Skip navigation

North East Meet - NEM There should be one?

Back to the top

North East Meet - NEM There should be one?

Been looking at the NWM and SWM and think that us lads n ladees up in the North East should have a meet aswell?? What are you thinking? I remember a while back there were a couple of threads about having a North Meet but lets make it happen!! There were at least  6 or 7 people interested before.

Would that be alright Drew? So what you thinking peeps, lets make it happen!!

(sorry if its sounds like an election speech)

Back to the top
I'll jump on that bandwagon. I see many other compass points mentioned on threads but never NE. I reckon there's a growing band of people who would be interested, though it may not be exclusively MK1 owners that get involved. Mr Rezistor, who may be on the PVW forum, has spoken of some Ex POW Camp up Newcastle way as a possible venue but nothings been mentioned since. There was of course the Olds Cool Veedubbers meet at York recently, which I attended and there was about 5 mk1's there, which was a decent showing considering it was a debut meet and the weather was lousy    :)

DubPartz

Back to the top
Good idea DubDriver  

North east meet on regions section sounds like a good move , well volunteered as our leader   :D  Whats the plan ?

Cheers……..

Back to the top

Colonel dub_driver

Colonel Dub_Driver it is, so then recruits im thinking the York area is a good idea. Central to Yorkshire and only and hour away from us all.

Newcastle seems a bit too far up north. Elvington would be the prime spot for a meet? U agree, Ex-Aicraft area, so runway and etc.

Ill try and get in touch with them if you lot want, could be our Bruntingthorpe?

Lets get more recruits!

Back to the top

Come on you North Easterners

Come on i know there are loads of North East Peeps out there? Ill try and find the post from before!!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7587

Which had peeps:quickchick ? Doncaster

andyb77

bigclipper ? Licolnshire

tomo320 ? Maltby

Back to the top

Those interested

Rite so far interested there is:

Dub_driver
Chudd
DubPartz
andyb77
MalC

anyone else if so whack ya name down or get i touch with me, j

Back to the top
tomo320 !!

Dived in to see Paul while working in Malby on Saturday - nice coffee - he has found a nice Young Lass and its too cold to play with cars at the moment  :lol:

Roll on Spring …….. :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Ok

O well cant say we didnt try and get him, ive emailed Elvington events and i am awaiting a response, but wont be access my email tonight as its blocked on the work internet.

O yea another recruit is

Philthy
+
Dub_driver
Chudd
DubPartz
andyb77
MalC

Im thinking the first meet around the end of April the 22 or 29th depending on the availablility of Elvingotn. Now all ive gotta do is get back up the motorway and get me a car. No more rot boxes!!

Back to the top
Id definatley be up for this,

helping a mate build a 16v turbo at mo, and where building a 1300 for his mrs to, so could get a few along, if you get it sorted, 8)

Back to the top

Nice one

Spot on pal, are they members aswell cos i'll ad em to the list. Im looking at a few more cars at the weekend i believe, so hopefully ill be on the move again soon. Theres a few lads down my end aswell, so ill try and see what they think aswell.

bigclipper
Philthy
Dub_driver
Chudd
DubPartz
andyb77
MalC

Back to the top
i'm in!!!!

originally from kent but now in boston, lincs.

i recommend we meet in boston's mcdonalds drive-thru, play our music really loud whilst eating double cheese burgers and talk about how detention went at school.

who's in????

really?? nobody???

fine, i wont arrange it but i will be there!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
by the way forgot to mention. my mate has also got a 1981 mk1 gti and his brother has got a 1982 mk1 16v including mine i make that…………………………..1……………..2………………… er…………………..mmmm…….erm….. i think its………………er…………….. oh! thats right 3!!!!!!! :D  :wink:

they haven't got the net but their names are adam and oliver and they're in boston with me.

thats 3 more mk1 owners to add to your list colonel!!!!(salute)

Back to the top
ignore chudd few cups of coffee he's anyones, ill try and make it as well my speakers are poor but i can eat mc donalds for england, ill try and convince the other half and some of mi mates they have got them n all. tis chilly tho to be messing about with old cars like :wink: btw N.E aint bloody lincolnshire :wink: what about a seaside meet? skeggie, scarborough, brid etc? bit of scenery  8O make a day of it….
cheers,
paul

Back to the top

Scenary

Yer ive heard the coffee around Whitby's really strong  :D   Make a day of it, bloody hell, you sound liek your coming out of the old peoples home to go to the seaside for the day.  :D  Only joking kidda,

so another 3, this is a good effort lads, should make a good meet. Elvington as of yet still to get back to me, however is elvington is not playing ball, somehting like a seaside meet might not be too bad an idea??

Brid or sumwer, we need somewhere we can get all the cars on the front??

adam
oliver
Bren
bigclipper
Philthy
Dub_driver
Chudd
DubPartz
andyb77
MalC

Back to the top
Flip ! I can't make the debut meeting as I'm working on 22nd and am already going to the VW Trackday at Croft, Nr Darlington on 29th. (possible venue Hmmmm ??) :wink:

DubPartz

Back to the top

Re: Nice one

Dub_Driver said

Spot on pal, are they members aswell cos i'll ad em to the list. Im looking at a few more cars at the weekend i believe, so hopefully ill be on the move again soon. Theres a few lads down my end aswell, so ill try and see what they think aswell.

Na mate there not on here, but ill drag em along, wether they get therse built before you meet, if not theyll jump in with me.

sounds like it should be a gudn, keep up the good work fella.

Back to the top
I will set up a NE page today, if the owner could PM me, I will send instructions to update the page!

Nice one chaps.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
im up for york meet

JOEL GTI
1979 mk1 c 1.1L 33k sold :(
1983 mk1 GX 1.5L sold
1983 mk1 gti 1.6 cab sold
1984 mk2 polo 1.0 rat sold
1982 mk1 gti 1.8 sold
1984 mk2 GTI 16V vw motorsport project 16V very rare striped dead!
1985 mk2 GTI 8V runing 140BHP (track car) striping! Dead
1986 mk2 GL 1.8Ldead
1987 mk2 GTI 16V SOLD
Lots of mk3 gti's vr6's and a tdi all sold
1992 mk2 GTI 8V  runout edition sold then bought then sold the bought back and striped!
1990 mk2 GTI 8V in tornado red new car :)

Back to the top

Elvington

Well lads and ladies sorry havent been online for a while. Anyway, Elvington have got in touch and officially peed on our bonfire. They've said about insurance costs etc, below is the email i recieved from the geez. Tell me what you lot are thinking.

Hello

Further to your e mail of 20 March 2006 regarding holding a VW Event at Elvington.

We do not normally do shows or events of this type unless they are organised by a professional motor event or track day company as the costs incurred in putting the event on are considerably larger than one would first imagine. With a huge site such as Elvington, there is also the problem of crowd control with large numbers of barriers and stewards required.  It would also be difficult for you to obtain adequate insurance to run speed events.

Unfortunately, if I haven't already put you off, we do not have any spare weekends at the moment unless you wanted to come in November/December!

Best of luck.

Chris Hudson

also welcome joelgti, another member to the north east

Back to the top
go to good old SKEGNESS  :D  8)

it would make the perfect meeting place. what do you reckon dubdriver???

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.