Skip navigation

audi quattro 4x4 ?????

Back to the top

audi quattro 4x4 ?????

does anybody know anything about what to look for when buying an audi quattro coupe 4x4 ? there is one for sale local and must admit to being tempted (80's square shape) 8)

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
I think I may still have a magazine at home with a comprehensive review of the Coupe range not just the 4x4. I'll have a look at lunchtime when I go home to see if I still have it. If I do I can scan it for you.

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
cheers pablo,  always liked them but not sure on model spec ect or what they are worth.  don't want to end up buying a driver thinking i'm buying a gti in mk1 terms………

Back to the top
what do you want to know about the coupe quattro? I would say check that the diff locks work the overall condition esp wings gearbox for clonks and stiff clutch. check roun rear screen rubbers. high miles blue smoke..the quattro system should be bomb proof but check for excesive tyre wear ond heavy kerbing. the 2.2 engine is good too

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
lol  :D look what turned up in my inbox! may help you as he describes a few things and price seems good too for a coupe. PLEASE DONT confuse this with my 85 WR ur quattro (turbo) there ia a big difference.. :wink:

QUOTED FROM EMAIL
"Unfortunatly, due to credit card debts, i've got to sell my Audi
Quattro. She is 1985 on a C plate, tornado red, 2.2 Coupe Quattro.

She isn't in perfect condition, but is mechanically sound, i've had
a very exciting 5 months driving experience with her. She still has
one months road tax, and until august 2006 on the MOT, she has only
done around the 97,000 mile mark.

Here are the bad bits.

Drivers seat slightly worn
Both electric windows dont work, motors have had it i think (she's
20yrs old)
built in factory sunroof is functional, however needs new handle as
old one snapped off in my hand.
small rust hole, about the size of a 1p coin, in dirvers side corner
near windscreen, common area for this car.
slight bubbling and rust around drivers side wheel arch.
the plastic/chrome trim that runs along the car is missing from the
passenger side door, replacement one comes with the car, just not
got around to fitting it yet.

Good bits

4 legal tyres, one brand new one, drivers side front.
comes with original Ronal alloys, which are in fair condition for
age, by no means are they mint.
Central Locking
Power Steering
Electric windows when they work
comes with 1 month tax and 7 months MOT
Immobiliser
CD Player
This car is completly original and by that i mean, it hasnt been
modified by any of the boy racers of today, it is an unmolested
example of a true classic.

this car would suit anybody really, as mechanically it is sound. the
2.2 5 cylinder engine is extremely potent, and always starts first
time everytime. The Quattro system helps it stick to the road like
glue even when wet.

Anybody who has taken the time to read this has got to be semi
interested, I have pictures that i can email to people, upon
request. If you wish to view the car please call me, Paul Smith on
07738366656 i'm situated in Manchester, quite easy to get to. I'm
looking for offers in the region of ?300-?400"

Back to the top
Oh no!! hope my girlfriend doesn't spot that.. she'll be begging me for it!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
what's the difference between models ur, wr ect ? this is an E plate 88 it reads quattro coupe 4x4. low mileage . says it's in good condition service history what is it worth ? non turbo. going this afternoon to look

Back to the top
Ur is the short version for "original" in German and is used when talking about the first Audi Quattro Turbos. This was the wide arch road version of the rally car so most likely not the car you're going to look at. Each revision to the quattro turbo has a designation, either WR, MB or RR so again shouldn't apply to the car you're going to see.

I managed to find the 4 page buyers guide on the standard coupe so I will scan it for you tonight or tomorrow. If it's a 4x4 then I think it will be the 2.2 5 cyl engine with 130bhp. Value would depend on condition but around 950 - 1200 if it's above average.

Hope this helps  :D

Ur quattro

Standard coupe

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
The UR pic is an american spec car, below is mine its an 85 WR 2144cc 5cyl KKK26 turbo car with the green digital dash and voice synthesiser as well as abs heated seats etc etc Mb was a 10valve also with slightly more complex electrics and orange digi dash RR is the 20valve version and the sport is the Kevlar and fibre glass 303bhp homogalation special.

Back to the top
the one i'm interested is a standard one going by the pictures, not got the flared arches. says it a quattro is this right ? 90k 2 owners ? 900.

Back to the top
Yes the did a quattro coupe. It gets confusing as the UR is a coupe also try getting a straight answer from the insurance centers!
 As was said its the normally aspirated 5cyl engine. ?900 should buy you a good one. The Urs start at ?2500 generally for a well used one. mine is valued at ?5500

Back to the top
cheers for advice. ur the one i want ooh ooh ooh !    (sorry grease moment ) i was hoping it was the original quattro i thought ?900 was to good to be true . :roll:

Back to the top
lol ?900 for a ur would be so cool... :lol:

Back to the top
I want the short wheel base sport… Saw one a few months ago in town and nearly crashed my car!

But if I gopt one…

I would then have to get….

Ford RS200
Metro 6r4
205 TI16
And all the other group B monsters… I would end up very poor..

TT

Back to the top
I've seen The Chefs Quattro in Tenbury a few times now & I'm always in two minds whether I should sell the Mark1 (on second thoughts-not a bloody chance!) too much blood sweat & tears expended on my 'dub!

Back to the top

quattro

at that price its a straight non turbo version,great solid and bullet proof,watch out for rust under the front windscreen,wheel arches,and where the front engine/gearbox subframe mounts up to chassis also they are notorious for suffering rear accident damage due to rear lights being smoked "sorry mate didnt see your brake lights"older ones also suffer problems with the fuse box"condensation"rear subframe mount bushes prone to perishing,well you did ask for known faults!!also it suffers the same as mk1 golfs it can be a bit of a pain trying to source parts from the main dealer,but to be honest with you ive had several coupes and loved every one of them,you have not lived until you have driven a quattro in the snow with that great grunt from the five cylinder 8O  8O

Back to the top
very true snow is ace but the URs 8x15 leave a big footprint making it drift..(no pun)
plus as a very famous french lady driver said.."you never forget the noise of the quattro"

Back to the top
Pablo16V/The_Chef,
You both seem fonts of knowledge on the Audi coupe so I've got a Q for you… :oops:
My mk1 Golf has mk2 16V power discs with 1986 Audi Coupe 2.2 calipers (not fitted by me but a huge improvement over standard mk1 brakes!). I think the model designation is KV (?). I was wondering if you knew the best type of pads to get? I've seen a few on Eurocarparts (Textar/ATE/Pagid etc) and I'm not sure which ones to go for.

You should drink more water.
1664 is 95% water.
Drink more beer? :)

Back to the top
KV engines were in the 200 coupes and others I beleive as for pads I will check part numbers....

Back to the top
1986 Coupe Quattro -

256m X 20m front Discs - 4 at 108

Asbestos free

Part number 853 698 151A - ETKA Says

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.