Skip navigation

NWM 11

Back to the top

NWM 11

Not sure if i can make it!!!  8O  My car is fine but my dad comes home on Thursday (tomorrow) and i havent seen him for 3 months  :cry: I really want to come though!!! Oh and i cant get there as i havent past yet and i cant drive on my own!!! :cry:

Wishing i could come along with someone (Dano) lol :lol:

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hey hun if  look further to the start of the thred there wer quite a few people going to show there faces and they havent posted to say they cant come so they must be going :D I might be coming up with my dad but i dont know if i can be bothered to come all the way up to the wiggin tree to go back past my house again ( I dont see the point in traveling that way for nothing)

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top
I will be coming… where am I going again?

Edit… never mind found it now!

Cheers, JT

Back to the top
lol my sis will be bringing me up to the Wiggin Tree Pub in the golf then we can go on the cruise to southport and then my sis will take off in my golf and leave me there so someone called Dano might bring me home lol :wink:

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top

Back to the top
First of all thankyou for the lift home Dano lol!!!

And second of all, That was a great turnout and a very nice cruise down to southport I enjoyed it. and i loved meeting all the new people and the Young Lady in the White Cab was lovely to talk to aswell, oh and the driver lol and all the other drivers ok im carrying on abit now hee hee.

Get some pics up Paul and Dano and the one of me looking very bored evan though i wasnt ha ha!!!

Talk to you all soon and i hope to see evan more new faces next time

Luv Chrissie xxx :wink:

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top
Yeah, great to see 7 cars and loads of people out on a weekday night! It was good to see some new faces and it just goes to show that the NWM are alive and strong. Great idea to do a cruise, I was in the middle and all I could see were Mk1s in front of me and Mk1s behind me!!!

Here are the pics:

At the pub

At the beach

Let me know if the guys who don't have their car in the NW Regional page profile area, want them featured, I took decent pics ready to put up if needs be…

Back to the top
yeah, thanks pam!  :roll:

8O

Back to the top
Can I just say a BIG thanks to Lee, Becki, and Pete in the white and red cabs for helping me out when I ran out of petrol on the way home on the M61 in the pissin rain :roll:  :oops:

Also thanks to lee and Becki for the Maccy D's 8)

Will return the favour lads and laddette just make sure you get to the next meet 8)  8)

Arun

Back to the top
I've found something that holds it track better than a Mk1 Golf……

Some people need to constantly entertained…..

I enjoyed myself…. the Calibra made for some entertaining overtaking as did the Saab!!!

Arun, there's usually a dial in the dash to help with guaging the amount of petrol out!!  :wink: Less revs = more distance…. you know it makes sense!!

Good to meet new folk.
Dan

Back to the top
Gutted I missed this run out!
In fact gutted is an under statement! Maybe in a few weeks we can do a run to Wales on a sunday and make a day of it! Or a convoy to a show!
Dano….How did you let me forget!  :(  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Back to the top
Was a good evening, as it was my first meet thanks everyone for making me feel welcome! glad you got home ok Arun, i was running on fumes myself (prob from pratting about on three wheels on the roundabouts!).

maccy D's - Chavtastic!

Pete

85 Golf 1.6 GL Cabrio

86 Fiat Regata 70 Comfort  

88 Fiat Uno 70SX

04 Mondeo Ghia X TDCI

76 Series 3 Landrover LWB Pickup

Back to the top
PS, could the weather have been more wintery, no chance of top down fun!

Pete

85 Golf 1.6 GL Cabrio

86 Fiat Regata 70 Comfort  

88 Fiat Uno 70SX

04 Mondeo Ghia X TDCI

76 Series 3 Landrover LWB Pickup

Back to the top
Nice pics apart from one hee hee and i think you can all guess which one :lol:

The pictures make it look like a good meet and all the cars were stunning well done to everyone that turned up!!! :D

Chrissie xxx

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top
It was our our fisrt meet up and had a great time! No worries Araun its happened to the best of us :wink: but the pints are on you at the next meet :lol: Hopefully our cab will be in better heath next time you all see it!!!!. If anyone does fancy the BUG JAM on the 21 - 23 July let us know and we can drive down together, Araun yopu will need a full tank of fuel lol :wink:  So what have you guys and girls got planned for the next eventfull meet up?

Back to the top
The calendar for upcoming shows is pretty choc-a-block, here it is:

24/25 ……….. June VW Summer Festival
1/2 July ……….. BVF (British Volkswagen Festival)
8/9 July ……….. GTI Festival (Santa Pod)
22/23 July ……….. Bug Jam (Santa Pod)
12/13 Aug ……….. Gaydon (our own show) (VW NW at Tatton Park is on same weekend…)

I've yet to decide which one(s) I'm going to, apart from Gaydon, but I'm well up for cruising in convoy, its great fun! I really need to screw my other car back together and stuff though. So much to do, so little time….

NWM12 is in its "zygot" form at the moment and will be planned in due course….ideas always welcome…..everyone okay to stick with weekday evening?

Back to the top

Dano said

Arun, there's usually a dial in the dash to help with guaging the amount of petrol out!!  Less revs = more distance…. you know it makes sense!!

:shhh:

:mrgreen: :wink:

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

Can I just say a BIG thanks to Lee, Becki, and Pete in the white and red cabs for helping me out when I ran out of petrol on the way home on the M61 in the pissin rain :roll:  :oops:

Also thanks to lee and Becki for the Maccy D's 8)

Will return the favour lads and laddette just make sure you get to the next meet 8)  8)

Arun

Don't worry mate, everyone's done it - once - its probably the easiest "breakdown" to avoid and while waiting for help, you end up kicking yourself many many times. You were lucky you had another Mk1 fan nearby to help you out! And I bet you never do it again.

Back to the top
In 1990 I ran out of petrol while driving my Mk2 on the A12. It caused me to abandon it, be late for work, recover it at midnight from the side of a busy road and kept stalling whenevr the tank got to around 1/4 full. It had sucked some muck up and had fouled the filter in the tank.

I've never run out again!!! Oh, hang on ….  :oops: there was this time in Dec 2002 when… Ok you're not interested!!  :roll:

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.