Karmann :wink:

Back to the top
That brought a tear to my eye.

Karmann :pray:

MK1 GTI 1983 (love of my life)
Mazda MX3 1.8 V6 ( Daily Drive)

Back to the top
Steve

Dear master, please give me the finest 97 ron esso fuel so that I might propel you from a to b to the best of my ability and know that I would still do my best even if you had slam dunked me onto a set of Ronald turbo's. Be gentle with your spanners on my nuts and leave my ride height standard, for I fear I would fail you mid journey as my welds cracked over raised pot holes! Do not break my spirit with a loud in ya face big bore exhaust, even though I would still massage your soft bottom with my comfy cloth seat every time you thrashed me past a busy bus stop! For I am your loyal mk1 golf, I love you with every tappet slap I make, for ever and ever Karmann!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
We like to keep people aware that modifications should be, how shall we say, sympathetic, to the nature of the mk1. We're also here to preserve and cherish the remaining mk1s, but modifications certainly aren't banned!

As prowler quite right says, "If you've got, want or just love mk1 Golfs, this is the place to be."

Welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top

walt said

Your plans to pimp that mutha, I'm afraid do leave me rather dizzy and light headed, rather nausious…..However, welcome to the club!  8O
For you I have written especially the mk1's prayer!…So here goes!

Dear master, please give me the finest 97 ron esso fuel so that I might propel you from a to b to the best of my ability and know that I would still do my best even if you had slam dunked me onto a set of Ronald turbo's. Be gentle with your spanners on my nuts and leave my ride height standard, for I fear I would fail you mid journey as my welds cracked over raised pot holes! Do not break my spirit with a loud in ya face big bore exhaust, even though I would still massage your soft bottom with my comfy cloth seat every time you thrashed me past a busy bus stop! For I am your loyal mk1 golf, I love you with every tappet slap I make, for ever and ever Karmann!  :D

I think that's got to go on the main page somewhere!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Awwwwwww thanks guys! Glad it made you smile!  :D

Back to the top
I can vouch for pimpin polo that he's not one to mod a car badly :D .  All he is doin to his mk1 is some suspension mods and alloys!  there is far more modded examples on this forum, so you guys have nothing to worry about! :mrgreen:  8)

Back to the top
well its been a while since i was last on here, ive not touched the golf for along time just been busy with my beetle and preping the polo ready to sell.

the golf should be getting mot and tax this week as well as having these goodies thrown on :):)

these arrived this morning :)

I have had these for a while but unfortunatly dont have one for the year of my driver, would anyone be interested in any of these/swop for there 83 model year one?

Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
Its been a while but i thought i would stick a recent pic up!

its been through various guise's over the past 6 months being original with subtle mods, to rat look/racer, to now …

love it or hate it, you decide, but i love it to bits just cant wait for it to be completly finished and be at some shows :)

spec now..1.3 golf driver
mk2 polo coupe s engine with mk4 rocker cover and pan filter
custom bodge exhaust
polo gt 5sp box with modded linkage and bent stick!
fk coilovers with modded top mounts
powerflex bushes
front and rear strut braces
mk2 16v rear disks with mk4 calipers
polo g40 front brakes
braided hoses
16v servo and master cylinder
14x7 and 14x8 rh cups
185 50's all round
or
13x9 powertechs with 195 45's
sparco steering wheel
full respray in original LB6V
no rear badges & wiper
no ariel
single chrome surround grill
crystal lights
smoke crystal rears
chrome trimmed bumpers
flag mirrors
chrome side trim

still lots of bits to fit and mod but she's gwtting there :)

Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
looking good, nice smooth mk1.
Those chrome trims on bumpers are they original or replacements and where did you get them fella.
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
stick on chrome trim off ebay on the original bumpers, looks oem :)

btw pedders im the lad that waved that golf+ magazine at you in stockport, will proberly see you about now its back on its wheels :)

Back to the top
I remember, missus thought you were a madman  :lol:
The chrome strips look original when fitted, cheers for that fella, you'll see more of me up your neck of the woods, sorting other things for wedding out up their as its at end of month, so will be whizzing about stockport like a blue a**sed fly lol.
Will be nice to see your golf on the road bud, will speak next time i see you
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Stockport is obviously the place to be right now…. Maybe we should form our own splinter group of the club, dedicated to the preservation of the mk1 golf AND Stockport in general..?

We could form a vigilante group and as the hoodies smash our bus shelters and scratch innocent peoples cars, we could zoom out from a side street and beat the living daylights out of them with our crook locks!

What do you think?  :D

Back to the top
Looks mint Christopher, you forgot to mention your bonnet washer jet deletion :wink:

Back to the top
Dude that is a scchhhweeeet ride!!

Nothing wrong with Driver's I've had 5 of em, nippy motors, most people slate em but I think they are a good little motor!

Keep it as is kid  :wink:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top

dubstar74 said

Dude that is a scchhhweeeet ride!!

Nothing wrong with Driver's I've had 5 of em, nippy motors, most people slate em but I think they are a good little motor!

Keep it as is kid  :wink:

Excuse me Mr Belvedere Kent….. Keep your southern, none Stockport views out of this!  :x

Back to the top
people change the bits on a mk1 as they know it will improve the car, as did vw (money grabbing b^&%$^?s that they are (lot different from when they made the mk1)). if your shoes are crap you get another pair. it must be the shape, character and handling why we keep coming back. nice looking motor that mate, scrap the engine:)
walt may know the jive, stockport 'lingo' but sadly i dont as im a yorkshireman :D good luck with the motor mate if you wanna come down and have a 'neb' about cars you are more than welcome :)

Back to the top
That's me told!  8O
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.