Skip navigation

MK1 Golf Show car back on the market .........

Back to the top

MK1 Golf Show car back on the market .........

Well do you remember this Golf Show Car

Its back on the market again , thats 4 times in a year with a different seller  :lol:  {same man just different user id ,Why ?}  

Golf show car

Annoying thing is that its not just the MK1 but a hole host of other cars as well  8O Its the poor old joe public that gets duped .

Cheers……..

Back to the top
Seems no one wants it, the ?2000 starting price may be putting people off :lol: . Yet another one claiming that just ?300 spent on it would instantly make it worth ?4500 - sounds so easy makes you wonder why the seller hasn't done that  :dontknow:

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top

markwon said

Seems no one wants it, the ?2000 starting price may be putting people off :lol: . Yet another one claiming that just ?300 spent on it would instantly make it worth ?4500 - sounds so easy makes you wonder why the seller hasn't done that  :dontknow:

I really do hate talk like that. People that think they will make all the money thats ever been spent on a car back upon sale.

:banghead:

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
Oh dear! I see he's removed the pictures in case someone notices it's the same car  :lol:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
THE CAR IS IN SUPURB CONDITION WITH JUST MINOR FAULTS LIKE A SCUFF AND A FEW MINOR BITS OF SURFACE RUST BUT DONT GET ME WRONG THE CAR IS IN AS GOOD CONDITION AS A 4 YEAR OLD CAR

if i bought a 4 year old golf i certainly wouldnt expect ANY rust??? 8O

Back to the top
Hmmmm, Invalid Item. It looks like he's delisted it from eBay!!!

Back to the top

paul_c said

chudd do you have anything to do with taht :roll:

Back to the top
It may have been blocked by eBay as it technically been sold before by the same person!!!

Golf GTI Cabriolet 1990 Helios Blue - gone

Audi A4 1.9TDI - Gone :(

Golf GTTDI MK5 140…..oooh quick….but not a MK1  ;)

Back to the top
Its a common scam and one which is difficult to detect, I think its called 'shrill' bidding:

1. A seller lists their car on eBay with their real ID
2. They go to work (another computer, another network/IP address, etc) and 'bid' on the item to artificially raise its price
3. The sale goes through, either at a higher price than it should have been to another buyer, or the seller (under his false ID) 'wins' it.
4. It gets listed again and again until the buyer is someone other than the seller!

The problem is, that so many sales for cars on eBay fall through, for other reasons (normally because the buyer is unreliable or changes their mind). So eBay are unable to trap the sheer quantity of items which are in fact relisted items.

Back to the top
It would end up costing a mint relisting it again and again, especially with a ?2k end price! I don't know what the ebay final value fee is exactly, but it was something like ?13 for my car that ended at ?200.

So if that's right then he must be paying over ?100 each time it's listed and sold! One born every minute :lol:

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
paul_c wrote:

chudd do you have anything to do with taht

Nope but i will have a butchers when i am back at work next week and find out what happened to it . Perhaps as Paul says Ebay has caught up with them and presented them with a big bill for listings  :?

Cheers……….

Back to the top

Shortstuff said

So if that's right then he must be paying over ?100 each time it's listed and sold! One born every minute :lol:

Not quite :wink: It costs ?15 up to ?2000 then a max of ?30 for prices over ?4000, plus the listing fee of ?6.

If they did it like the normal items when you sold a ?10000 car it would be very expensive ?500 (No would use it 8O ), as it stands it would cost ?36 which competes with auto trader etc :wink:

Back to the top
Ah,my mistake! So if you sell a cheap car on there you really get fleeced!

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
Yep thats right, I felt the same when I sold my Hillman imp shell and it cost ?20 only got ?230 for it and it was mint 8O

Back to the top

Back to the top
He says the engine is 'original' and then states that it's a performance engine?!? I might be being stupid, but did VW ever make a performance engine for the Golf? And now it only needs ?200 of work to make it mint :lol:

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
i think it looks quite cool  8)

of course I wouldnt buy it, but i'd have a looky at it in a car park :mrgreen:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
In fairness, I looked at the Golfs on eBay a couple days back, and it was 'troubled' cars for not a lot, 'apparently show' cars which were at unrealistic prices, and that one, which has no paintwork. bodywork, or mechanical issues and could be used straight away with plenty of life left in it. Yes its modified but its relatively tasteful.

Back to the top
Hmm….
 bet he had to hack the arches to get those 17" on ??
Makes you wonder why he doesnt spend the day on it as suggested? I know i would for an extra ?2000!!

Back to the top
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4612496360&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AVRI&rd=1

3RD relisting now  :dontknow:

Turned down my offer  8O so it's still for sale but only worth 1/4 of the asking price . Make a nice project all the same if it was cheap . I don't like seeing a MK1 go to waste ……….

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.