Skip navigation

Its not Vag, its my PUG daily driver.

Back to the top

Its not Vag, its my PUG daily driver.

OK, time to perhaps step in with my moderators hat on? I would just like to say this;

1. The chat section of this site is simply that - anything goes subject wise (doesn't have to be MK1 related) as long as it suits the tone of the site and the family based orientation we uphold. (i.e. no explicit language/content.)
2. People can express their opinions freely as this is open forum, not a dictatorship. However, I think it is fair to ask that these are experessed as opinion, politely and without any malice.
3. Any posts that don't follow the above have been and will always be moderated/deleted at the discretion of the moderators with a PM going to all parties involved.

If everyone follows this guideline I can't see any harm can be done. :dontknow:

Regards
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Well said Hairy  :clap:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
I wasnt having a go, feel bad now lol  :lol:

Just giving my personal opinion.

Anyway, this 1.3 sounds good, are there any threads with it on, as i have a 1.3. (not kissing ass here!), and am intrested in what you have done. :D

Back to the top
as you said this is a family site, so i wont be nasty, but i think your a sad man if you sit behind a computer slaging off things you hate,

you dont upset me just make me laugh the way you go about it, and too lose your advice from this site  really dont bother me as i would not take it, if your last few posts are anything to go by,

matter close

Darren

Back to the top
Erm, anyone else constrew the comment "but i think your a sad man" as a personal attack rather than an opinion about someone elses car?  I'm sure that if it was phrased "youre" as opposed to "your" I might be moved to complain - lol

I wasnt having a go, feel bad now lol  

Just giving my personal opinion.

Anyway, this 1.3 sounds good, are there any threads with it on, as i have a 1.3. (not kissing ass here!), and am intrested in what you have done.

The engine I've got in at the moment is a late model 3f lump.  This is from the Polo GT from about '92 onwards.  These are identifyable by a different timing belt than the earlier 3f engines and have even better timing gear on them.

They also run a high capacity oil pump, high compression head, high lift camshaft and hydraulic rocker gear as standard.  If you are going to build a high powered 1300, this is the place to start.

I'm about to build another one for my Mk1 Polo and I'll be taking detailed photographs and putting together loads of information on what I'm doing and why.

The one in my Mk1 Golf Driver is running Twin DCOE Weber 40 carburettors and breakerless ignition on a fully custom stainless exhaust with the 1100 4-speed 'box as this has a shorter diff ratio so is a real screamer.

I've not decided which way to jump with the Polo one I'll be building.  If I can get a complete GT fuel system I may run that on Megasquirt or I may plumb for carbs again (the noise is unbeatable).

Cams are available from Piper and Neuman and 4-1 branch systems are available from Ashley.  It is possible with an overbore to use Ford pistons and run 1400cc cylinder capacity.

Like I say - during the build up of the next one I'll be giving oodles of detail :D

Best place for you to start looking for modified small block motors is www.86c.de - 'tis in German but you can use Alta Vista to translate it for you.

Back to the top
hold up, saying your sad for slaging it off, is no more of an attack then saying your car is rubbish,

i have more respect for people than to slate them, you seem to have a real hate for the car :dontknow:  cant see why,

I wont bang on here about it, if i see you at the shows next year then we can talk about it then and express our views in person, that way we wont drag others into this arguement,

i still feel you have some serious issues,

but as you keep saying that is your view :roll:

Darren :mrgreen:

Back to the top
If I see you at a show next year I'll do what I did with Gem (Mr. V.) - you should have seen the sparks fly when he started posting - 'twas hilarious.

You wanna know what I did?  Went for a dirnk with him and talked about Mk1 Golfs.

I'm quite hurt that you feel that I have some "serious issues" - you've never even met me, you don't know me from Adam, yet you've judged me because I hate Diesel propelled cars, I hate estate cars and I hate French cars all based on personal experiance of them?!?

Hey - don't worry about it - someone has to drive them - lol

Hope we do catch up sometime.

Back to the top
going for a drink to talk about golfs is ok,

but be fair mate yes i dont know you but from your posts i dont really want to know a fello mk1 fan, if he really slates someone for what they own,

i thought this was a good site with open minded people, but i maybe wrong,

to make remarks like " i bought it under pressure" give me a break mate, so i bought and built 2 mk1s under pressure, and i have ordered a vw micro bus under pressure, I DONT THINK SO.

I posted it cause i have made lots of friends on this site and felt i wanted to share some pictures of my new car with them, i dont make them like it, nor do i mind if they dont,

just didnt post it for your cutting remarks,

So well done mate i hope your happy in yourslf and your vws,  :roll:

Darren :D

Back to the top
nor do i mind if they dont

You blatently do!!

I had a pug diesel literally fall to pieces coming off a slip road off the M6.  Nursed it home - bunged it on the drive - next day woulnd;t even start - ended up getting scrapped the very next day.  That's a P-reg car - so no, I don't like them.  I especially didn't like that the thing came close to stranding me 100 miles from home and nearly killed me mid-corner.

I also had a Pug Partner Diesel van which was in the workshops more time than it was on the road.

Thats just personal experience though - if you are happy with it then surely it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Back to the top
well if you had put it like that from the start i wouldnt of minded as that is a very fair comment,

but you were a little rude for my liking,

i feel we should leave it as that, or finish our views in person.

Darren

Back to the top
little rude

I'm guessing you don't know too many Geordies then?  One of my mates summed it up perfectly when he said "Northern humour - it's like a punch in the head"

You will find that all of my mates absolutely RIPPP it out of each other - just how it is.  I'm always surprised when I'm "doon sooth" and make a perfectly reasonable comment and everyone falls silent, puts down their drinks are glares at me.

Come to Newcastle - 'tis a hoot - just bring a thick skin!

Back to the top
me dads from there so i know the crack :posh:  :wink:

i will come up and take you out in the PUG  :lol:

Back to the top
MiNT!!

That's acutally what happened with Gem and we ended up going doon the toon in a *ahem* Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Merit - well, it was free and I did explode it just north of Glasgow (better than it deserved) and it was replaced by the preious owner (my ex-step Dad) by a VW Polo.  I've not seen him since - apparently he wasn't very happy about it but hey - it fell appart around my ears.  Snapped the clutch cable before that and the tail box fell of the exhaust before that.

I think it's only Italian and German cars that are strong enough to resist the abuse I give them - lol

Back to the top
Have we made up now chaps? Sounds like it!

Can we put this thread to bed now?? :dontknow:  (I'll lock it if you don't! :lol: )

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Wey Aye Man - lock it if you wanna - might be wise.  The one with Gem reached a stagering FIFTY FOUR pages - only 8 of them were "fighting" mind you - lol

Back to the top
Ah the peugeot 2.0 hdi,The AA call it the most unreliable diesel injection system ever used (my mate works in AA control room high up) and i have run across problems with it myself,the electric fuel pumps in the tank are prone to failing i have changed countless pumps also on the citroen versions.
The high pressure 3 piston rotary pump driven by the timing belt,also a common problem,they fail quite often too,also the pressure sensors which feed info to the ecu fail and the crank sensors also give incorrect info and they cause the engine to cut out,but are a cheap fix.
The older peugeot diesel and turbo diesel were absolutley superb,rare that they threw a shoe,rover even used them in the 218 and 418 diesels.
The ldv (sherpa) vans even use them,must be good,they lost it big time with the HDI,thank god for the mk1 golf  :wink: (thats my professional opinion as a mechanic and MOT tester)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Now bert dont make me start to have a word with you too,

its not the 20 HDI, its the brand new HDI 136bhp its just come out,

lock it before i take my anger out on the lot of you at next years show, believe me :evil:  :wink:  :lol:

Darren :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Can we leave it at that chaps as there isn't much value to the Club or anyone else to carry on.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.