Skip navigation

MK1 Golf Show car back on the market .........

Back to the top

MK1 Golf Show car back on the market .........

You'd have thought with the length of time he's spent trying to sell it, he'd have spent "the day" it takes to make it into a ?4500 car????

Back to the top

paul_c said

You'd have thought with the length of time he's spent trying to sell it, he'd have spent "the day" it takes to make it into a ?4500 car????

thats exactly what i was thinking LOL :lmao:

Back to the top
In fairness to a lot of buyers on eBay a lot of sellers do not give accurate descriptions of the car and its condition - I think this is as much to blame for sales falling through.

Of course you should go and see the car before bidding, and you bid to buy. However, even with private sales on ebay the seller has a legal obligation to describe the item accurately.

If you bid and win an item that is described as having only done 115K original miles and you win, turn up to collect and the car has actually done 150K miles with a non documented replacement speedo, then that is fair grounds for calling off the sale, and you would be within your rights legally.

Hopefully though in that situation both buyer and seller would see sense and negotiate a compromise on the price.

On this particular car I think the seller is just being completely unrealistic. It may have had a full bare metal restoration costing thousands….. that doesn't change the fact that its a heavily modded Mk1 in a non original colour. Even concours winning Mk1's struggle to fetch over ?4K unless they are extremely low mileage completely original examples.

At this price range my opinion is originality is everything…..

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.