Skip navigation

NWM 6.1

Back to the top

NWM 6.1

lowmk1 said

yea crazy car sounds like a really good idea, i've got quite a good selection of bits now that i wouldnt mind getting rid of :mrgreen:

I don't think you'll get that much for half a clutch cable, mate!!!

Back to the top
shorter the cable, faster the gear change trust me   :shhh:

:mrgreen:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top

NWM6

I agree with somehow spicing up the meets over winter! Maybe we could organise just a meeting of NW members doing something else! Might be worth throwing up some ideas! I have a few for next summer, now we are on weekend meets! How about a picnic at Bala lake in wales for example? We could all meet there and then go for a drive round wales! Maybe over the winter we should try to meet at actual events like Dubfreeze for example? What do you think?
 :nerd:

Back to the top
I agree with Paul on NOT setting up stalls in Pub carpark…

However, If we add a NWM(7, etc) posting in both the "Wanted" and "For Sale" sections of this forum (or even within the NWM7 topic), folks can post what they need and what they have prior to the meet so they can just bring/take home their stuff (always assuming the folks are somewhat committed to turning up on the day).  All deals can be provisionally finalised with PMs before the meet.

Eh ??

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
I've done a bit of that already (!)  

Paul - haven't forgotten about calipers for lights if still 'a goer' for you. Just haven't dug them out yet…..

Cheers !

Mark

Back to the top
…..
and I think Dan would still like to borrow my olde camshaft and timing belt covers whilst he gets his own tarted up ( I have a rad shroud/fan support also (for loan)……Dan methinks yours are like mine and not different as I thought..

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Cheers, Superworm… I have lost the train of thought for the date now but if I'm not working I'll be there.

Dan

Back to the top
I'II post my spares too. Maybe we could do a blackpool beach run?

Back to the top

Blackpool!

Blackpool…WAHOOOOOOOO!  :D

Back to the top
Hey Walt……

What mode of transport will you be arriving in THIS month???

Pink BMW……?????

or

A sledge??????

:lol:  :wink:

Dan

Back to the top

Transport!

If it's raining, then the Mk1 MR2! If it's hail, sleet and freezing fog, then the Pink Poop wagon! If it's cracking the flaggs and unusually hot for the time of year, without a cloud in the sky, then maybe and only maybe (Cos there may be salt still on the road!) the Rivage will grace the meet!  8O

Back to the top
Blackpool ???

That just around the corner from me…I'd go for that….we could even meet up at Lytham…..St.Annes on Sea and then Blackpool.

Actually, there's usually a Classic Car day at Lytham Hall (back of our 'ouse) in early spring…I'll keep an eye open for that. (maybe suscribe to CMM)

Also, first weekend in August, there's the Woodvale Rally near Southport to consider…I'll keep my eye on that one since I have a contact address.

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
yeah id be up for more of a meet then a criuse round the countryside, wales / lakedistrict etc,

meeting up and wsaping bits, its all the same thing to me!!!!

Mark,
 i still need the surround for the driverside door latch, the cover for the rear of that, the cover for the window winder, and the rubber boot thing for the wing mirror knob,
also the compleate carpet set you said you had,
 if you could get em togeather, then ill take em off you at the next meet, nice one!
cheers
alex/

Back to the top
No probs matey

Back to the top
Will someone help me get my mk1 working so I can make it next time? :wink:   I'm letting the side down! plus I hate driving a boring volvo! :banghead:

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

Will someone help me get my mk1 working so I can make it next time? :wink:   I'm letting the side down! plus I hate driving a boring volvo! :banghead:

Where are you located?????

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

Phataz1 were you the guy in the white mk1 with g60 steelies at the last nwm?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Yeh that was me, got some new tyres now so no need to drive on slicks or ugly steels! I'd be happy to go to any meets but my annoying little 1.3 won't start! :banghead:
  I think its an ignition problem or maybe even compression :(

I'm in Stockport if anyone wants to help :wink:

I hate letting the side down!

Cheers,
Arun

Back to the top
Bungle lives in Stockport you could maybe ask him for a hand.....

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
When I say Bungle…… I mean Walt :wink:  :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.