Skip navigation

My mk1 1.1 c

Back to the top

My mk1 1.1 c

Well i thought i'd pop some photos of my mk1 up, for all to see.

this is what she looked like when i bought her

how sad is she  :(

After a bit of a polish looking better

The engine looking a bit sad, but clean!

Gotta love the interior!!

New wing!

just a bit of rust!!

The old wings!

thats it for now, i'll update as soon as i get progress!

Back to the top
8) Cool… whats your plans?

you going to replace to front panel or try patching that one?

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Looking good Axl.

I am chopping shells up all the time and could help with some repair pieces for that front panel - or alternatively I have whole front panels.

Best of luck with it  :D

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
That should scrub up nicely  :)  I can't believe how clean the engine bay is too!

By the way, did you get that from Norwich? I asked someone on here about a car of theirs which looked very similar…

Good luck with the resto anyway

Rich

Back to the top
crazyquiff - im looking for a drivers side inner arch! on the front section, have you got any thing ?

the car will be repainted, and i've got a full GTI kit for it, i'll probably sell it on then, and get another one, i prefer working on them than driving them!!!

I really want a non sunroof, 1.6 GTI!

Back to the top

TO MANY

HI THERE. LOOKS LIKE YOUR HAVEING FUN ON YOUR MK1 .IF YOU NEED ANY PARTS I CAN HELP YOU OUT .OR LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT GIVE US A CALL

Back to the top

AxlFoley said

I really want a non sunroof, 1.6 GTI!

Good call  :wink:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Saves getting out the screwdriver to adjust your headlights.  8)  idea!

Looking good, just take off that sealer to make sure there are no more nasties.

Banner

Back to the top
I'm not going to take off teh sealer, its been there 20 years its not going any where!, ive given it a good smack with a rubber malet its all sound.

Back to the top

AxlFoley said

crazyquiff - im looking for a drivers side inner arch! on the front section, have you got any thing ?

Is that a rear inner arch or front inner arch?  Either way i should be able to sort you out with a used section.

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Its the front section of the front inner arch, see photo, its rusty like that al the way down :(

Back to the top
Made some progress on the weekend, both a pilars are welded up now, i also sorted some rust on the door, and filled a few small dents, i bought some of this stuff from Frost

apparently they use it on north sea oil rigs!!so cant be all that bad

Product Description  
This is the rust convertor used by the oil and marine industries, the MoD and NATO. It is used to stop corrosion in environments far more severe than your car will ever see . . . and it WORKS. Drying to a tough gloss black finish it can then be top coated with most paints. Environmentally and ecologically safe. Acid and lead free. Non-flammable. MUST be applied to rusted ferrous metals. Kills old rust and stops new forming.

im still looking for a front repair section for my wing, its ?99 from VAG, but dont really want to spend that much, so if any one is scrapping a mk1 let me know.

I also need the rear section of the spare wheel well, so if any one has got on lying about, also let me know.

I'll try and get some photos soon

Mark

Back to the top

AxlFoley said

im still looking for a front repair section for my wing, its ?99 from VAG, but dont really want to spend that much, so if any one is scrapping a mk1 let me know.

I also need the rear section of the spare wheel well, so if any one has got on lying about, also let me know.

Mark

Try matty1 for the front section of the wing - I just took a chunk out of the rear of his donor Mk1, and parts of the front wing looked sound. The rear of his spare wheel well is shot though :(

Back to the top

I can  help  you  out   with  these  bits :D

Back to the top
I've got the front inner wing now, and fitted it!!

Im still onthe lookout for the spare wheel well though.

Thanks

Back to the top
Hi Axlfoley, did you replace the entire front inner wing (you do mean inner don't you?) Be interested to see pics of what/who you've done it.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
no i only did the front section of the inner wing, im doing more work tonight so will take some photos, it wasnt as difficult as i expected, and looks good, still more welding to do though :(

Back to the top
Sorry thought you meant the whole panel :lol: . Still be interesting to see pics, got work in that area to do on mine.

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
i'll get some pics when its finished, curently got some welds to grind !!

Back to the top
did some more work on the front inner wing today, its almost done now, but my welder run out of gas!!! so all work is on hold at the mo, looks like im going to have to do work on the house tomorro!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.