Skip navigation

NEW GAYDON WEEKEND CAMPING EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

Back to the top

NEW GAYDON WEEKEND CAMPING EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

Ok folks, we wanted to make Gaydon BIGGER and BETTER this year for you, so here's the deal!

GAYDON WILL BE A FULL WEEKEND!!  :cheer:

We have secured the meadow at Gaydon (all 6 acres of it :wink: ) for…

1. MK1 Golf Club Show as per normal
2. Auto-testing - exact details TBC
3. CAMPING (YAY!!!!) on the Saturday night!

So, we can have club BBQ, disco??, watch Walt strut his stuff, you know the score! :wink:

Full details will be confirmed in about a week or so with any costs etc but this should be a weekend not to be missed! Watch this space as I'll keep you posted with details of exactly what will happen, when and any costs involved.

Cheers
Andy

PS - It's August 12th/13th :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
i'm getting exited…. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Woooo Hoooo!!

I wasn't at gaydon last year, other commitments and all the rest of it, but I'm hoping to be there this year, but just starting a new job I need to secure the time off.  Fingers crossed!!

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Folks, make sure you announce this on the various other sites you visit, spread the good news!

Bit of a coup this year. Andy and I will be planning soon, so get those ideas flooding in too! Loads of space and loads of time. Should make for a relaxed weekend of pure mk1 indulgence.

The only downside is we loose hard standing, so pray for good weather… upside is atleast we can nail those damn marquees into the ground properly… :lol:  8O  :roll:

I'm thinking we need an inter-region friendly  :twisted: competition! Nothing like a bit of north south rivalry!

Walt and dubgrrl can cook all weekend for our delectation and delight.

We might even be able to do those bacon butties after all!

Watch this space.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
:y: thats excellent, i'm really looking forward to this now :cheer:

Back to the top
why not invite foriegn mk1 clubs, gaydon international !!!! maybe make it part of 30th aniversary celebration

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

mk1jim said

why not invite foriegn mk1 clubs, gaydon international !!!! maybe make it part of 30th aniversary celebration

Good idea!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
8) how cool is Gaydon going to be!

:pray: please be hot sunny weather

more competition's will be good (best first time welder/sprayer project  :wink: ), but seriously.. best modified and best standard for tin top and drop top as it was too hard to choose last year.. maybe a grill badge with 'Best modified Gaydon 2006' etc. for the winners?  :dontknow:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Like the international idea, see if we can get our colleagues in France and Germany to make the trip!

Might be an idea to badge it '30 years of the mk1' or something.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
yer would be quality, just need to buy another mk1 now. Looking at a few so shouldnt be long? North vs south eh, guna be two different camps cos you know the biggest party will be goin down in the north.

Back to the top

NEWBIE NEED ADVICE

HEY I'M A NEWBIE AND LIVE JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM GAYDON IN WARWICK. HAVE JUST PURCHASED A MINT CONDITION MK1 GTI. WILL THERE BE SHOW AND SHINE TYPE EVENTS THAT I CAN ENTER. WHAT KIND OF AREAS ARE LOOKED AT FOR THESE EVENTS AS I'M LOOKING AT DOING AS MANY SHOWS AS POSSIBLE STARTING ON THE 21ST MAY AT HATTON. ANY TIPS AS TO AREAS I SHOULD WORK ON THE CAR APPRECIATED. LIKE I SAID IT'S MINT BUT USUAL WEAR TO SEAT BOLSTER STRIPE STARTING TO PEEL OFF A BIT BY REAR ARCH.

MK1 GTI 1983 (love of my life)
Mazda MX3 1.8 V6 ( Daily Drive)

Back to the top
i might be up for this now i have seen the words autotest. are they gonna be proper ones as that is what mine is used for. gonna whip those northen arses. in our local motorclub we run an autotest called a dual slalom which is 2 identical tests laid out side by side so you can sort of race each other!

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
Rich - Welcome and STOP SHOUTING!! :lol:  You gotta come if local, will be worth it. Last year we only had one 'best of show' trophy, haven't decided yet what this year will be.

animal - Auto-testing not finalised yet (IS happening), just not certain 100% what yet. May depend on what equipment I can borrow from Gaydon/another club that autotests there so please be patient as may be a little while before I know.

Generally though, should be posting a lot more info this time next week, so keep your suggestions coming, just don't expect answers to all of them yet!! :lol:

Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
will there be a trophy for the best slightly modded mk1 golf?  :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
This is sounding good and is edging ahead of Tatton now!!!!

Keep up the hard work!!!

Dan

Back to the top
:boohoo:  :boohoo:  :boohoo:

Just been told today I've got to change teams new team are nights on Gaydon weekend asked for annual leave for the saturday and sunday but been refused too many off.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
I'm turning down full VIP pit passes to the BTCC at Snetterton, just to go to Gaydon…..Come on guys make the effort  - chuck a sicky - turn down tatton - You know it makes sense  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

drew said

Walt and dubgrrl can cook all weekend for our delectation and delight.

Drew.

Permission to not cook as my baby's due date is the 12th of August and I really don't think Il be much good at BBQing!

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
Im a dab hand on the barby! got my first BBQ for Christmas! from my Grandparents at the age of 6. AND IT GOT USED CRIMBO EVENING dont rember but got pics!

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Well there we go, you can wear a fake belly and a skirt and be my replacement!

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.