Skip navigation

Fatherland trips

What kind of trip would you be interested in this year (see details below)?

Nuerburgring track only {-} [9 votes]
Nuerburgring track and Wolfsburg Mk1 Meet (July) {-} [1 vote]
Nuerburgring track and Techo Classica, Essen Show (April) {-} [0 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

Fatherland trips

My mate (sportsline Mk1) and I are well up for going to wolfsburg, just a little worried about going to the ring as well.

'83 Helios Campaign Gti

Back to the top
any dates for wolfsburg mk1 trip ? my bosses want me to book my holidays for the year ahead.  not up for nurenburg though. might be pushing it a bit to much. like asking your gran to run a marathon and then do an assult course, bound to wrinkle her stockings….

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Just to let you know,i have been to asda and purchased 60 litres of the finest (and cheapest) cooking oil to go in my tank for the journey to germany,i will be honest and say to the bloke behind me that you will be craving for chips after about 50 miles  :wink:
Get the dates sorted (mrs give me permission too  8O )
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Hi to anyone reading this-i go to germany a couple of times a year.I have friends in Braunschweig,Germany which is 30 mins away from Wolfsburg.Each time i go to see them i visit the factory and Autostadt(car city)just to see any changes and admire the red brand new mk1 GTI and Audi Spot Quattro on show.I have also visited the Ring a couple of times so am fairly familiar with this.I am also quite into vw`s too,having owned well over 20,now have a mk2 gti g60 Edition One(imported by myself from Germany)a mk1 golf gi 1800 (1982)LHD also imported from Germany,a mk2 golf GTI 8v  run around with 168,000 mls on original engine which has also been to Germany.I also have a 1990 t3 caravelle Carat which is converted to a semi type of camper.I am planning a trip to see my mates in march slthough a definate date is yet not set,as some of you know the ring is closed in winter and opens again in march!this is pretty much what i want to plan-a week in Germany on the drink with  some mates obviously 30 mins from w/burg and the chance of the Nurburgring,if anyone wants to go please be in touch as to meet up would be good as i could possibly see u right for some free accomodation and a mental week away.My German mates are totally cool and have a vw side too.They speak totally perfect english and are also my age (24/25) so can easily translate-comes in handy,obsolete parts in the UK are not necessarily obsolete in Germany so i pick up my `hard to find` bits on holiday.Anyway-anyone wants to know more be in touch

Back to the top
Im keen to do this…. but it`s a loooong way to go in a mk1, then thrash the taters off round the `ring  :|

Issues like insurance, european break down, track insurance (deffo needed as it costs a packet if you bin it at the ring!) - plus how much do you reckon the trip would cost all in including fuel??

Probably chicken out and just end up going Gaydon knowing me  :roll:

Stay out of the black…
 And into the red….
 You get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed!

Back to the top
your right it is a long,i went from the Isle of Man and back in 10 days-that was 3100miles in a clapped out mk2 GTI with nearly 170k on the original engine.Didnt miss a beat once and she was good for a ton for nearly all the autoahn driving-so im not worried about reliability-suppose thats why i got a golf.Insurance is up to yourself as most companies dont like this sort of thing.Couldnt estimate a cost although u will probably do 4 or 5 tanks of fuel.

Back to the top
Just bringing this up again is anyone still interested in going to wolfsburg for the 30th anni

Back to the top
i'd like to go. need dates so i can start planning / saving . holidays nearly all booked up at work already so need to know dates asap . way my luck is going i might just wait at docs and  hitch a lift on a   transporter returning to factory  :)

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Bump to the top for those still interested in the Mk1 Wolfsburg meet 14th - 16th July.

I plan on driving over on the Thursday to visit the factory and Autostadt on Friday (closed weekends). VW Museum, Mk1 meet and Wolfsburg convoy over the weekend before heading home.  8)  Camping available BTW.

Anyone else?

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.