Skip navigation

Late cabriolet engine bay (Rivage)

Back to the top

Kjet / Digifant!

Late cabriolet engine bay (Rivage)

Which was more reliable?  :)

Back to the top
I dont think there is a more reliable one, Digifant was just the next step on in terms of the injection, DIGI  is more advanced then k-jet and has a lot more control over fueling and timing etc, they are meant to be more economcial but i've never noticed. ( comparing mk2 k-jet to digi ) I've always thought that the k-jet cars felt more responsive and because its mainly mechanical theres no little black boxes to go wrong.

Back to the top

Phew!

Phew! Thanks MrGTI, I was hoping you were going to say that! Imagine the constant jibes from the likes of Dubboy and Kins….My life just wouldn't have been worth it!  :lol:

Back to the top
Very nice Mr Walt  :D

Cheers………..

[Alternator red paint] ?

Back to the top

Alternator red paint!

Ah yes…..The alternator red paint! Comes off as soon as you touch it! After getting some stick last year for a dirty alternator, I wiped it over with TFR and then gently wiped it with a damp cloth to remove the TFR which was left on! Imagine my joy as the red paint just wiped off effortlessly!  :cry:

Back to the top
Might be worth a visit to your local model shop for some tins of paint [Humbrol etc] to try to match the red paint ? It would be cheap to have a go on some scrap first .

I see matey in the restored cab at Harefield last year had restored his alternator using the exact paint match . So it can be done .

Will be nice to see your shiny engine on display this summer Walt  :D

Cheers………

Back to the top

Alternator!

I might try stripping it down and re painting the whole red section yet! Can't leave it like that!  :(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.