Skip navigation

quick mk1's

Back to the top

quick mk1's

I'd like to think so, there was a lot of wheel spin ! But i think i would benefit from just practising my take offs as well have only sprinted a couple of times. when its fitted will let ya know. what diff kit r you going for as i know the story behind quafie (spelt wrong) and peliquin diffs.

G60

Back to the top
What`s the torque figures of your G60 andy77?

This is the conversion i`m aiming at in the next year hopefully, with 190 - 200bhp at the flywheel. What box have you fitted to the engone? I`ve heard a mk3 diesel is a good way to go, and it is a rod box to boot.

Not interested in top speed tbh, top out st 110mph will do me. But i want to get there bloody fast!  :twisted:

Stay out of the black…
 And into the red….
 You get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed!

Back to the top
Andy - thought about ging for Quaiffe - wot do you know mate?

Bozlem - i'm getting a Mk3 TDi box fitted. Charger was the only conern for me but ive manged to get a ready modded ralley lump without charger, so will get a recon from gwerks.  :D
Ive seen modded g60 Mk1's in the 13second 1/4 bracket so Its should feel well quick.  :y: When you getting it done?

Back to the top
Will look at the RR print out n let ya know. The box thats fitted is from the corrado donor car so its a cable change 02a i think thats right had gearbox mounts made up this was all done before i brought the car. hence the gearstick lever sits a lot lower in the tunnel of the car than a standard mk gearstick which is a lot higher, also fitted a B&M short shift kit very good but i did have to modify it as they use an alloy block which has a screw thread cut into it for a steel pin to go into, only problem with this is that the alloy thread gives way but it has shortened the throw a lot. Have heard of people using this box like you said its a bonus its a rod. have a look at www.dubforce.net they have a lot of info there. I was surprised how much power i lost through the transmission to be honest although switching from 17's to 16's has helped. dont worry you will get there fast !!!!!

G60

Back to the top
mark; well will try to keep this short but quaffi didnt patent their diff designs or something like that so peliquin who i think are american basically copied the design exactly the same just different name, hence they now sell em cheaper than quaffi but i dont know if they are as good as quaffi as dont know people who have either to compare them to.

G60

Back to the top
Blimey [@ quaiffe & peliquin ]. I will look into that to see the cost differences/quality - cheers for the info.

Good to see a few other g60 mk1's on here  8)

Back to the top
Mine's not forced induction but my 2.0 8v got a 14.6 at Santa Pod. Probably looking at low to mid 6s to 60mph. That was on budgets without a LSD. I bought a pair of Eagle F1s and also have a spare flywheel I want to lighten and fit for the next time i go to Pod. The LSD will have to wait cos it's a bit too expensive for now…

Back to the top
:clap:  @ MrV's time - what power has it got, thats a great time.

Back to the top
Mark 1: yeah like wise, the sounds just amazing !!!! :lol:

G60

Back to the top

mark1 said

:clap:  @ MrV's time - what power has it got, thats a great time.
Ahh, now this is where it starts to get funny.

I went to the WRC rolling road at Silverstone with the lads off the 'GolfGTI' forum for a power run. My 2.0 pushed out 134.7bhp with 139ft lbs…. AT THE FLYWHEEL! :banghead:   I was shocked and very disappointed. But i won't believe that i got a 14.6 with 134bhp so i'm under the impression that the front tyres(budgets) were wheel spinning on the rollers :dontknow: The engine has a 308 degree cam - i REALLY don't think it would make more torque than bhp? Anyway, some of the boys from the PVW forum want to organise another power run at TSR in February, so i'm getting the F1s fitted by then and i'll hopefully have a better result. :)

Back to the top
Bozlem-boy torque figure for my g60 is 190 lb ft not too shy !! 8)

G60

Back to the top
Mr V, don't worry about it, its not about the numbers Its about giving it the beans and getting a massive grin. The rest is just bragging rights :wink:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Just been looking at my rolling road session done last month at Emerald bit more to come yet but as we speak runnin 190bhp and 195 lbft.
All i know its made alot of difference everything standin still  :D  
but clutch slippin in 4th  5th  :?  and now the exhaust has split ohh well theres allways summet ehh.
Roll on Santa pod  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

20vt

when i get my 20vt running on the new all singing and all dancing emerald ecu which i rang about today its gonna be set up at 200bhp

ive ordered 12 pairs of drive shafts 10 gearboxes and plenty of clean undies

dub76 santa pod next year mate 1/4 mile me u and a whole load of boost i reckon 14 seconds without the baby on board sticker

Back to the top
Be interesting if a RR day could be organised somewhere next year for all makes and spec of mk1 golf in this club.

Back to the top
That sounds a good idea Mark1, only done a few RR sessions, need time for my nails to grow back after getting too nervous lol  :lol:

G60

Back to the top

20vt quick

sounds good could make a show of it not to sure dub76 and his explosive dump valve would be to welcome  :lol:  :lol: the noise that thing makes sounds like its on steroids :o  :o

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.