Skip navigation

streched rubber, recomendations

Back to the top

streched rubber, recomendations

I'm running 7x15" rims on mine, and got 165/50 tyres looked stretched but not as bad as that pic. No handling problems so far obviously not as good grip as a 195/45 but you have to comprise and I'm not using it for track use and I'm no macdonalds race car driver!!!

Hope this helps!

teammonkey

Back to the top
nice car!

are they cookie cutters i see on there? what offset are they? how thick are your adaptors? i was trying to get a set on mine but every wheel i looked at/bought had a really low offset and i figured they'd stick out too far with the adaptors :banghead:

mark

Back to the top
I've got 195/45 Yoko A539's on mine and they give a little amount of stretch. It seems to vary between tyres as to how much stretch you get, toyo's in the same size give a little more stretch, and Falken's give more than any other in 195/45 that I know of.
I'm also of the opinion that wheels under 7.5" shouldn't have mega stretched tyres, not only for grips sake, but because it looks odd to me having a very narrow treaded part of a tyre.

Anyway pic of mine for reference on phase1's 7x15

Andy

Back to the top

ChiDub said

i think everyone who has a problem with it should look at the hoodride crew….all dubs but respect for doing what YOU want, not what everyone else wants.

I agree the hoodride way of thinking is great! 8)  even though I drive a pretty standard car

Its fine to love standard cars but those who want to be a bit different should be allowed to without a stoning :mrgreen:

guest appearance from my giant chess piece :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.