Skip navigation

Fatherland trips

What kind of trip would you be interested in this year (see details below)?

Nuerburgring track only {-} [9 votes]
Nuerburgring track and Wolfsburg Mk1 Meet (July) {-} [1 vote]
Nuerburgring track and Techo Classica, Essen Show (April) {-} [0 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

Fatherland trips

Guys, thanks for the replies! Time for some more details and please register your DEFINITE interest now by voting for one of the proposed trips this year. I suggest only one organised trip this year as a starter to see how it goes, but then who knows! The poll is open for 30 days, so get voting and we can firm up the details, prices and accommodation!

Nuerburgring track

Prices

Single tickets Nordschleife 2006
Fee per car / motorcycle and round 16.00 ? (only available on site!)
Lap fees 2006
25-lap ticket car / motorcycle 305.00 ?
15-lap ticket car / motorcycle 195.00 ?
8-lap ticket car / motorcycle 108.00 ?
4-lap ticket car / motorcycle 56.00 ?

More details click Ring

Accommodation via Hotels and/or Camping
Duration 3-4 days (2 days travelling)
Please ensure adequate European breakdown cover and Insurance (including track use if taking your car around the Ring)

Nuerburgring track + Wolfsburg Mk1 Meet

See above +

The annual meet at Wolfsburg is 14-16th July with the German Mk1 club. This meet is pure Mk1 heaven with

- Mk1 only owners display (including show and shine on Saturday)
- Autojumble
- Camping with evening games
- On site food and drinks
- Mk1 cruise around Wolfsburg (Sunday)  8)
- Museum (3-6?), Autostadt (14?) and Factory (TBD?) trip

Duration approx 7 days total (3 days travelling)
Please ensure adequate European breakdown cover and Insurance (including track use if taking your car around the Ring)

Nuerburgring track + Techno Classica, Essen

See above +

The Techno Classica at Essen from 6-9th April is an excellent, indeed the largest, show of classic cars (pre- and post-vintage) in Europe. Its like the show we did at the NEC, except bigger (13 Halls!). Next year VW are celebrating 30th birthday of the GTi at Essen too (my GTi's 30th too, nearly as old as me!). There will be a hall hired by VW with many VW Clubs attending, including the Mk1 Club of Germany. It may even be possible to have a Club stand. Naturally there will be Autojumbles and Cars For Sale (!)

For more details Click Techno Classica

Accommodation via Hotels or Camping
Duration approx 6 days total (3 days travelling)

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
Both sound good to me Rajan!! Would be nice to get a club stand :wink:

Lets gauge what response we get but esp. as 30th B-day it would be rude not to go!

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I'll drive your red one and Dave your blue 1.1  :lol:

1983 MK1 Golf GTI (Campaign?)

1983 MK1 Golf GTI (Gone to VW Heaven)

1990 MK2 Golf GTI G60 Edition One

Back to the top
:y:  im in

Back to the top
I would love to go to wolfsburg,i can fill my mk1 diesels boot full of cooking oil and get there cheap  :wink:
Get it sorted
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
wolfsburg trip sounds great, will let you know for definate after new year.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Yay go Rajan!

You know im in…….. I'm the instigator :y:  

This is going to be awesome!

Well I'm up for combining Wolfsburg and the Ring in the same trip. How far are they apart?

I've never been to Germany and always wanted to go.
If we organise it well enough we could do a proper tour of the fatherland.

Must be tonnes of stuff to do!

I would like to go to look round the Porsche meuseum/factory if they have one… I'm guessing Stuttgart. Is that on the way? ( ooops?. I?ve lets it slip I love Porsche?s )

Any other ideas peeps? :dontknow:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

maybe

maybe, been looking at the shows in pvw and they look pretty good, also are the autobahns en route  :D  ill be in if i manage to get the mk1 ready by then with its new engine!! but guna run it b4 i go anyway that distance!!

Back to the top
I'm up for a trip to wolfsburg, I would like to go to the ring but not in my mk1 - if I still had my impreza I would but I think it would do more harm than good to my poor ol' mk1 :?

You can deffo put my name down for a 30th anv meet at wolfsburg - may even have both mk1s ready???? :wink:

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

I'm up for a trip to wolfsburg, I would like to go to the ring but not in my mk1 - if I still had my impreza I would but I think it would do more harm than good to my poor ol' mk1 :?

You can deffo put my name down for a 30th anv meet at wolfsburg - may even have both mk1s ready???? :wink:

Do more harm than good…… nah it will let her stretch her legs! ha ha :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Yea i be up for a trip to the ring,if i get my mk1 back on the road by then

hopefully  going in for bodywork and spray at end of jan,that will give me a few months to put it back together

Also got to finish building up my 9a block

Rajan  how far is wolfsburg from the   ring?

Mark

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
Its quite far from Wolfsburg to the Ring, around 300 miles or 5 hours drive.

I am working on getting some more details, then I will put up a poll of some options to find out everyone's preferences!

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
I think it really should be two seperate trips otherwise to take things in and do a nice tour not just a flying visit to places  - it will take two weeks or at least 10 days and I dont know about anyone else but with so many other shows to book holiday for it will really stretch my holiday budget

Back to the top
hi guys, im new ive been to alot of the famous shows abroad, and would love to join you if you don't mind. regards Gurv

Back to the top
Hi Gurv take it my link worked.  :lol:

Nice to have you on board mate :wink:

Back to the top
Do you have any links for the Wolfsburg Mk1 meeting? Would be very interested in attaending that one! Thanks in advance.

It's where the steering wheel should be…..

1978 1.6GTi LHD

1979 1.1N LHD

1981 1.5CL LHD

1981 1.6GTi LHD

1982 1.6GLi Cabrio

none of which are on the road !!!!

Back to the top
Please see the first post again to vote!!!!!!!!!!

Banner

Back to the top
I would love to go to both - I think I will fly to Essen though as my Mk1 definitely won't be ready in April.

However, if all goes well it should be ready for July, and I will drive to the Ring. That's my cunning plan anyway  :lol:

Back to the top
There must be more peeps out there willing to drive to ze fatherland. Come on this the birthplace of the mk1 wolfsburg will be ace 8)
Would rather do wolfsburg on its own but the temptation of the ring is too great :twisted:

Back to the top
Maybe if we posted some pics of the mk1 meet at wolfsburg it would spark some interest. Man it looks so cool! Can any one find the thread with the pictures? :dontknow:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.