Skip navigation

Pic of my New Mk1!

Back to the top

Pic of my New Mk1!

Oh yeh I have been to shows, 2 good examples that have been done nice are the brown caddy with the pro-net and the black/silver 2 tone jetta with ats deep dishes, nice!

Back to the top
This is the type of material I am considering covering the seats with and using cream leather too I think it would go really well with the gold paint job.

Back to the top
desert storm 8) I think that with cream leather on the outer bolsters then ?? so just the centre sections are camo coloured would look really good if you could get some recaro front seats

Back to the top
I?ve got some half leather Porsche bucket seats for the front which will look nice when my mum gets the sowing kit out. She's makes blinds curtains, duvets, cushions and loads of things so this should be easy lol. The guy selling the material is on eBay and he lives 5mins away, he said he can get loads of this which is sweet. I'm thinking of cream leather or suede door cards and headliner and a sandy of brown coloured carpet to match the tones of the camo. Hey I may even spray the dash or leather it up. It will be desert rat look which is totally original! I can?t wait!

Back to the top
I've always fancied doing a suede type dash ( on a face lift mk1 ) would think it would look cooler than cool, I've seen mk2s done in cream leather and they looked great 8)
Porsche seat will look good too.

Back to the top
alcantra would also look cool for the dash which is what they use on WRCs for anti glare. with regards a tdi veggie conversio goto www.vwcaddy.com and do a searh. one is just been done on a mk1 caddy.

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
I would have to agree gold is super cool 8) I mean how retro can you get? Really suits the mk1. Mr_rezistor has a cool gold one. I think if you went for the standard look with a splash of chrome, period alloys and a pdi engine it would be one sweet motor.

Oh here's a pic of that sweet caddy I think you were on about earlier beat:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Question….. does that caddy look small or is the guy on the right with man boobs huge?!…….and is that a leather thong he's wearing over his trackies or a bum bag?! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
:lmao:

i hope for your sake Karl that guy doesnt post on here  :twisted:

He looks quite large to me, sweet caddy though

and yes that is a leather thong, looks very similar to the ones on ebay  :oops:

Back to the top
Yeh thats the caddy I was on about, I saw it at Dubfreeze very nice!

Back to the top

Never mind the caddy!

Never mind the caddy….LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL RIVAGE IN THE BACKGROUND!
Now that is one sweet machine!  :D

Back to the top
What this heap of junk….

Surely the person that owns this cant have a life…. he must spend all his time cleaning it :lol:

Back to the top
You know I love Rosey :D  I'm her Godfather remember! :mrgreen:

Back to the top

dojodubber said

:lmao:

i hope for your sake Karl that guy doesnt post on here  :twisted:

He looks quite large to me, sweet caddy though

and yes that is a leather thong, looks very similar to the ones on ebay  :oops:

So you browse through more than mk1 bits on ebay then Gurv?

Kinky 8O

Back to the top
:hand:  :naughty:

Back to the top
PURLEASE……..not matt black  :cry: ………I'll send you some chalk!!!

But each to his own I suppose. Good luck with it whatever you do. At least it's another Mk1 being loved and kept on the road.  :)

Debs

Back to the top
the L reg rivage was bourt for ?7,500 i met him at club gti meet in manchester it's like brand new the best iv ever seen was stored from new and only done about 8,000 miles i think?

JOEL GTI
1979 mk1 c 1.1L 33k sold :(
1983 mk1 GX 1.5L sold
1983 mk1 gti 1.6 cab sold
1984 mk2 polo 1.0 rat sold
1982 mk1 gti 1.8 sold
1984 mk2 GTI 16V vw motorsport project 16V very rare striped dead!
1985 mk2 GTI 8V runing 140BHP (track car) striping! Dead
1986 mk2 GL 1.8Ldead
1987 mk2 GTI 16V SOLD
Lots of mk3 gti's vr6's and a tdi all sold
1992 mk2 GTI 8V  runout edition sold then bought then sold the bought back and striped!
1990 mk2 GTI 8V in tornado red new car :)

Back to the top
Joel the Rivage is our very own NWM member, the one and only…… "WALT".

It's got a few more miles than that, but dont give hime a big head ok!

He's a very lucky chap :wink:

Back to the top

Rivage!

Yes Joelgti….It is I…Your old buddy Walt! She has done 12,545 miles now! I think when you saw her at the club gti meet she had done just shy of 10k. I have done a couple of bits to her since then, ie changed the Karmann badges for gleaming new ones, cleaned the engine bay carefully, wax oiled the number plate light screws, that kind of stuff!  :D Sadly getting her to shows up and down the country and a few days out put a few thousand miles on her, but probably a good thing! They do need to be used, but not too much!  8O
Thanks for the kind words! Now get yourself to the North West Massive meet and bring all the mk1 owners from the Club GTI meet with you!  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.