Skip navigation

Group buy on twin carb manifolds for small blocks ?

Back to the top

Group buy on twin carb manifolds for small blocks ?

VW themselves did a sand cast one for the Polo GT which fits - I know 'coz I've got one.

If people asked very nicely I could be pursuaded to knock up a limited run of them myself…

Back to the top

hmmm

sounds like a plan steve, asak the others? but depends on cost?

Back to the top
same here - would be interested at the right price. :o

Back to the top
Shouldn't be much.  They'd be in mild steel and either painted or chromed.  Who's interested?  Email me plz…

Back to the top
Had a couple of messages from other folks on this too so I reckon I'm going to do a small batch.  They'll be cut from mild steel, seam welded together then finished in durable paint.  If you want I could get them chromed or provide them unpainted if you wanted to chrome them yourselves.

I'll see if there are any other websites where people might want them - more I do, cheaper they should become.

I'm guessing postage won't be cheap but I'm in the North of Engalnd and regularly in the midlands too…

Back to the top
Steve , you're a star ! Count me in, depending on cost !!  :)

thanks.

Mines an HKcode mk2 engine, are they the same amount of studs ?

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
They will fit 895cc, 1049cc, 1272cc and even the Mk3 Golf 1.4 engines - all the same stud pattern.  There is a slight difference in head deisgn between the water heated and exhaust heated inlet manifold cars but don't worry about it - I'll give you all the info you need on that.

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

They will fit 895cc, 1049cc, 1272cc and even the Mk3 Golf 1.4 engines - all the same stud pattern.  There is a slight difference in head deisgn between the water heated and exhaust heated inlet manifold cars but don't worry about it - I'll give you all the info you need on that.

Excellent, for the record, i've got the water cooled manifold.  ;)

Back to the top
Watercooled is preferable but not essential.  Does let the engine breather that little bit better though.

If yours is exhaust heated - it isn't the end of the world - my first motor was and there are ways round it without having to resort to swapping heads.

Back to the top
This is sounding good, makes me wanna keep the 1.3, instead of a gti swap, the mind wanders again :D , nice set of carbs, megaspark/ sqiurt etc, hmmm…..

Small blocks rule, i rebulit my carb recently, and rebuilt the head, after it went (winter last year), and last night set up the idle and the mixture (runnin a bit rich) :roll: , took it for a test drive so much better, much quicker, wind up the revs, and it really goes, really impressed with it :D

Ill have to think about this, though it's sounding good :wink:

Back to the top
Steve, do you mean making something like this:

Engine flange and 4 seperate runners? (for me, no DCOE flanges)

Does anyone know if I can use the injectors in my GSXR throttle bodies for something like megasquirt?

Back to the top
Steve, do you mean making something like this:

Engine flange and 4 seperate runners? (for me, no DCOE flanges)

Does anyone know if I can use the injectors in my GSXR throttle bodies for something like megasquirt?

same for me, got carbs.
yes you can use the gsxr injectors, make sure you have the mini loom to make wiring easier.
if you can get hold of a copy of practical performance car mag sept 05 their is a nice little piece on bike t/b's on car engines.
i'm working on finding a local supply of manifolds at the moment, i'll keep you all informed.

Rusty Hookers Dub Club

Back to the top
UP !!!

Any updates everyone ?

Steve ? any news on making some of these ?! cheers matey. :)

Back to the top
Well I'm about to pull an inlet manifold off to make up all the patterns up  :D

I'll keep you lot informed.

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

Well I'm about to pull an inlet manifold off to make up all the patterns up  :D

I'll keep you lot informed.

Top man !  Look forward to seeing/hearing/reading the results !  :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.