Skip navigation

Hey guys...

Back to the top

Hey guys...

Ive been on here a few times before but now i have aquired a mk1 driver i thought i should introduce myself

I currently own a 92 mk3 polo 1.0l cl with a 1.3gt engine in it this is being replace by the mk1 if anyones interested :)

The golf is an A-reg 2 door driver with 80,000 on the clock and i think the colour Lhasa green? its had one owner from new and the engine has been replaced with a later 1.3 with electronic ignition :)

plans are to get it running (it hasnt been touch for 5 years!) tidy it up, theres some rust on the valences and a dent in the rear quater, stick the rh cups on (14x7 and 14x8) the polo's running on winter wheels anyway, and drop it to the floor on coilovers :) I also have corrado seats in the polo which i might get retrimed and put in the golf but i think it might ruin the look  :?

the engine will stay as it is for now other than a clean and swop over the alloy rocker cover and engine cover but i plan on fitting a small block 1.6 out of a mk4 polo and running it on either gt polo injection or perhaps carbs or bodies :) this way the car can still look original (sort of!)

should look something like this…

let me know what you think?? any input or inspiration gladly welcomed :)

Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
after reading the forum rules i realise that this sort of modification is not approved of here!

are there any other registers/clubs for the mk1 golf other than club gti?

Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
loadsa of member's here have modified Mk1's.. just purist's like 'em standard  :wink:

IMO as long as the body is standard and anything done can be put back without too much hassle it's ok

If you got rid of the roof rack that Mk1 would look good… get some pics up of the mk1

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Yeah, don't be put of Chris. We are orientated towards standard cars but welcome all and have some of the best modded cars in the country in the club.

Check out 'dubboys' MK1's for starters, Daisys' cab…… :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
soulds nice dude

IMHO all dubs should be slammed, so dont worry!!

Back to the top
…as long as it's a Mk1 you are most welcome here…

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
good good thats what i like to hear!

I know what some people are like about originality in the aircooled scene so i thought perhaps i had offend some of you!!

dont worry it wont be radically changed just small mods that can be reverted, and keeping the line of the car clean :)

Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
Aiight son! Thats a rather nice driver but I reckon you should swop with your mates white one :wink:

Back to the top
here she is…

FSH

swopped the battery and she went first time, trusty old vee dubs :)

I cant wait to get it on the road, i love it :)

Back to the top
:y: Looks clean and straight!

Liking the colour too

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
little bit of an update…

got bored and she looked like she needed some loving, so i fitted the wheels….

had to put spacers on the front as the brake caliper was catching :(

in desparate need of coilovers now!!

just bought rear strut brace, powerflex bushes, 256mm drilled and vented front discs and 239 solid rears :)

should handle and stop nice soon :)
Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
cool just needs to come down abit now :wink:

Back to the top
Gona look phat mate

Arun (with the matching strut brace) :mrgreen:

Back to the top
At least speed bumps wont be a problem for the time being .

Lovely car  8)

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top

pimpin_polo said

just bought rear strut brace, powerflex bushes, 256mm drilled and vented front discs and 239 solid rears :)

Looks great and I love the colour :y: like you say coilovers are required very soon though!  :)

How much were the powerflex bushes (if you don't mind me asking)? And whereabouts did you get them from?

Also, which coilovers are you thinking of getting? I need a set soon-ish for my GTi

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top
Not into modding mk1's myself but IMO it does need to be lowered.

Or go for a vr6 lump and big ice install that would do the trick :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
Your plans to pimp that mutha, I'm afraid do leave me rather dizzy and light headed, rather nausious…..However, welcome to the club!  8O
For you I have written especially the mk1's prayer!…So here goes!

Dear master, please give me the finest 97 ron esso fuel so that I might propel you from a to b to the best of my ability and know that I would still do my best even if you had slam dunked me onto a set of Ronald turbo's. Be gentle with your spanners on my nuts and leave my ride height standard, for I fear I would fail you mid journey as my welds cracked over raised pot holes! Do not break my spirit with a loud in ya face big bore exhaust, even though I would still massage your soft bottom with my comfy cloth seat every time you thrashed me past a busy bus stop! For I am your loyal mk1 golf, I love you with every tappet slap I make, for ever and ever Karmann!  :D

Back to the top
:clap:

Banner

Back to the top
:lmao:  Bravo walt!  :clap: :clap:

Welcome to the club pimpin_polo (not to sure about the name  :? )

Personally I'd leave it standard, I think the driver models have got something about them that even the GTi models don't have. I just don't know what it is though!! She looks in great condition, and nice to see plenty of history with her.

Have fun!!

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
I like the car mate.

The subtle modding of your car will do wonders for the handling and looks IMO, as long as you dont drop it too far and get a good set of coilovers like H&R!!!

The main thing is too enjoy owning the car.

8)

Lhasa Green Mk1 GTI 1.8
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.