Skip navigation

Whats the cheapest way of adding bhp to my 1.1 C engine?

Back to the top

smooth

Whats the cheapest way of adding bhp to my 1.1 C engine?

join the small block hood mate, theres plenty of us

Back to the top
SHE GOES!!!!!  :D

1989 Golf 16v

1994 Corrado VR6

1982 Polo C

Back to the top
Yes small blocks rule, mines a 1.3, it starts well, and runs good if you look after it :D

My insurance on my car when i was 19 (started driving) was 860 ish fully comp. That was with Liverpool and victoria, you should see wat it would be for u :wink:

Back to the top
my 1.1 is back on the road now, after a 4 month session on my driveway.
as for insurance - mine is now under ?300, which i was a little chuffed about - but i am 25 now, so would expect it to be, the 5yr break in driving history is prob what stopped it being less.
as for your car kerrly, looks pretty much the same condition as mine - although your seat is in better condition (i'm not joking).

although 1 thing… please tell me you've taken the roof-rack off, the extra drag is probably what's causing your car to go slowly. :lol:

Back to the top
The roof rack+rear seats+steal wheels+front seats+stearing wheel have all gone now. Now i have Mk2 GTI front seats, no rear seats, GTI stearing wheel, and now i have P Slots on it. MOT next week, depending on that result its either being broken into spares for ebay or its getting a 1.6 driver engine conversion and 5 speed gearbox!

1989 Golf 16v

1994 Corrado VR6

1982 Polo C

Back to the top

UP GRADE

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE DONOR CAR 1600 STILL RUNNING IN CAR LET US KNOW

Back to the top
are you going to thell your insurance about the engine mod?

Back to the top
i might forget that part, it would be suicidle telling the insurance company that i have had an engine conversion. cheaper tax to.

1989 Golf 16v

1994 Corrado VR6

1982 Polo C

Back to the top
well what would be h point in paying out insurance in he first place ? as it would be invalid, you may as well tell them you only drive 200 miles a year, to get the price right down, if all you want is a cirtificate.

sorry to be harsh, but hat your planning is plain wrong!

Back to the top

kerrly said

I have been told that i could fit a Golf mk2 1.6 Driver carb on it and that could give me up to 10 bhp extra, anyone know if this works.
I'm wiht a Mk2 1.3 Pierburg 2E3 carburator and runs better, can't really say how much it gave it but it's better

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
If you think that's funny, my first car was a 1.3 Golf CL, and my second car was a 1.0 litre metro!  (the metro was quicker than the golf as well)

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Ah the think we do when we are young.

Back to the top
My cars are like chalk and cheese..

Main car has 190BHP more than my 1.3 Golf!!! and is only ?100 more to insure!!!

TT

Back to the top
itd be alot easier to put a polo gt engine in insted of a 1.6, as you would have to change more to get the 1.6 in.
    plus the polo gt engine is the same power as a 1.6 any way….polo gt engine, hall sender ignition from a late carbed golf/polo and sum sort of twin choke carb on an adaptor plate. a 205 xs/ax gt carb might do the job.then find an electric fuel pump from the scrappers and a reg and thats bout it.
     got a gt engine with bike carbs in mine at the moment, well actually its just been pulled out to be sold but it pulls v.well and is plenty fast enuf for a 1.3.
                          matt
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.