Skip navigation

"Yorkshire Massive" - YM1 "Gunning for title

Where would you like the "Yorkshire Massive" meets to be held?

Leeds {-} [18 votes]
York {-} [17 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

"Yorkshire Massive" - YM1 "Gunning for title

Leeds it is then!

:D

Black Cabbie

Back to the top
hows it going kins, is we any nearer with getting this meey up and running matey? :cheer:

Back to the top
Just need to go find a suitable venue. A think I'll haver to spent a day trying out all the pubs. It's a tough job but someones got to do it! Anyone like to help?

I need one with easy access for everyone to get to and find ok.

A decent sized car park,

Good food and ale.

Friendly and willing to host this sort of think.

Can anyone recommend such a venue?

As soon as this sorted we can sort out a time and a date.

Karl :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
the obvious places i can think of are :- either the harewood arms opposite the entrance to harewood house in leeds or as a compromise there is the buckles in on the a64 just outside tadcaster on the way between leeds and york, both have decent car parking, both do food and the beer is a good price aswell, will keep thinking of alternatives

86 Golf Cabrio 1.6 GL Auto

92 Merc Benz 230CE Coupe

Back to the top
Hello,

I'm gonna be moving up to Leeds this summer to stay with my bro, so I'm definatly up for a meet in Leeds  8) But it might have to be in the mk2…

See you when its sunny  :wink:

Andrew

Black MK1 GTI Campaign SOLD
Blue T5 GP 2010 Transporter (Van)
Orange M6L 2012 Brompton (Bike)
Neversummer 2012 Revolver (Snowboard)

Back to the top

bigbear said

the buckles in on the a64 just outside tadcaster on the way between leeds and york,

Yea that is a good pub (also very close to where I live!).
Further up the A64 towards Leeds is the Fox which does food & has plenty of parking.

Edit /update - My mate tells me that the Lotus Owners Club meet in the Buckles Inn each month on a Tuesday night.

Black Cabbie

Back to the top

This gone stale

Has this meet gone stale? Not much action going down?

Back to the top
C'Mon, need a venue and date.
Me n mi bruv will be up for it, just need some notice as we have families to sort out.
Been waitin for something like this for ages :pray:

Mk1 Golf GTI 83 Y reg in Lhasa green
Rear disc conversion
Lowered 20mm
14" Campaign Pirrelli P Slots

Back to the top

Meet

yeah it'd be a shame to let this drop off now.  seems to have generated plenty of interest and would surely be well supported/attended.

someone must have an idea for a venue before what little bit of summer we have runs out? :banghead:

Back to the top
I still reckon York? Oh and due to a number of deaths on the York road recentely, the east riding council of yokrshire have decided to place 13 speed camera's of different types along the whole york road

Back to the top
I voted Leeds, but i'd go to York all the same, just need a venue and a date so can run it by the missus  :hand: , ya know how it is!

Rear disc conversion
Lowered 20mm

Back to the top
Sorry this seams to be slow of the ground if not had chance to look for venues yet as outside of work I've been looking for a flat in leeds.

I think we just need to pic somewhere and see what its like and what sort of crowd turns out.

I don't know the Harewood arms but I've been to Harewood house. I'll see if I can go check the place out and have a chat with the landlord if its cool for us to have a meet there.

Any more suggestions welcome :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Any more suggestions welcome

You could get a large flat with a large car park and lay on food  :dontknow:

:mrgreen:

Back to the top

When is this gunna happen?

When is this gunna happen? A good meet for a photoshoot of all the cars would be somewhere with docks or a marina. Would make some quality photo's?

Back to the top
Lots of people want this to take off ASAP.

It's all very well asking  
When is this gunna happen?

To make this happen quickly what we need is people to help organise a meet. Constructive input please people :D At the moment all we need for this to take off is a venue with a landlord that is willing to accommodate. Can anyone help out on this?

I am more than willing to help out with this, just at the minute my priority is finding somewhere to live and getting a graduate job. :?

Back to the top
I reckon we need to get an idea of how many people wish to attend and to do that we need to decide on a date. Then with knwoledge of how many cars there will be we can decide on a suitable venue. Unless there are dozens of cars then I would have thought any landlord would welcome us, providing we didn't take over his carpark completely.

DubPartz

Back to the top
Friend at work has recommended a place called Squires Cafe Bar at Sherburn-in-Elmet near Tadcaster just off of the A1/A64, apparently it has parking for about 100 cars and serves good food and BEER!
In all fairnes it sounds near spot on as its between the two desired locations and its large enough to host the meet without any prior arrangement with the landlord I would imagine. But don't hold me to that! 8)
Check out their site Home - Squires Cafe

Rear disc conversion
Lowered 20mm

Back to the top

Yer

Yer nice location like it. Right Kins allsorts has sorted ya a location now everyone who wants to actually come to a Yorkshire meet, whack your name down below and see how many numbers where going to have.

Actually shall we start a new thread? Your call boss

Back to the top

allsorts said

Friend at work has recommended a place called Squires Cafe Bar at Sherburn-in-Elmet near Tadcaster just off of the A1/A64, apparently it has parking for about 100 cars and serves good food and BEER!
In all fairnes it sounds near spot on as its between the two desired locations and its large enough to host the meet without any prior arrangement with the landlord I would imagine. But don't hold me to that! 8)
Check out their site Home - Squires Cafe

Perfect ! Well done Allsorts :clap:

Count me in though I sometimes have to work on weekends so hopefully I can make it.

DubPartz

Back to the top
Sounds good to me - get it sorted Kins :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.