Skip navigation

Classic Car Show 2005 - HELPERS REQUIRED FOR STAND

Back to the top

Classic Car Show 2005 - HELPERS REQUIRED FOR STAND

Hi all

As I'm sure you are all aware now, we are exhibiting with a club stand at the Classic Car Show on November 4th - 6th (Fri-Sun) The stand has to be manned at all times and to this end I would ask that we have a minimum of two people guaranteed to turn up each day.

At present, I will be at the NEC on the Friday and the Sunday (plus build up on the Thursday.) What I need is at least one volunteer to join me on the Friday and the Sunday and two minimum for the Sunday.

Volunteers will get exhibitor passes so entry to the show will be free - but I can't get 200 exhibitor passes before you bombard me with requests!!! :lol:

I will look to get a maximum of four exhibitors passes for each day on a first come first served basis but this IS to help out and man the stand, not just free entry to dissappear around the show (like you would! :lol: ) but there'll be plenty of time for a good gander around the show.

Please let me know via PM or e-mail events vwgolfmk1 .org.uk if you can help and let's make this show a success for us.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
You can count me in for Saturday.  :dontknow:  Id love to do Sunday but i'm at the Inlaws :banghead:

Doug

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Cheers Doug

More help needed peeps otherwise the show cannot go on! :wink:

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Andy,

May be able to do the Friday.  Will have to check with my events secretary :wink:

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
You're welcome to help on Friday Rich! Cheers mate (Still got your business cards! :wink: )

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Andy I can help out on either the Saturday ot the Sunday (maybe even both if anyone knows of cheap accom near the NEC).

Is this any use? My knowledge of Mk1's is by no means exhaustive, but I'm happy to chat to folks and help with the setting up  / taking down.

Sadly I can't provide a car for the stand, but I'm working on it  :wink:

Also if anyone is planning on driving up from London and fancies splitting the petrol - count me in. Otherwise I'll be letting the train take the strain.

For those that have never been it really is THE classic car show to go to in the UK with all nearly all the clubs and suppliers represented.

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Hi Chris

Many thanks for the offer. If you only end up doing one day the Sunday would be best but at end of day you will be very welcome any day! Don't worry about the 'knowledge' thing - we're all a bunch of enthusiasts at end of day, that's all that matters.

I have got a list of accomodation in the area. I'll send some info to you when I can (It's at home and I'm not now!)

Train would be good idea, if you didn't already know takes you straight by NEC.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Chris I can Pick you up from station if needed, as i know that not all trains are direct to NEC. :dontknow:

Back to the top
Well it looks like I have enough helpers now for the stand at show so the exhibitor pass list is now closed! :wink:

Many thanks to all that have offered to help out.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
OK, so it looks like the Sunday is probably the most useful day for me to turn up?

I'd like to stay over Saturday night, but it all depends on cost, and also if anyone else is planning on staying in the area on the Saturday - no fun stuck in a TravelLodge on my tod!!! Thanks for the offer of a lift from the station Doug, but I should be able to get a direct service straight to the NEC from central London without too much trouble  :D .

Andy - once you have a better idea of arrangements etc for the Sunday could you email / ring/ PM me the details. Mainly ideas of times, where to meet and whats involved (w.r.t. setting up / taking down etc). I guess I'd need to meet you or someone to collect my entry pass for the Sunday somewhere too?

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
I am good for the Friday - Have a pass out  :wink:

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
I am interested in going to the Classic Car Show, can anyone tell me why the Fri tickets cost more than the Sat and Sun?
What would be the best day to go?
Cheers
Ben

1983 VW Golf GTi Black (Resto)
2009 AUDI Q5 3.0 TDi (Daily)
2007 AUDI A4 Avant TDi S-Line SE (Daily)

Back to the top
Friday tickets are genarally "preview / press day". If last year was anything to go by.

Much quieter and you get to chat to more people on more of the stands and its just a lot quieter.

Can't remember what the price difference was, but only a few quid iirc, and definitely worth it.

Weekends are usually mobbed most of the day.

Chris

Back to the top
So out of Fri, Sat, Sun which would be the best day to go?

1983 VW Golf GTi Black (Resto)
2009 AUDI Q5 3.0 TDi (Daily)
2007 AUDI A4 Avant TDi S-Line SE (Daily)

Back to the top
Well, as mentioned above my vote goes for the Friday - its just far less crowded so you see more. The extra cost is not much over a ticket for the weekend.

Chris

Back to the top
Just thought I'd mention for anyone coming from London, that there are engineering works on the Sunday for most of the day affecting a lot of Virgin Train services.

For example the Sunday morning services from Euston involve taking a bus  8O to Milton Keynes, then a local service from there to Birmingham International.

I have decided to go for the Sunday, but am going by car (sadly not a Mk1, but still a golf at least!!!).

I think I should be able to get up there for between 8-9am and will probably look to stay until sometime between 6-8pm.

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
Cheers Andy got the passes today. I will attempt :dontknow: to arrive about 7:30/8am Saturday.

Coffee 2 sugars please :lol:

Back to the top
Pass also arrived safe and sound here for the Sunday.

I'll be looking to get up there for around 8.30am, although I'll be honest and say that involves crawling out of my nice warm bed at some unholy hour in the a.m.  8O

Would it be an idea if folks who are going to be on the stand on the same day exchanged mobile numbers by PM? I have Andy's number and I believe Rajan is on the stand on the Sunday as I am - anyone else doing the Sunday?

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
I can't take my car to the stand now due to lack of transport  :( . I will still try to get up there on Saturday or Sunday though to help out and have a wander round.

If I see any nice Minis for sale you will have to hold me back!

Andy has my mobile.

Banner

Back to the top
Sorry to hear you won't be able to get one of your cars up there Rajan - were you planning on trailering it up there, or driving it and something has gone wrong with the car?

If its any use I will probably be zipping past Luton on the M1 very early on Sunday morning. Can offer a lift if required if you are near the M1?

Just let me know.

Cheers,

Chris

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.