Skip navigation

Powerflow VS Standard

Do I keep Powerflow 3" Backbox, or get standard Box back?

Back to basics baby {-} [4 votes]
Keep current one {-} [10 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

Powerflow VS Standard

My vote is standard!
Not one to Dis people or manufacturers as I know powerflow are like subcontracters and their systems are only as good as the person who makes them. But. My friend had a powerflow system made for his VR6 and they fitted the wrong sized internal bore sylencers which caused the exhaust gasses to back up into the engine causing the knock sensor to trigger which in turn caused the ecu to retard the timming, thus making the car seem like it had the performance of a 1.0 Lupo. Not Good.
I took ages to diagnose and even longer to persuade Powerflow there was a problem. Not Good.
I also removed a branded performance system from a Mk2 8v GTi and replaced it with a full genuine Volkswagen system and I believe the standard sytem improved performance and drivability.
Rant over with! Hope it helped!

Mk1 Golf GTI 83 Y reg in Lhasa green
Rear disc conversion
Lowered 20mm
14" Campaign Pirrelli P Slots

Back to the top
I agree powerflow are woooooop , have one on my corrado for three years and it is ROTTEN !!! Apparently i didnt take it in for inspection regurly enough so they wont replace anything . Its so rotten its all changed shape and bangs around  :evil: dont get me wrong love the style so ive put a jetex aluminized system on me mk1 and its a great system with lots of adjustment to clear the rear beam etc , it cost ?200 all in with next day delivery from venom motorsport .  :D

Back to the top
i love jetex, would always go for them over standard, never seen a good powerflow system, don't mond standard, but jetex are ace!! nice burble on tickover quite on the motorway.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

what about

What about a 2" from manifold to the standard backbox, performance and looks

Back to the top
Burble on tick over is great on mine , i have silly big cams do it sounds like a rally car !!! I agree Jetex are best  :D

Back to the top
supersprint do a standard bore but boxless centre section which you can order from you local halfwits store for about ?32 inc vat and in theory you can mate this to a standard backbox so you will get the benefit of standard looks, reasonable sound, and good value

Back to the top
just to let you all know if your thinking of getting powerflow, the place that fits them in plymouth is supposed to be shutting down now, due to the amount of complaints and hassle about everything.
The way they were fitted & the lifetime guarantee etc.
i just feel sorry for the people that bought it for the life-time guarantee and now they are shutting down so now they have nothing if it goes wrong.

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.