Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf cabriolet appearances in films

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf cabriolet appearances in films

I was going to say that bout "the business" top movie, and yeah, he drives into the sunset in one, and it looked mint!
what bout the red rag top in "shallow Hall"?

Back to the top
not a cabrio but theres a red mk1 in the "fat les" vindaloo video, he walks across the bonnet!!!!!! i would of smashed him up the lips if it was mine :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
edit…woops, just noticed it's already listed on http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205738/3

'RV' with Robin Williams…saw it last night and it reminded me of a couple of my past camping adventures (won't go into that now)….
…about 15 mins into the film (chapter 5), when the RV goes backwards across the shopping mall car park, there is a Rabbit Cabby…..(Cabbies rule again…), single grille and chrome bumpers….

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
I made a separate thread and realised yours is cabbies in movies, heres some pics of cabbie in the film CRANK.
Couple of windows get shot out apart from that car is nice

Back to the top
Someone's posted up the lower pic i took off the dvd to the site, nice one, who ever you are :wink:

Back to the top
Hey, thanks for posting up those pics, really appreciate it! ;-) Cabbies are in so many films, it's getting crazy! :-)
Peddersgolf, I haven't seen Crank, I just took a pic from the trailer, do you see quite abit of the cabby or just glimpses?!
Thank-you
Julia

Back to the top
He has two cars chasing him whilst his missus his giving him head, and i aint joking!, the car chase scene last for approx 3 minutes in all

Back to the top
Anyone spotted anymore??

Back to the top

famous golfs

remember 1980 itv film forever green my father owned that car for about 5 year he bougt off a insurance company after film finshed john alton or what ever name was he bought it and it got pinched and stripped what a shame but thank good found good home from my dad who rebuilt it only change he made he put a white leather trim in it which was a brown cloth i still have some parts off that car which i have found handy for mine but any way he sold it and two weeks later the kid who bought it  was drunk smashed it up but he told every one he left keys in and got pinched be nice to know if car still about  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
There's quite a few in the BBC adaptation of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (1980) - you have to look closely though.

Rich

Back to the top
Theres a blue rabbit cabriolet in the Die hard 4 movie, gets hit by a truck though  :cry:

Back to the top

The Business

Danny Dyer rides of into the sunset in a Mk Cabby in  'The Business'
Great film…spot on with 80's stuff…all geezers bombing around in porsches decked out in la coste & tacchini…nice

Back to the top
Vantage Point - near the end, as camera pans up and President's heli is about to take off - front shot of a white Cabby with both doors open under the underpass.

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
New film clubbed  :D

Back to the top
Cool….know its on the list(well someone spotted a crushed one),but couldnt help but take a pic and post :wink:  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
number johnny 5 he is leaking battery fluid  :lol:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
There is a brown floppy also when johhny lifts car from manhole, and another mk1 tintop drives by on road as baddie gets away in boat near end

Back to the top
Haven't updated this in years! - but there may still be people that are interested …

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205738/3

Thank-you,

Julia

Back to the top

Ultravox

Cabby (probably a Rabbit) in an 80's video of Ultravox's  'Dancing With Tears In My eyes'. You can see the roof handles when Midge Ure is pedal to the metal around a minute into the video.
http://www.youtube.com…playnext_from=PL&index=49

Back to the top
Good spot!!  8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.