Skip navigation

Who's running the cheapest/most expensive mk1

Back to the top

Who's running the cheapest/most expensive mk1

Iveownedmine for near 4 years now gave a ?1050 and only had exhaust downpipe and tailpipe, gear linkage, warm up regulator, cambelt, plugs, leads dizzy cap, rotor arm, bulkhead weld, radiator, fuel pump relay, fuel filler neck, handbrake,wheel bearing, CV boot and all the filter, fluidschanged regular intervals.

I drive all year roundbeingmyonlycar and work horse, 40,000 miles later still going strong, things on the list that need doing will have to wait until my house is done up or the mot fails, that is a great car and I will treat her soon!!

Jjl.

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
lakesk8 is your spacebar working? :)

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
I paid ?2.7k for mine and have since spent a further ?400-?500 on her

Only bought her in october

:oops:  :banghead:  :oops:  :banghead:

Back to the top
Bought mine for ?2,995 six years ago and have probably spent the same amount since on running and general repairs….

Needs a bit more work still though!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
brought a gti last week for ?400 but no MOT or tax nuffind wrong with it but am gona replace all parts on it which is adding up to abot ?1000

Back to the top
My mk 1 G60 cost 5k, a lot i know but it was sound, then i changed it a bit lol so spent A LOT ON HER SINCE THEN, can't bring myself to add it all up ! But have agreed valuation, only been with her for 2 years  8O

G60

Back to the top
Mine came with ?15,000 worth of receipts dating back to 1983. The biggie is a new cylinder head, brand new from VW for ?900! Glad I didn't have to foot that bill!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
my recipe.

?100 for a totally rust free mk1 driver, free polo 1.3 engine with less than 100K on it, a FREE set of mk2 telephone dial steels,?15 for a three spoke wolfsburg streering wheel, combine the four leave in a field for three years to mature. remove when required, replace brake flexis, service, replace battery and use without fault for 3 years as a daily….

so about ?200 all in ?

might look like this ? one day ? unless i get bored…

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

Anyone bought a cheap one and actually using it all weathers 10,000+ miles a year without spending thousands keeping it on the road?

yep ! me.  :)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
bout 20 quid so far......................... :D

Back to the top
my current everyday car was one i swopped for a rotten bug.(free) not the best but goes very well and i also use it for trials and autotests so it really does get hammered to death. when i got it i also got a photo restoration for it that cost ?4000!!! bought another gti of scouse recently for ?75 but that needs work.

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
Brought me mk1 for 500, spent a further 4000 on it over bout a year and a half, then got it on the road, drivin it everyday for nearly two years now. :D

Although next is bigger engine and seats to sort, more time off road, and less money :roll: Love it really. :wink:

Now ridin me mountain bike into work (hours ride) so i can take it off road, and get some proper work done, i love it too much! :roll:  :oops:

Back to the top
The car cost ?50, but I'm up to ?1500 including the tax, insurance, Mot etc.

Back to the top
Bought a running donor car in Feb (advertised as non-runner) for ?180. Was an '84 GTI cabriolet. Had a brand new hood, cream leather interior and nice audi quattro style alloys. The shell was ok too. Could've made a bargain motor with a bit of tidying.

So, the bargains are still out there buddy.

It did smoke quite voilently though. Good job it's been ripped apart for bits and is now dead!

'91 mk1 cabby

Back to the top
my white 83 gti cost me 450 and just needs a complete rear panel and a drivers wing. oh and rear brakes but everythin else is mint wont cost anythinin labour cus im a lucky sod and work in a bodyshop. when i originally got it i opened the boot and it was full of cobwebs (been sat 3 yrs) lokked like somethin outta indiana jones!!! hehe oh and a mouse nest in the scuttle panel!!

white 1983 series2 work in progress

Back to the top
My old 1600Gti cost me 950 and i sold it for the same a year later with th addition of corrado seats adn the body work tidied up.

Then i sold the green one and bought my mars red retro lookin golf for ?2200 a bargin methinks still got original stickers in the drivers door post.

Soon to have a rebuild with lots of polished goodies. :D

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.