Skip navigation

streched rubber, recomendations

Back to the top

streched rubber, recomendations

Last time I lend you any of my old clothes Chudd, you ungrateful so and so!  8O  I just thought you might grow into them?
Besides all your clothes have George in the back! Have you been borrowing other peoples clothes for a while?  :lol:

Back to the top
As im a big fan of stretching the rubber i would advise you to fit a 175/50/15 tyre, give you a nice stretch 8)

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Stretching tyres onto rims is not clever. Its dangerous, because the tyre needs to sit in the bead on the rim. You can get 3 points on your licence for a tyre in a dangerous condition. 3 points, each wheel, = 12 points = losing your licence on totting up.

Having to get the bus everywhere doesn't look that cool, does it?

Back to the top
Depends on how far the stretch is, i have a stretch on my lupo. 195/40/16on a 7.5" rim and that has just gone through a mot fine!

I an understand peoples fears but if your not going stupid, there is no harm?

Back to the top
post a picture funk-star... :D

Back to the top

Not that you can see the tyres very well! but they are stretched!

Back to the top
love the lupo gti. my dream daily driver.  

looks good.  8)

maybe look better with some ronal turbos  :wink:  

andrew

Back to the top

marsredgti said

andrew

8O

Back to the top

walt said

marsredgti said

andrew

8O

what?  i just like the look of the silver gti in this thread.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10377

god, not allowed freedom of expression anymore?  :dontknow:

I think you will find that Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights says i can…. :wink:

Andrew

P.S. Law exams all finshed! :mrgreen:

Back to the top

marsredgti said

I also like the ronals but i like to be different, and not a sheep, thats why i will never own bbs wheels!

Bah  Bah

Back to the top
well if you really dont want to be a sheep then you shouldnt own a mk1!

only joking.

Andrew

P.S. i like my bbs'   :cry:  :oops:

Back to the top
Yea thats why im looking for a white one, and not a really common colour like Lhasa Green  :wink:  :lol:

Back to the top
Actually fair doo's…..The Ronald turbo's do actually suit the Lupo! But I feel this is just a momentary lapse and I shall no doubt be back to my normal Ronald turbo hating self, after my next course of electric shock treatment!  :lol:

Back to the top

funk-star said

Yea thats why im looking for a white one, and not a really common colour like Lhasa Green  :wink:  :lol:

right then funky man you are going to feel the wrath of the back of my hand if you are not more respectful!   :twisted:  :wink:

my car is individual in many ways, you just cant see them.  :)

Back to the top
Lmfao at the back of the hand!

Back to the top
Stretch um :lol:

Back to the top
165/50/15s :)

Back to the top
yep :wink:

Back to the top

Altern8 said

165/50/15s :)

bridgestone potenzas :wink: i bought a set of a guy who intended going for the stretch but didnt like the look,guy on E38 is running 165s on a 7" oz turbo his sigs alexw just do a search on his name,im going to run mine on 15" P's which wont have as much of a stretch

can see where the conflict comes from with purists and modders though,personally i like the stretched look but plenty of my mates dont. Modding is supposed to be an individualist thing tho so as long as you like it charge on  :D

note :- a guy i know runs serious stretched rubber on 17" schmidtts and tho it looks good hes got inflation problems,im going to be running 225s on my 10" rear rims and 205s on the front 8" rims and will pm u pics when i get my new lips and get the tyres on(id post them but theyre going on a passat estate)

Back to the top

Message for - ADEY1984

Hello Mate. I know exactly what look your going for and I totally agree. Its your car mate…do what you want. I think its a fat look and I'm doing it on my Mk1 with 15" Chrome audi wheels. I'm afraid I cant help much but the way to work out tyre size's is…the width is in mm and the profile is a percentage ie:- 195/45 means 195 mm wide and 45% of that is the height. try measuring your wheel and taking a certain amount off the width, like 30mm. Good luck mate. By the way, i think everyone who has a problem with it should look at the hoodride crew….all dubs but respect for doing what YOU want, not what everyone else wants.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.