Skip navigation

SWM9 (Maybe a change so please read)

Back to the top

SWM9 (Maybe a change so please read)

Daisy said

If the weather is good then i will,

I will drop the cards round one day next week if i get chance :wink:  :twisted:

Cheers mate, i can pick them up from your work, on friday nxt week as i have a half day and need to take the mk1 out for a run, ill ring you friday to see what time, if thats ok.

Be nice to see the cab after all the nice commemts everyones been saying about it 8)

Unfortunately i haven't really done much on the golf :roll:  :oops: , apart form re-torque the head bolts, but still it's leaking a small bit of oil :banghead: , need that gti lump! But may have some german plates and maybe even a rear light change, if all goes to plan.

Taking the golf out tomorro for a rinse, meeting up with a air cooled club called crazy dub club, cus me mates a member with his camper, should be good, plus im camping at bristol volksfest, with that lot to. :D

Back to the top
day zee, ill be there for this one, hoping andy comes too, and this time another, withought anyones car blowing up just before, or fuel leaks 5mins b4 supposed to leave etc.
lookiong forward to this one, hope its a good turn out.

seems alot of ppl arent going to this one.

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
yo dudes,
 not gunna be able to make this one (two in a row now!!!!)

this is the weekend im doing my engine upgrade!! YEY!!
just got the head back from the shop and its looking awesome!
hopefully should be able to do the swap in a long weekend, fingers crossed!
 cant wait, got it booked for the rollers too.
 petrol guzzling here we come!

John

1983 mk1 gti 2.0l 2e powered
newman cam
ported, polished, big valve 1.8 head
audi throttle body
SWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTT

Back to the top
Hi all,

This months meet and the last two had more people from bristol and glos/swindon etc…. than down south so i have been thinking a change of venue every other month would be a good idea, and fair for members like Kriss and dougy as it would half there trip.

so how does Cribbs Causeway(Mall) sound :dontknow:  loads of places we had a vw meet there before xmas at the Asda car park, (at the end no one parks there)

Please post your views as it is only next sunday :D

Cheers Darren

Back to the top
Ive still not been to any meets.  Personally, from bournemouth, both venues are as far away as one another (according to aa).  There is a few mk1's in the Bournemouth area, so would it potentially be a good time to introduce a South Meet?

Back to the top
No cause most are further north, and this would make it a little more fair and a bit different too :D

Back to the top
What sort of distance are you trying to appeal to?  For example, both venues are about 75 miles from Bournemouth.  The next nearest meet to us is the Berkshire meet, which is about 65 miles from Bournemouth.  Im not adverse to a bit of travel, but if you are moving it further north this time, then will it be further south next time to accomadate us that are further south?  Im not trying to tread on anyones toes, just wondering?

Back to the top
oh, well that sounds pretty bad,
so where is this place? i dont fancy going that far each time, its not far as some but 150+ miles in total is far enough for me.
Well is the meet in the same place this month or not?
If it is then i will be there.

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Guys chill, we have been holding the meet at taunton for nearly a year and most people travel far to get there myself one of them, we chose Taunton as it is just off the M5 and it was where most people agreed,

And at other meets in the past we have spoke of changing the meet each month to suit everyone,

So next month we could have it closer to where you live to please everyone, or maybe just actually come to a meet :evil:  8O as i dont ever see you there each month at the meets  so you cant shout  :roll:  :wink:  

Im not trying to cause a fuss here just to make it fair to everyone, plus Taunton is full of weirdo's(Mark83) :lol:  :wink:

Back to the top
Thats why I said ive never actually been to any meets.  Rest assured, now ive got another mk1, I will be attending, possibly even next week (assuming I get all my chores done in time and am allowed out to play!)  :wink:

Back to the top
sounds great, be good to see a new face at the meets :wink:

Back to the top
So can we have a show of hands for the Cribbs meet at Bristol

Me 8)

Back to the top
Cribs sounds good as it about a 15 min drive :wink:  :D

I should be there, on sunday, depending on coursework, get a few big deadlines the week after, just have to do more work in the week :roll:

As for picking the doorcards up on firday, i forgot it was a bankholiday, i didnt think you'd be working, (probably out cleaning the car knowing you, plus i was in no fit state to drive the friday morning :sick:  :lol:

Back to the top
Nice one but you will be there :evil:

Back to the top
Ill try my best, ive got no excuess now it's only down the road :D

Will it be the same sort of bit of the carpark, top left last time.

Just wish i had something different done to my car, i could polish it lol! I need to change a few things hopefully lights in the nxt couple of weeks, get the tinting spray out, and have them, smoked top, bottom red, should look cool, and a lot better than those clears.

Back to the top
I'm afraid I'm gonna be a stick in the mud! I was up for coming to Taunton but Bristol is too far for me.
Its almost double the distance. 100 miles instead of 55.

Its hardly in the south west either  :lol:

On the other hand if it is a one off and everyones prepared to maybe do a beach meet one day this summer then I'll perhaps make it!

How many people might be up for coming to this…
http://www.goldcoastoc…k/site.php?page=programme

I'll be going anyway! Its a great weekend event like events at Newquay used to be before it got too crazy. I've seen cars on show before too so maybe we could get a pitch  :dontknow:

Its even sponsored by the local VW garage!

Back to the top
I would be well up for that, unfortunately its the same weekend as le mans, so will already be drinking beer in a field whilst watching lots of cars!

Back to the top

Daisy said

So can we have a show of hands for the Cribbs meet at Bristol

Me 8)

Sorry daisy,  :oops: but if you did that i couldnt make it, that would be too much for me&my petrol drinking car, 122 miles each way. :banghead:

If it was every other month then i would be able to make the taunton ones.

Do you know which one you might be thinking of doing it at, so we can make plans with meeting people up there, or telling people about it, or making other plans if not?

Simon R - YouTube

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Is this gonna be a no show, kriss dougy anyone :dontknow:  :banghead:

Back to the top
I definitely cant make this one, got my final 2 uni assignments in next week which is a bit more pressing, but I promise I will make it to a meet soon!!  :oops:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.