Skip navigation

CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 2006 - WE'RE IN!!

Back to the top

CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 2006 - WE'RE IN!!

OK chaps, I got us in again! :wink:  October 27-29 at NEC Birmingham.

Unfortunately they couldn't give us more space this year but I hope to go a bit more upmarket with carpet and the like! (Well just a little! :lol: )

Don't bombard me too much with ideas yet as after tomorrow I'm away until next weekend. Rajan offered his MK1 rally car up for the stand this year (which I hope is still on offer dubbers?!)

This will leave space for 3 more MK1's so if you'd like to get on the stand e-mail me a pic or two. I would be after;

1. Series 1 Gti or Non-Gti
2. Series 2 Gti or non-Gti (only 1 Gti will be on stand as want a non-gti but wanting a small rear light MK1 too!)
3. MK1 Cabby

Hope that all makes sense?!

Helpers will be required to cover the 3 days as per last year. I think it's fair to say the show was far better than any of us expected so it's well worth a visit as plenty to see - it's not all old men with pipes and beards - there's some younger folk too with pipes and beards!!

I'll keep you all posted near to the time with updates - got Gaydon to finish sorting first! 8O  :wink:

Cheers
Andy
So basicall

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I could bring my series 1 again, but as I brought it last year I give some one else the chance to display theirs, there is a few non GTI series 1s on the site now so must be some one up for this.

Mine can be back up if all else fails :wink:

Back to the top
Cheer sfor the standby offer Danny! Yep, I would like to use different cars this year!

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Im up for help again! My motors available too.

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Still up for it Andy, car is looking a bit different for its 30th birthday!  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
i'm up for this.i'm off from the friday to the monday so i'll lend a hand if required.my sportline is available also :)

Back to the top
Just wanted to say to those who didn't make it last year it really is a fantastic show to go to, and the stand last year was a good laugh - amazing how many people just dropped by to say "I used to jave one of those…."

I doubt it will happen this year, but if for any reason you are short of people to help out on the Friday let me know.

I'm planning to go anyway this year, and will probably take the Friday off work to beat the crowds  :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Both car and self available if required for the stand, but if they are going to have the parade again like last year, I would prefer to do that again. We got a really good reception last year.

Back to the top
ill bring mine if you like a plate campaign

Back to the top
UPDATE

I NEED CARS PLEASE!!!

Ok, so Rajan is putting his red series 1 Gti on the stand. Unfortunately, we have less space than last year (asked for more! 8O ) so I can probably only fit another two cars on the stand.

Ideally I'd like a Cabby and a non-Gti Series 2. Cars don't have to be concours but given the type of show the cleaner the better but everything will be considered.

If you are interested in supplying your car for the weekend please e-mail photos and details of your car to me on events vwgolfmk1 .org.uk

Please note that you would have to put the car on the stand space at the NEC on Thursday 26th October and it would have to remain there until close of show on Sunday 29th October, so please bear this in mind

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
BUMP!

Come on chaps, nothing so far and if I get nothing we have no show!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
im all for daily driver scene as its not the best but "well Weathered"

stick me name down andy.

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Andy,

How about a non runner, resto project?  I could trailer up my yellow S reg 1.5

Gives the club a more earthy feel  :D

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
if you want her i will bring my lhasa green gti, should hopefully be back on the road after vandals way back in febuary,  would be her only show this year. :cry: be glad to take her for a trip out.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
I like crazyquiff's idea of an 'in-progress' car. How about someone doing a live demo of stuff, for example you could do rear brake refurb, or oil change, or clutch swap, or tuning (idle speed, ignition timing, mixture setting).

If you want, I could kill 2 birds with one stone by bringing my spruced-up GL Auto cabby - it would give me an incentive to do the bodywork on it!

Back to the top
We talked last year about having a 'barn-find' or 'basket case' on the stand. Certainly worth a thought.

In any case, anyone who has a car for the duration I'd be grateful if you can e-mail me the piccies and specs please.

Ref demos etc, as soon as you start doing anything other than static displays can be a damn nightmare on the Health & Safety side getting stuff cleared, insured, etc etc in this far too 'PC' world! I'm happy to consider stuff but think we'd be limited. Plus renting power from NEC is expensive!

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

We talked last year about having a 'barn-find' or 'basket case' on the stand. Certainly worth a thought.

In any case, anyone who has a car for the duration I'd be grateful if you can e-mail me the piccies and specs please.

Ref demos etc, as soon as you start doing anything other than static displays can be a damn nightmare on the Health & Safety side getting stuff cleared, insured, etc etc in this far too 'PC' world! I'm happy to consider stuff but think we'd be limited. Plus renting power from NEC is expensive!

Cheers
Andy

Yeah I know. Obviously, welding and spraying are out…. and any knd of trimming, is just a bit boring. Something not too hard, mechanical, should be ok if you bring enough stuff and a good floor covering too.

Back to the top
the NEC will not let you run the engine, and you should have less than about 5lts of fuel if I remember right 8O so they are pretty strict. The stand area was fully open to the public so they could wonder around the cars, if one of them tripped over equipement etc you never know what the outcome could be  :?

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

the NEC will not let you run the engine, and you should have less than about 5lts of fuel if I remember right 8O so they are pretty strict. The stand area was fully open to the public so they could wonder around the cars, if one of them tripped over equipement etc you never know what the outcome could be  :?

I guess its a non-starter then!

Back to the top
i wouldnt mind coming provided ive got my car sorted, and im not out of the country with work.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.