Skip navigation

2 litre powered!!!! ( lots of piccys)

Back to the top

2 litre powered!!!! ( lots of piccys)

Hi Mate, just about to embark on exactly the same engine swap.

Any updates for the post?

Anyway, I think i've got all angles covered - apart from the cam belt cover (top and bottom parts). Did you use the orig one from the 1800?

I've got a supersprint 4 into 1 manifold, which is one piece and therefore can't be 'dropped' by use of a sandwich plate - slightly concerned about clearance…..

Current Toy: Mk1 Golf GTI Cabrio Sportline (Red) 2 litre tall block , high lift cam, Audi WUR & throttle body, 16V fuel metering head, Supersprint 4 into 1 manifold, adjustable coilovers.

Back to the top
For anyone who's interested, i've managed to source the correct parts to make up the cam-belt cover for this conversion:

You'll need:

037 109 107B - Top cover
048 109 175A - Bottom cover
048 109 173D - Top bracket attached to the cam cover
048 109 129  - Back plate sitting behind the pullys

The top and bottom covers will need a little modification to fit around the Mk1 engine mounting.

The top cover is squarer compared to the rounded mk1 original.

:D

Current Toy: Mk1 Golf GTI Cabrio Sportline (Red) 2 litre tall block , high lift cam, Audi WUR & throttle body, 16V fuel metering head, Supersprint 4 into 1 manifold, adjustable coilovers.

Back to the top
Four year bump nice

Back to the top
am building a 2 litre agg code for mine , and the dizzy needs an adapter sleeve , did yours ?

Back to the top

peeriehutchie said

am building a 2 litre agg code for mine , and the dizzy needs an adapter sleeve , did yours ?

Luckily my donor engine had already been installed in a Mk1, so all major mods done  :D

Back to the top
am lookin at the old 1800 DX n thinkin it does run lol

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.