Skip navigation

2.0L 16V CONVERSION(FUEL LINES)

Back to the top

2.0L 16V CONVERSION(FUEL LINES)

Mmmm - I think the Mk2 16v metering head is virtually the same in configuration to the MK1 and all the pipe fittings are the same.

Can anyone confirm that?

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Terribleone, let me know you're email and i'll wack the FAQ over to you :)

Heres how mines set up (obviously the injector lines aren't attached!)  The four injector lines can go in any configeration on the four top holes.

I assume the metering head blocks themselves are the same (?), I'm running the Mk1 1.8 GTI Metering head, Filter etc anyway. So you could do what i;ve done, set it up using the mk1 metering head, filter, and fuel lines for the moment, reconfigure where the filter sits once its running.

I assume hte 16V metering head block can jut be swapped with the 8V one on the airbox.

Not saying thats the best way to do it of course, ideally filter shouldnt be up against the slam panel!

oh yeah, and TAKE YOUR CAPS OFF MATE! lol  :P

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Have just gone through loads of 16V pics both raddo and mk2 Golf , the metering heads all look exactly the same, and same as the mk1 GTI, same configeration of fuel lines.

mk2 16V:

however….
The supply line appears to have a solid end, however if using Richs lines and the mk1 end yours should end like mine.

and as the fuel filter is further upstream it doesnt have the short filter to metering head tail that the mk1 GTI has.  Easiest way is just to connect it up as you can see in my pic, using the 8V filter to metering head tail.  If you want to move filter to a better position its prob advised.

I keep meaning to.  :lol:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

FUEL LINES

CHEERS BOSS,IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW.IM MISSING THE 3RD TAIL OFF THE MK1 FROM BACK OF FILTER TO METERING HEAD.NEED TO GO SEE MY OLD BOSS WHOS GOT THE OLD GTI ENGINE AND HALF INCH  IT BACK.GOOD JOB HE AINT PAID FOR IT YET HEY.THANKS FOR YOUR TIME MANIC.I GUESS THE IDEAL SOLUTION WOULD BE TO HAVE A LONGER VERSION OF THIS TAIL THEREFORE ALLOWING YOU TO RELOCATE THE FILTER SOMEWHERE SAFER.PERHAPS SOMETHING CRAZYQUIFF MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN TO FINISH THE FUEL LINE RANGE NICELY.THANKS AGAIN DUDE.YOU HAVE PM MANIC.

Back to the top
Yeah that longer pipe for relocating the filer is a good idea.  Where would the best location be for the filter?

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

Yeah that longer pipe for relocating the filer is a good idea.  Where would the best location be for the filter?

Cheers

Rich

On my scirocco its going somewhere inside the scuttle using the bracket which originally held it onto the metering head.

Rich,

Could you replicate the mk1 filter to metering head pipe in braided making it around 600/700mm long?

Back to the top
Yeah should be able to do that - would need to change the length of the 16v supply pipe to suit.

Need a show of hands where the best place for the filter is, then I can sort out lengths.  The short filter supply tail would be retained I presume but the supply pipe could incorporate that also.

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top
Most i've seen have just been on the bulkhead just up from where the lines come into teh bay, or on the suspension turret.
hen mine goes into body shop soon i'm goign to take out the line and replace anyway Rich, so i'll have a play with where best/neatest location it.  Hoping to location in exact same location as currently but upside down and on other end of airbox.  :dontknow:

Rich, Would it not be worth getting a banjos mounted on the ends of your replacement lines , then the old section could be ditched. Or is it more difficult than having the current pipe ending?

Back to the top
That would be the plan - to end the pipe in a banjo and do away with the short tail.  No problem just need to identify the best place/have enough pipe for a couple of places.

Having said that I don't sell many of the 16v conversion lines - sell lots of the original GTi lines - so is it worth investing the time?  probably….

Back to the top

FUEL LINES.

IVE NOW GOT THE MISSING 3RD TAIL :lol: I THINK AS MANIC SAYS RICH,A BANJO FITTING ON THE END OF THE SUPPLY LINE INTO THE FILTER IS A GOOD IDEA.THAT WAY I WOULDNT HAVE 23 YEAR OLD HOSE STUCK TO THE END OF SHINY NEW LINE.AS FOR THE LOCATION OF THE FILTER I GUESS ITS DOWN TO PERSONAL PREFERANCE BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HAVE IT TUCKED AWAY SOMEWHERE AT THE OTHER END OF THE METERING HEAD MUCH ALIKE MANICS SUGGESTION .IF YOU NEED ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MEASUREMENTS I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP ONCE IVE GOT AIRBOX AND METERING HEAD IN EXACT LOCATION.

Back to the top
Manic - You are not there oin the 17th are you?  If not where is your filter now?  Where are you going to move it?

TERRIBLEONE - If you could get some measurements that would be useful

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top

FUEL LINES

NO PROBLEM MATE,I'LL GET THEM TO YOU ASAP.BEEN BUSY THIS WEEKEND DOING OTHER THINGS.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.