* in my Inca Blue '91 cab through West Dorset and South Somerset and nothing……………..

Do I assume that there are no other members of this forum in my area?

That would answer a lot of questions.

Tim

*Sherborne-Yeovil and down to Bournemoth at the weekends.

Back to the top
The furthest west I generally go is Wareham, go round your area lots in my work truck/van tho!!

Back to the top
http://www.altezeitgruppe.com/Cab%201.jpg

Think of it with BBS RA's and you get the idea, just flash as you pass by.

Back to the top
i live in fordingbridge and visit bournemouth, ringwood, new forest area frequantly

i work in amesbury and my gilrfriend lives in wincanton in  somerset so im around the shaftsbusy, gillingham, wincanton area all the time,

suprised u havnt seen me, i would have waved if u did  :mrgreen:

hope to see u around

Back to the top
Just this morning, a white cabby passed the entrance, BTW, another cabby (red with Scalas) lives in the vicinity as well as another Inca Blue cabby withh BBS RA's.

At least it proves that they are out and about in West Dorset, though I doubt if the drivers are visitors to this site.

Why cabbys and not tin top's in this area?

Back to the top

TimHale said

Why cabbys and not tin top's in this area?

that would be all the sun, sand and sea then :lol:

Back to the top
that would be all the sun, sand and sea then

Think of West Dorset as rain, mud and cowpoo for 90% of the year :mrgreen:

Back to the top
HI
  Im in Merriott south Somerset, just outside Crewkerne. You ca'nt  get much more out in the sticks, we've only recently got religion and electric light.
      I have a red tin top late 82 GTI so might see you around.
                        Ali

Back to the top
i spoted a dark blue cabby (inca maybe?) just outside blandford this evening. wearing a nice set of ronal turbos(?). im pretty sure i have seen this motor down columbia rd bmth before aswell. is it you?

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
'Fraid not, the cab awaits its retrimmed seats (picking them up tonight) and then we are off to the other side of Europe in the cab.

Not bad for an old girl. :lol:

Back to the top
of to germany tommorow meself(not in the golf) to not go and see the football!!! we are going to the nordeschliefe for a few laps and then onto le mans. im going to be aching at the end of it though as im going in a mates elise!

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
We are keeping away from the fussball, instead we will cross the alps and enjoy the twisty bits.

All the time grinning like two chimps. :D

Back to the top

lucky

bring us back a  bar of rock then :lol:

Back to the top
mate ive done the same trip its amazing , we went all the way to greece, if your heading that way id thoroughly reccomend getting the ferry from ancona, get up at dawn nxt day and enjoy the cruise throught the greek islands absolutlely beautifull.
the roads through the alps are incredible.and in good condition.
are you going to use the payage thro france, alot of people dont use them cos you have to pay, we worked out its more economical to use them because you can maintain a higher average speed, there is just no traffic, straight across france in about 7hours!!

enjoy ,god am i jealous!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Just about to take the cab out for a sunny weekend, I doubt if anyone* will notice despite the easy to recognise Inca Blue and BBS RA's.

Tim :cry:

*There are now 3 cab owners living within 50m of each other in Sherborne. The other two were totally unaware of the MK1 Club, maybe we should broaden our appeal outside the post teen market?

Back to the top
Saw a nice looking Cab going through yeovil on the a30, dark colour (had my shades on so couldnt tell exactly what colour). I flashed and waved and got a wave back. I was in the mk1. How many guys on this forum are from around yeovil ?? Maybe there should be a yeovil mini meet. Although the SW sometimes feels like a MINI meet  :lol:

Mk1 Lahsa green, BBS RM, Mk1 Silver Campaign, Mk5 GT TDi, Audi A4 Avant S Line

Back to the top
There are a few, some down by Westlands and another on the Pen Mill Trading Estate.

I suggest that the Yeovil/Sherborne area could host a meet, especially if it co-incides with one of the many Classic Car events in the area. Possibly the Yeovil Festival of Transport or Sherborne Round Table Classic Car?

http://www.altezeitgruppe.com/Cab%202a.jpg

Tim 01935 389271

Back to the top
Tim, Why not tag along with us on the 9th down to taunton. If not maybe we should get some of the yeovil owners for an evening down the pub. I know a good handfull.

Mk1 Lahsa green, BBS RM, Mk1 Silver Campaign, Mk5 GT TDi, Audi A4 Avant S Line

Back to the top
Wow,

I saw another going south on the A357 near Shillingstone and he waved. A white cabby, roof down.

Tim

Back to the top
And another cabby, Inca Blue on Lysander Road, Yeovil at 16:45, top down-cool.

Tim
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.