Skip navigation

Design a Golf

Back to the top

Design a Golf

mcscrew said

paul_c said

Where did you find the 9-spoke wheels? I spent ages looking for them!  :scratch:

They are listed as "Tarantula" wheels, under the 13" drop down list. It just goes to show how backwards the Americans are about their cars, to call them that, rather than "9 spokes".

Back to the top

paul_c said

They are listed as "Tarantula" wheels, under the 13" drop down list. It just goes to show how backwards the Americans are about their cars, to call them that, rather than "9 spokes".

T'is a fair point, and of course, as every good American knows, all Tarantulas have 9 legs…  :scratch:

Back to the top

mcscrew said

paul_c said

T'is a fair point, and of course, as every good American knows, all Tarantulas have 9 legs…  :scratch:

If you want to draw a stock looking Golf, using the website's little application, you have to spend about 10 minutes removing all the American rubbish from the car to start with……

Back to the top
I made these.
Look pretty hot IMHO.

I have no idea how to add a photo to a post.  :oops:  :banghead:

Back to the top
Wierd - I tried the obvious (image tags) and it didn't work

Maybe the hyperlink needs a www. style address?

(don't click on the link btw!!!)

Back to the top
I have no idea how to add a photo to a post.

(edit) Just had another fiddle and they now appear - looks like you didn't have the correct url in the image tags.

What wheels shall I get for the summer? Think the ATS Classics look the best, although the widened steels aren't bad - anyone ever seen them in the flesh?

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top

paul_c said

Shortstuff said

Damn why are my pics so small?!!!

Because you're from the SW?

Ha ha well in Paul! :wink:  :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
these extra wide steels were a hot rod trend, they are made by using a wider rim and welded to the exsiting centre section - this can some times create problems with balancing etc not to mention the dangers in mucking about with wheels.  I think this is illegal to do now

Back to the top
these extra wide steels were a hot rod trend, they are made by using a wider rim and welded to the exsiting centre section - this can some times create problems with balancing etc not to mention the dangers in mucking about with wheels. I think this is illegal to do now

8O very seventies DIY then, sound like potential kamikazee-ditchfinders - look good though.

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
I agree they do look cool, a mate of mine whos into custom cars had a ford pop with 'banded' rims and almost a quarter of the inside of the rim of one of the wheels was made up with balancing weights 8O

Back to the top
i'm loving the wide steelies and black metal bumpers  8)

I know weller do steelies…not sure if they do they 'that' wide though.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

mine in 6months

mine in 6months i hope….

copyrighted

copyrighted

Back to the top
Complete with big fat side repeaters ? :oops:

DubPartz

Back to the top

This is what mine will hopefully look like when it's finished, got a few months to go though.  My Minilites weren't on there so I couldn't put them on and mine will have a single lamp VAG grille without any trim!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.