Skip navigation

Check this out it's flying on ebay

Back to the top

Check this out it's flying on ebay

scouse said

[quoteWhos wants to mail him with the observations and ask if it has been painted then!?..

on its way

why don't we all do it for a laugh  :lol:
i've just done it, it feels like playing knock down ginger again :twisted:

Back to the top
There is a silver one in York that is deffo totally original - never had paint / panels / welding and its got less miles on the clock….Ive known the guy 10 years or so and its always been in a garage and NEVER used in that time - will he sell it - well I dont own it so there's your answer  :banghead:

Back to the top
Please only contact the seller if you are interested in buying it. Its not in anyone's interest to play a joke on any seller/buyer.

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

Please only contact the seller if you are interested in buying it. Its not in anyone's interest to play a joke on any seller/buyer.

agree with this , he obviously put a lot of time and effort in the add and he might not be aware of the things you have all pointed out . if i hadnt read this post i would of thought it was totaly original too

Back to the top
Looking good but i wouldnt buy it lol!!! :lol:

whats the differance between a champaigh (how eva you spell it lol) and a golfc or any other tin top???

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top
There is a 82 Mars Red GTI on practical classics with 44K on the clock for ?4600 owner has had it since 1985 !!

Back to the top

xxchrissixx said

Looking good but i wouldnt buy it lol!!! :lol:

whats the differance between a champaigh (how eva you spell it lol) and a golfc or any other tin top???

Go to jail. If you pass GO do not collect ?200.

Stand in the corner and read
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=7

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

only kidding old chap :oops: , i've sold a few myself and been messed about

Back to the top
Erm dubboy i dont think so lol  :P i dont go in to jail i bribe my way out  :wink:

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top
:lol:  Ah to be young and bat your eyelids to get out of everything….

Its a pretty clean car tbf and if it was a full on restoration would it really matter so much these days? Obviously there is a market for a non molested one or one so good its almost impossible to tell..  both would command high prices and judging by the thourough advert I think this guy is going to pull in big money. The scary bit is no reserve.. that says either it was in an old dears garage and he got it for pence or hes going to keep an eye open and bid her up.. Opps Im being cynical Arfur Dayley again…  :wink:

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
Ok...I have read all the faults and bits missing etc etc so not being one to be left out I would like to express my disgust at the missing radiator retaining bracket which should hold the radiator to the front slam panel! Hmmph! :posh:

Back to the top

The_Chef said

Well on a closer look,
His grill badge,…. rad rhd side front panel mount missing,….
However none of that would put me off looking at the car, as long as its genuine paint and just a few cosmetics… its a lovely looking one.

To quote myself … You need to find a new one I did that one already

:wink:  :P  :lol:  :lol:

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
:banghead:

Back to the top
at least your having a try walt!

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
oh i've got another!! looks like red overspray on the backbox and on the rad through the grill 8O
thats in the full 360o view

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
:wink: Its still a lovely motor that i would love to own and something that is going to remain a classic.I also doubt it will ever lose any money ever again subject to careful ownership lol

Back to the top
Also it states F S H  and in the description there is a service breakdown and it says as follows    
Service History Information

Date
 Description
 Mileage

01/12/83
 PDI Service

06/04/84
 Service

08/11/84
 Service

30/10/85
 Service

20/02/91
 Service

03/10/91
 Service

20/09/92
 Service

21/11/94
 Service

18/11/96
 Service

17/11/97
 Service

07/05/98
 Service

30/10/98
 Service

21/10/05
 MOT

09/05/06
 Service

so from 98 to 2006 some 23000 miles were covered without a service is this full service history ?

Back to the top
The advert is definitely hyped up. Its missing history between 85-91 and 98-05. I would guess that in the last missing period, the car's been stripped inside and out, and given a quality respray. After then its probably been garaged and used sparingly. For me, it just doesn't look quite right. If you look at things like the edge of the seats, for example, they are not straight or a regular curve; there is slight discolouration of the trim in unusual places.

If it were immaculate - or if it were little worn (you know, with a decent 'patina' applied to it caringly over the years) it would look more honest and therefore more appealing.

I'd say from the pics, worth ?4000-4500. I bet it eventually goes for more though.

Back to the top
Lovely car, only bit I can not work out is on the 360 degree tour
(large pics) in the front view there are pipes coming through
and going on to the wipers, but the washer nozzle is on the bonnet!.

Does this mean that the washer nozzle pipes have been put
straight on to the wipers & extra holes drilled in the panel behind
the bonnet? or am I missing something?.

nice spray job as well!  :lol:

Regards

Dibbler  :wink:

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
Just double checked!, you can only see this on the "Broadband"
very large pics!,  but they are there, and I dont think they should be? :dontknow:

Regards

Dibbler  :wink:

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.