Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf cabriolet appearances in films

Back to the top

Updated...

Mk1 Golf cabriolet appearances in films

Pics of cabbies spotted in films page has been updated!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205738/4

Although not a film I have noticed that there is a very nice red cabby in the latest Green Flag T.V advert, usually on Men and Motors or E4 channel (if anyone is interested?!) :-)

Cheers,
Julia

Back to the top
I know its not a cabby, and that im sad and watch too many films! but did anyone watch the film 'falling down' the other night with michael douglous in it?? only i spotted three small chrome bumper series 1 golfs, or rabbits as they call em. how odd was that??!! its not even an old film. mmm, strange :dontknow:

Greg 8)

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
Ok not a film, but there was a lovely ragtop in an early episode of Supernatural… and someone was murdered in it.  Made a real mess!  I always wonder if these program makers just throw the cars away after they've messed them up.

Back to the top
In Short Circuit 2, the thing with the robot thats alive!!
At the end of the film he's chasing Oscar and his cronies who have stolen the diamonds. He lifts the car up from underneath and they gun the throttle. When he puts it down the car fly's off the side of a mound of sand and crushes a cabby. There are 2 hardtops in the background Laughing.

All true apart from the Hard tops laughing bit.

MK1 GTI 1983 (love of my life)
Mazda MX3 1.8 V6 ( Daily Drive)

Back to the top
Very funny! Hee Hee! :-) From memory I'm sure it isn't a cabby that gets crushed though, but in fact a bronze tin top. There is a glimpse of a cabby I think when Johnny 5 arrives at the factory, and I'm positive that the cabby is smirking at what is yet to come, i.e. the crushing scene!! ;-)
Cheers
Julia

Back to the top

fizzy said

Yeah I remember that BBC film I think its called The Firm  the Cab is a Coco Chanel and it gets ragged all over a football pitch!!!

Thank-you Fizzy…I have done a few quick screen shots and "The Firm" cabby is now on, if anyone is interested! ;-) …

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205738/4

Really sad, (i know!) but it is interesting (!) … checked the number plate on the RAC checks and D907 VSS (think that is the number plate?!) is not on a cabby at the mo, but on a Nova Merit 1.2!!

Anyway, if anyone knows of anymore cabriolets in films - tell me! :-)

Thank-you! :lol:
Julia

Back to the top
The Hot Chick 2002- Rob Schnieder. Nice white cabby, being used in its native environment as the rich daughter's high-school ride.

Back to the top
Spotted a black cabby in 'die hard with a vengence'.  Cuts willis and jackson up when there driving the yugo chasing trucks down freeway :)

Back to the top
There's one in E.T. - at the beginning when they get a pizza delivered, the delivery boy is driving one.

It's a Rabbit though, so it's got chunky bumpers and really tasty indicators on the front wings  :sick:

Back to the top
Hey,
Pics of Rabbit/Golf cabriolets in films has been updated http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205738/4
If anyone knows of anymore films where the cabby is the star tell me! ;-)
ThanQ
Julia

Back to the top
'Matchstick Men' (2003) - Blue Cab outside the house when Roy (Nicholas Cage) goes to see his ex-wife - Chapter 27 at 1 hour 39:10 to 39:15…..

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Thank-you Prowler! ;-) I borrowed the film from a mate and took a pic and have now realised you've taken one, I should have waited! :-) Thank you ever so much though, think that's about 45 films now!! :D Cheers! If you know of anymore… ;-)
Julia

Back to the top
:y:

..think I am getting really sad…..
…..apart from keeping an eye out for other Mk1's on the road, I find I am now watching for Mk1's on the big screen - not really seeing the film itself - and when I spot one I jump up in my chair yelping like a dog……and get verbal abuse from any others watching……….good job it's a private cinema!!!!

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Bright yellow cabby used in Jason Statham's new film Crank :D  

Top film by the way!!

Back to the top
Nice Blue (edit!!) cab (Left Hooker) in The Business (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429715/ ) with Danny Dyer (Kent Paul from GTA for all you PS2 freaks!). He drives off in it at the end. Again it's the run about for posh totty!

Seems it's on that list!!

Back to the top
See a blue one in 'Liar Liar' (1997)

Banner

Back to the top

rzacasperof said

Bright yellow cabby used in Jason Statham's new film Crank :D  

Top film by the way!!

Thank-you, took a pic of it from the trailer - http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/crank/ (if anyone wants to see! :-))

Do you see quite a bit of it?-or just glimpses?! :-)

Cheers,
Julia ;-)

Back to the top
Oh and by the way…

Prowler said

:y:

..think I am getting really sad…..
…..apart from keeping an eye out for other Mk1's on the road, I find I am now watching for Mk1's on the big screen - not really seeing the film itself - and when I spot one I jump up in my chair yelping like a dog……and get verbal abuse from any others watching……….good job it's a private cinema!!!!

That's exactly what I do! :-) … apart from the yelping like a dog bit!! ;-)

Back to the top
I watched 'The Business' on Film4 last night - Danny Dyer drives off in the sunset at the end in a Blue Cabbie & earlier on they try to sell some drugs to two lads in a hard-top Rabbit.

Black Cabbie

Back to the top
I think there is  mark 1 cabbie in the background at one of the church scenes in 4 weddings and a Funeral - quite early on - near a convertible Triumph Vitesse .

Goodness - i am becoming as bad as the rest of you!

M
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.