Skip navigation

Thanks for the Gaydon show Drew !! : Show Report Topic!

Back to the top

Thanks for the Gaydon show Drew !! : Show Report Topic!

Yea was a great day

well done to Drew and the committe for all their hard work.So many nice mk1s to look at , picking a car for the peoples choice was so difficult.

Have to say hats off to dubboy for bringing four cars to the show

good friendly atmosphere,the only thing I didnt manage to buy some bits from crazy  he was so busy :banghead:

red pete   did you make it home?

looking forward to the next one im sure the club can only get bigger and better

mark

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
Thanks Drew and the committee - and everyone who turned out - for a really great day.
Thanks lhasadreams for the pictures - you've just caught A727JNC from its good side, in the right mood, best light etc.
Hope to see you at the NEC
Cheers everyone

Back to the top
Thanks from me and my other half as we drove all the way up from plymouth. Nice to meet drew, rich and many others who i have`nt a clue who they were.

What a collection of Mk1`s  and worth the trip. Big thanks :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Mark83, i got home fine, really impressed with the car for that. Although it still idles rough as hell! Stripped the carb down 2day, cleaning all the jets, and the carb itself, also checking the gaskets on the inlet, hopefully it'al fix the prob.

Wicked show, just a long time till the nxt one. :wink:

Back to the top
weather was spot on, necks still burning.  lovely cars and people.  daisy that cab of yours looks even better in flesh than on photos mate, you wanna keep that, ill look after it for you 8O

Back to the top
Cheers mate, talk of red necks, i look like  :oops:

Good to of meet you mate :D

Back to the top
Top photos - didn't get time to take any so will have to copy them! :wink:

Thanks to committee and all who helped to make Sunday such a top day - don't think we could have asked for more.

Next year should be bigger and better still - we have plenty of fresh ideas up our sleeves so watch this space!

Thanks again to everyone for making Sunday such a success! :y:

Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Wooow I almost had to fetch a bucket to stop the drooling from dripping down on the floor ;). Sooooo many sweet cars at one place.

Dubboys collection is awesome. Just curious what is done with the engine… looked like Oettinger stuff there or?? Tell me more please :).

/Mike

-84 GTI Mars red (campaign)

-94 Audi S2 RS Avant

-98 VW Passat Variant TDI

Back to the top
had a good laugh, my head is sunburnt  :x

Didnt meet alot of people but whoever i spoke to were friendy peeps

tomo that windscreen would of looked mint as a front splitter :lol:

Any1 take any pictures of mine  :cry:

I came home with a gti front spoiler, clear indicators and a campaign fuel cap, looks 100 times better cheers crazy :wink:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Ditto….. many thanks to every one that had a hand in organising the show and really great to put some more faces to names.

Great pics lhasadreams…. you caught me polishing though :oops:

Rajan you kept that Rally prep one quiet! What's the spec and where did you get that rocker cover from? (I want one! :mrgreen:)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Was good to meet you at last Drew. I think its been 4 years of chatting on various forums before finally meeting on Sunday.

Ive now uploaded my collection of pics from the day, took a photo of every single car there, apart from a couple of late arrivals. Had to leave early (about 2pm) as i was exhausted from a hectic weekend.

http://www.clubgtiworcs.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=5

Back to the top
Nice pics Deako  :D

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Managed to get your banner in there too crazyquiff!! ;)

Back to the top
Awesome pics Deako, thanks!

Rajan you kept that Rally prep one quiet! What's the spec and where did you get that rocker cover from? (I want one! )

As my mum says, the best things come to those that wait  :wink:  Spent the last year on it on and off, getting it ready for Gaydon. Still a few bits and pieces that I could not do on time. Originally a VW Motorsport car it is now a full spec Group 1 rally car with FIA certification (6-point roll cage, flowed head, cam, group 1 exhaust, Hartmann springs, Koni dampers, etc). The valve cover is from Oettinger, rare as rocking horse poo now!

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top

Deako said

Managed to get your banner in there too crazyquiff!! ;)

You da man  :dance:

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Was a great day out! excellent cars and great atmosphere.. roll on next august (hopefully my car will have straighter panels by then worthy of some pictures  :lol: )

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

Was a great day out! excellent cars and great atmosphere.. roll on next august (hopefully my car will have straighter panels by then worthy of some pictures  :lol: )

Hopefully mine wont be up for the 'shabiest at show' award next year with a bit of luck. gotta remember the sun cream next year - I look like a lobster now :oops:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Hopefully mine wont be up for the 'shabiest at show' award next year with a bit of luck. gotta remember the sun cream next year - I look like a lobster now :oops:

I dunno, who's the owner of the 'yellow' Mk1 in need of some paint?  :cry: I would have offered to blow it over with some paint if i had the time… but it did have a lot of character  (No offence intended to the owner)

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Thanks for a great day out, definately worth the 400mile round trip!

Its just a shame there wasn't enough time to meet everyone.

I'm really burnt too… I got extra punishment as I drove part way to Devon with the roof down due to an additional rear seat in the back! Cheers Crazy :wink: I stopped at a services and managed to squeeze the roof up in the end.

Thanks again to the organisers and Rich, I felt really sorry for you guys not having much time (if any) to have a ganders at the cars.

Awesome pics from Deako and Lhasadreams, cheers guys  :D

Back to the top
Just a quick note to everyone involved thanks for all the efforts in pulling this together. Had a great time. Was I the furthest travelled? In total it was a 750 mile round trip from Glasgow and all this just to collect my sticker! However it was worth it just to see Raj's rally car! If you are ever selling it can I have first shout?

Unfortunately I had to make the journey in my Mk2 'cos although I've got five MK1s at the minute, the one thing that they all have in common is a lack of current tax and MOT's. After the weekend I'm now fired up to get working on them and get them on the road so maybe this time next year…….

It's where the steering wheel should be…..

1978 1.6GTi LHD

1979 1.1N LHD

1981 1.5CL LHD

1981 1.6GTi LHD

1982 1.6GLi Cabrio

none of which are on the road !!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.