CAMBER F:2.5 R:2.0
TOE F:+1 R:0
STABILISERS F:3 R:4

Back to the top
Gave it a go with your settings 8O  8O

How do you keep it on the road?

had to go back to my original settings

Back to the top
did the same with your settings, i can see your point tho it is alot more forgiving,

are you using asm and tcs? mine are set at 0
and my gearings really high which seems to make the car more controllable.
your 7.31 is pretty amazing  i cant come close

anybody else, or is emm the mk1 golf owners club gt4 ring master?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
I think we should have some phot proof for any fast times as 7.31 is very very quick. I managed 8.30 on my first run and reckon with a bit of practice that can come down but I don't think even on a fully tuned beast that I could get 7.31 - thats an awsome time!
Won a blue and another white one last night!

MK1 GTI Cabrio
Ford Mondeo (Daily drive)
Nissan 350z GT Coupe (the toy)

Back to the top
you're all making me jealous :cry: as I've only got a playstation 1  :oops: might get a 2 just for GT4 then? I should imagine that they are alot cheeper now especially with the 3 just around the corner - might wait unit that comes out to get a rock bottom cheep ps2 and gt4 :dontknow:

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

you're all making me jealous :cry: as I've only got a playstation 1  :oops: might get a 2 just for GT4 then? I should imagine that they are alot cheeper now especially with the 3 just around the corner - might wait unit that comes out to get a rock bottom cheep ps2 and gt4 :dontknow:

i bought my PS1 purely for gt1 and 2 and also the PS2 purely for GT3 lol ill do the same for GT5 with the next PS as well lol,reckon its still the biz for drivin sims.

had a check of my diary in the game last night,results of 5 1/2 game years

audis owned = 18(few RS4s RS6 S4s A3 A2 UR Nuvollari(slammed and pimped with crazy wire wheels i found) Q7 and some concept sports lookin thing,all lowered on wheels except the UR

VWs owned  = 49 + 1x R32 tt (listed as hgp tuner model)
14 mk 1s
19 mk 4s
12 W12s
beetles rsi, cup, 1303 aircooled(2 off,one silver one(std) black(modded,slammed on fuchs full tune just for a laff,max engine mods and rear camber :lol: )
karmann ghia std
3 mk5s (red white and blue lol)
2 boras
couple lupos(3 i think fantasia green sport,silver gti and a cup)and a polo GTi

ring times
quickest time in a mk1 golf 7.24.003.  217 bhp everything inc renovation and cage but except the nos/turbo, tcs set at 1 everything else off, tyres are racing sports hard, done in family cup mode over two laps sorry not sure off full suspension settings but its along the lines of my usual ten mm up from bottom and raise the ARB levels to 6 all round,gearbox is a mystery as well mibs not even changed settings tbh cant remember :oops:

quickest time 6.03.004 in mazda 767B(i will get into the 5s grrr lol my mates doing it in a sauber racecar)

ill need to work out how to save the screens(i know it involves poking the PS2 with a stick the pointing the stick at the comp)and post some of the pics, done a few gallery pics in the game with various dubs and theres some stunnin pics

once ive done that ill probably go do the GTi cup again,cant ever have enough mk1s lol

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

did the same with your settings, i can see your point tho it is alot more forgiving,

are you using asm and tcs? mine are set at 0
and my gearings really high which seems to make the car more controllable.
your 7.31 is pretty amazing  i cant come close

anybody else, or is emm the mk1 golf owners club gt4 ring master?

Takes all sorts to get the Golf flying around the track!

no Traction and no ASM as i think it makes it harder to drive quick through the corners

i was going to post some pics of my time for the non believers :D

but someone else has beaten my time so i must go for that, and then post a pic of the time.

Grade so far:  B- Must try harder :(  

Emm

Back to the top
sorry chaps, bit of a latecomer on this thead !!

bit rusty but i've just gone and done a VERY messy 7.50 straight out of bed, i reckon it'll do a lot better once i've got the sleep out of my eyes…….

pics and proof later…  :mrgreen:

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
Hmm, 7.47…..very poor…..come on….   :lol:

Back to the top
747 too cant beat it  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

747 too cant beat it  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

going to have another crack in a tick, had a couple of messy corners so i reckon i can get 7.45, not much faster though…

8O

Back to the top
Best i've managed so far is 9.06  :? In defence of my pathetic time tho, My cars not all that modded. Exhaust, suspension, clutch, fly and stage 2 tune. I need to spend more cash and practise more. Think think these times are way out of my capabilitys tho! :oops:

1983 MK1 Golf GTi

Back to the top
im going nuts here i keep getting 747 or 748 why oh why oh why

consistent tho i suppose!!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
7.46 last night before before bed, and i think i might have hit my " talent wall "   :lol:

Back to the top
never give up……

if i dont start getting somewhere near emms time im dropkicking the ps2

i do think proof of 731 is required tho dont you

emm????

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

never give up……

if i dont start getting somewhere near emms time im dropkicking the ps2

i do think proof of 731 is required tho dont you

emm????

[house of commons] YEEEEAH…..[/house of commons]

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
TALENT WALL      TALENT WALL    :lol:  :lol:

guess whos watchin top gear :lol:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
currently on 1 blue, 3 whites and 1 silver MK1 - Am saving the cash until a black one appears - intend on modding it to the full to beat the 7.31 record! Although the lovely sunny weather is drawing me outside!

MK1 GTI Cabrio
Ford Mondeo (Daily drive)
Nissan 350z GT Coupe (the toy)

Back to the top

jordster said

currently on 1 blue, 3 whites and 1 silver MK1 - Am saving the cash until a black one appears - intend on modding it to the full to beat the 7.31 record! Although the lovely sunny weather is drawing me outside!

My times are with everything…..N/A 217bhp… :x

might try it with my turbo one ( yes i have one of each !  :D )

EDIT  -  7.45.3

and that was with an off and some general " lazy " cornering…….i feel better now…. :banghead:

Back to the top

and that really is it for today….i've got a four door mk1 to customise outside….   :mrgreen:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.