Skip navigation

Pic of my New Mk1!

Back to the top

Pic of my New Mk1!

Here it is, I'm lowering the front some more 2moz, then Im goin to put some low profiles on, take the side stripes off, the front arches and half the backs, mite flare them when i get some more money, debaged two headlight grill and debaged delocked boot. In the summer I'm planning on switching the 1.3 for a mk3 1.9tdi with a veggie coversion kit and geting the car sprayed matt black. As for the I.C.E i've got 2 sets of 6x9's one on the parcel shelf one in the boot, Bazooka subwoofer tube and i'm getin another amp and a pair of 4x6's for front to go with the Sony head unit, as for interior got leather porsche seat ready to go in just need the new subframes, sweet!

Back to the top

kewl

kewl, go mk4 pd tdi tho!!

Back to the top
your other option is to keep it completely standard… :dontknow:

Andrew

Back to the top
i have to agree with marsredgti,  i think it looks sweet stock, slammed with a set of ats classics  :dance:

Back to the top
:cry: be a shame to respray that, really like the gold as it's not a very common colour

ATS classics all the way  8)

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Looking/sounding good! do you get wheel rub that low?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
geting the car sprayed matt black

Noooo its well cool keep it  :D

Cheers………….

Back to the top
Yeh you gotta keep that colour!  They look soooo beautiful with all the chrome trim and wheels in that colour! :drool:  8)

Have you seen the guy from the Golf+ mags' mk1?  He's got the same colour as you and done all the chrome trim/crystal lights/ BBS RM's, and it is one of the nicest looking mk1s I've ever seen!

But apparently he wants to respray his too!  Whats goin on? :banghead:

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
I dunno maybe I will keep it sand/gold, as for wheel rubbing this picture was before I lowered it even more at the front, I left it over night and the springs settled in and went even lower so I then had to adjust it again and its about the same height you see it now.

Back to the top
Yeh I've seen the one in Golf+ one of the editors cars, its a 1300 driver too I think and same FK Highsports as me.

Back to the top
spray the thing whatever colour you fancy mate don't give in to peer pressure

Back to the top
I dunno, more interested in a tdi engine conversion first!

Back to the top
you should get the same one out of a new superchipped caddy that would be sick
http://www.carpages.co.uk/volkswagen/volkswagen_superchips_powers_up_vw_caddy_for_racing_debut_11_06_04.asp

Back to the top
That would be sweet, what engines will fit in the Mk1? Theres a few examples on the caddy forum of the Mk3 tdi but I really want to put a modern engine in I know it will be a bugger to put in and set up but it would be worth it, at the moment I'm thinking either mk4 1.9 tdi, GT-TDI or a mk5 2.0 tdi. I know some cutting and welding and hybrid parts will be required to make things fit but I'm not sure what fits into the mk1 engine bay and if their gearboxs will fit with a bit of cutting. VW or Audi I don't mind? Any Ideas?

Back to the top
you could try fitting the skoda rs diesel engine. Im sure that would fit and would be an absolute hoot to drive.  :dance:

Good luck with what ever engine choice you make, but i do love the colour of the car as it is.  :oops:

Andrew

Back to the top
I don't want to sound fussy I know the new Skoda diesel engines are buit by VAG and are amazin and will give petrols a run for their money but its not like having a VW or audi engine under the hood is it? lol, come on people convert me? Got any pics of them in a mk1?

Back to the top

I take that back, now that looks sweet!

Back to the top
take the badge off and stick a VW roundel on it a problems solved :lol: as you said its all part of the VAG family :wink:

Back to the top

Slam dunkin pimped out mutha!

Please please please don't turn this nice looking car into a slam dunkin pimped out mutha! You will turn it from being a classic car into a joke! Let me elaborate a little! Go onto ebay, try to find a completely standard Renault 5 gt turbo….. You will not find one….However in your search you will see the abomonations created by fools trying to create "The ultimate show car!" Dear oh dear oh dear!
What you have there is a nice example of a classic car! It doesn't need pimping out, it needs nurturing and keeping as close to how it was first intended! Trust me you will get more of the right attention and heaps more praise! Before you do anything more, go to a show or two, maybe even wait until Gaydon and see how good standard cars look!  :)

Back to the top
Oh I know what you mean I dont intend to make this car look like its from the bottom of Frosties packet with shity lexus lights, body kits and all that bull. I aim to keep the car looking pretty much like it is but i will add a few simple little touches like debaged grill, de-locked handles and chrome mirrows, strips and other bits. Its the engine which is going into the 21st century!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.