Skip navigation

Are you coming to Gaydon?

Are you coming to Gaydon??

Saturday only {-} [5 votes]
Sunday only {-} [15 votes]
Full Weekend WITHOUT camping {-} [5 votes]
Full weekend WITH camping {-} [28 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

Are you coming to Gaydon?

penny said

Convoy sounds like a plan and a half, any one from the Berkshire meet got any ideas?

will be going down for just the sunday, but would be good to get a mini convoy going  8) and meet some others that'll be driving past us

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Sweet, i'm only going down the sunday too, did everyone go down in convoy last year? how many mk1's turned up last year and how many does everyone recon will turn up this year, any ideas??

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
We've had circa 150 cars each year for last two, many different convoys too! This year, dont know! 150+ I guess?! :lol:  :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Hey Anji !

Welcome to the mk1 forum…and hell yeah  :twisted:  You can join up my convoy no probs  :D

If you do overtake… that means the pressure is on you to send us the right way!

But yeah, looking forward to the likkle trip out. Are, you off to All-Types this weekend?

Stay out of the black…
 And into the red….
 You get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed!

Back to the top
Hey Bozlem-boy,

No way will I be doing any overtaking ha ha.  Me, I am just gonna sit quietly in the background and play  :lol:.  Have just got the car back after having a new gearbox and drive shaft put in, so we are currently bonding again  :wink:

I can't make the All types this weekend  :cry: - a friend of mine runs a limo company and I am helping out.

Are you going to Meridan on Monday??

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top
I can't wait till the weekend! Going to be big baby you gotta be there booooooom! 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
hey guys and gals gutted i cant make Gaydon i'm going vw mania been last two years its simpy the best show and i love the beer

anyway hope all goes well, and i meet you lot soon

p.s Andy i will send those pics when i get back just picked up my new camera today, just in time for the show

peace out dudes  :wink:

Back to the top
What VW mania is the same day as Gaydon and Tatton! That sucks big time  :cry:  Gaydon for me! :posh:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
it just seems what ever weekend we pick its always going to clash with something. I would love to go to maina - may be next year if it falls on a different date.
My main alliance has to be with the club though so gaydon will always come out on top :wink:

Back to the top
Gaydon rules!

Don't forget, it was planned for end of august as usual but majority here wanted it moved due to the bank holiday - that's democracy for you!!

That said, I don't think both events were confirmed when we re-booked the dates?

See you at Gaydon!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Due to finacial reasons I will no longer be attending Gaydon! So sorry guys I really wanted to come :cry:

Back to the top
Tatton for Kins after all then ????  :lol:

DubPartz

Back to the top
Not even got the sponnies for tatton! Can i hear an "Awwwwwwwww"? :dontknow:

Back to the top
Blimey…..things must be bad  :(

DubPartz

Back to the top
You could say that  :|

Back to the top

shall i bring the wife

it was all sorted for me and my oldest lad to go to gaydon for the first time in my golf tomorrow great.  :D
the wife came last year but she got a bit bored at me drooling all over the mk1,s, she has a golf but it's a mk4 soft top and loves to hate mk1,s as i love to hate any golf that is not a mk1 .  :mrgreen:

does any one else have this problem where there partner just does not understand that we like to look and chat about classic cars all day

she says she might come tomorrow , but should i let her ?

p/s, just finished polishing, started at 6pm ,hope it dont rain  :dontknow:

1983 lhasa green mk1 1.8 gti

old skool baby

Back to the top
nah leave her at home :lol:

my missus understands that I am obsessed with my Golfs but she still doesn't really like them, she'll come to some shows etc but only the ones where there are more than just cars like the town and country show where there is other stuff to see and do.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.