Skip navigation

What is your favourite driving track of all time and why?

Back to the top

What is your favourite driving track of all time and why?

Currently in my CD player I have the arctic monkeys album, like most of the tracks on that. Last week I had the green day album bullet in a bible, but I mainly like that because I was at the milton keynes gig it was recorded at, so it brings back good memories  :D  Before that had some sonatra artica in there, and before that I think it was iron maiden. I tend to keep one cd in there for about a week. Never really picked a single track I like best, most rock music will do!

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
tricky one . i think i will go for EZ rollers .walk this land . i hate drum and bass but this song is great 140mph seems like 30 when this is on and it was in snatch or lock stock so even better . or rocket man  :oops:

Back to the top
Can't resist a bit of  Faithless myself  but rating the Artic Monkeys and Hard-fi at the mo :notworthy:

Helious Blue 1990 cabriolet

Back to the top
Hmmm, it is hard to pick just one.  I also like a cross section of stuff so my mood changes daily.

A track I like at the moment is by Alien Ant Farm - Movies

Also love driving with a breakbeat duo playing named Evil9 - Y4K (Album)

All time fav tho would prob be Shed7 - Getting Better

I think it's really hard to pin down because your mood changes with driving conditions i.e. summer, winter,night,day.

Someone mentioned Summer time by Will Smith which always gets turned up on the radio when it's played on a hot day, class tune.

Rich

Lhasa Green Mk1 GTI 1.8

Back to the top
MMM good question…. I like Jamouraquoi "Travelling without moving" for that wonderful starting intro…
Rolling Stones.. "jumping jack flash"..and most of there stuff.. Brainbug"nightmare" is an all time cruiser track and some Massive Attack too… :D

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
Nurburgring  :lol:

DubPartz

Back to the top
:lol:

My current bestest driving track is the variable pitch of my fuel pump !!  8O  Lovely ….sometimes topped off with the blow of the premature escaping exhaust fumes  :twisted:

Back to the top
It varies depending on my mood and driving conditions but I always like listening to Cars & Girls by Prefab Sprout on a warm summers day or Rolling Stones Sympathy For The Devil at night on a deserted road.

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
Foo Fighters - Everlong
System of a down - Chop Suey
Slipknot - Duality.

All make you drive too fast though  :twisted:

Back to the top
'Stereo' in my mk1 is useless so I just listen to the engine.

In my Audi my favourite driving track is probably one of

"Crash - Primitives"
"Crash and Burn - Bangles"

Hmmm, bit of a worrying theme emerging here!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Crash - ironicly and Beach boys Good Vibrations or others by them.

You got the look, Joyride,  

hmmm so many to choose, from my diverse collection from ancient to new stuff.

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
this evenings drive felt like it was ten minutes quicker thanks to josh wink's - high state of consciousness getting me in the mood - awesome track :twisted:

Back to the top
She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult is my favourite driving track ... I can listen to that over and over but any Led Zeppelin track works for me (especially with the roof down) :lol:

Back to the top

Favourite tracks!

Some absolute belters coming out here! Keep em coming!  :D
What about "We come one" by Faithless?
One for the older cab drivers, don't know why but Jane wiedlin "Rush hour"  :D

Back to the top
If we are talking faithless it has to be "Insomnia" or "Salva mea".

A good summer drive tune is Groove Armada "I see you baby" :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Phil - I can't believe you haven't heard of Don Henley - that's just rude!

Anything by the Eagles (of which Don was one) is good for slowing you down and mellowing you out…

But the most speed-inducing track has to be "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac (the one which used to be on the Formula 1 intro). I challenge anyone to put it on and not break the speed limit!!!  :)

Back to the top
:dontknow: still have no idea

:lol:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
I got several:

Born to Roll by Master Ace,
Dj zinc, stepping stones/Drive by
Jimmy Hendrix cross town traffic

Also the fabric Live cds by Herbaliser, scratch perverts, Joe Ransom, Dj Hype, Andy C, and finally the Trojan Dub Collection!

8)

Back to the top
grand master flash and the sugar hill gang , white lines . brilliant  8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.