Skip navigation

Thanks for the Gaydon show Drew !! : Show Report Topic!

Back to the top

Thanks for the Gaydon show Drew !! : Show Report Topic!

Official Gaydon 2005 Show Thread...

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
8) Ade,photos are exellent,thanks for posting them,And Drew,your a top man in your field Cheers for putting on the event
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I had a wicked time, neva been before, defo go again!! :D

Even got some pics of me car, must be a first! Brought some cool stuff off crazy, everyone was super nice, and they where some lovely cars to look at to. Real nice atmosphere all round, i think you did very well Drew, cheers!

P.s., even got in the fast lane in my 1.3, for a bit, got all the way there without probs (touch wood!), gotta love the mk1s. :wink:

Oh yea and the five car convoy was getting a fair far amout of looks on the way there! :D

Back to the top
Ditto everythig the other guys said Drew, excellent friendly event, question is …. when is the next one!!!
Thanks for going to the trouble of organising the event.
Cheers

Ian

Back to the top
Thanks for a great day guys - fantastic display of MK1's - some looking BETTER than showroom!  :D Most put mine to shame  :|

Wellworth the 330mile round trip - knackered now though!!

Gutted I had an oil leak and had to leave early - still made it home 31/2hours later - and the car's still driving.

Saw Quinten Wilson there - did he come down to look at our Golfs???? anyone know??
Greena

Ps. if anyone found about 80quid I dropped it - so enjoy it cause I doubt i'll see it again(dont blame you) spend it on your Golf :banghead:

Golf GTI Mk1 1.6 82 - Mars Red

Suzuki SJ - Off Road White Moneypit!!

Ford Transit - Red - Needs a Turbo

Mitsibushi Pajero - Blue - Family Run Around

"To Infinity & Beyond!!"

"TO INFINITY AND BEYOND"

Back to the top
Great day out with some fantastic cars to see. Looking forward to the day when the club gets a banner (and a few cars) displayed at some regional/national golf events.
Cheers Drew & others who organised the event. 8)

Top pics Lhasadreams. :y:

Back to the top
Thanks Drew and everyone else who displayed their cars, it was great to see so many of the same model all in one place. It answered a number of questions I had regarding anomolies on my car, and its shwon that I have a whole hill of work to do!

My personal highlight, apart from having a good look at TKY454Y again, was seeing a couple of Helios Blue Campaigns. All Golfs look cute, but there's something about that colour thats slightly magical!

Back to the top
Don't just thank me, lots of hard work by the committee, Andy, Rob and Stephen and many others too! Great day, and the weather was awesome, I'm a bit singed personally! :wink:

Good to see so many familiar faces and a lot of new ones too. Back next year, bigger and better!

Moving this thread to 'chat' as the 'official' event report thread. Will write some stuff up at some point.

It definitely was Quentin Wilson by the way, I had a quick chat to him. He wasn't there for our event, but came along to see us once he heard about it. Spent about 1/2 an hour looking around the cars and complimenting a few owners! Top guy!

TKY454Y was amazing and a well deserved winner.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top

Gaydon meet

Excelent show
Simon's restored Mk1 was a credit to him!!!  :D

Back to the top
Cars look stunning a bit jealous here in N.I. Weather sucks here today as well. Looks like a fun day out!

Back to the top
WOW next year I need to have a MK I to take. Great weather, great cars. :)  :)  :)

1981 1.6 GTI - Work in Progress
www.thephirm.co.uk

Back to the top
Had a really good day, nice to see some top cars and meet some nice people. Nearly had my car written off by a flying gazebo when I arrived!! Didn't see Quentin Wilson…..I wonder if he'll write about us (does he write for the Mirror??), he's got a thing for MK1's hasn't he?? Thanks to all those that arranged it, I know a lot of work must have been put in and it's very much appreciated.

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
Top cars, top people, top weather, top day. Great. Thanks Drew et al. Hope it won't be twelve months till next time.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
I didn't see Quentin Wilson today. I once saw Vicky Butler-Henderson, at another motoring event (at Santa Pod). She either didn't notice me, or must have thought I was some kind of freak. I think I dribbled a bit, when I saw her.

Back to the top

Thanks for Gaydon

To The Committee: Smashing show thks for all your hard work!!

To The Owners: Thank you very much for bringing all your cars….All fantastic machines!!

Also thanks to you all for being such a friendly bunch of people.

Rich: tks for all the spares……apart from the money spent. Sneaked them all into the garage quick when I got home!!.
TerryAll

Back to the top
Excellent day out. Great to see everyone and put a face to some wild user names!

Hope the membership stuff was OK. There were a few that had paid in advance who didn't turn up for what ever reason. As Drew said it will be even bigger and better next year.

On the Quentin Wilson thing, I get a Classic Cars mag each month and he writes a column there. Will keep an eye out for any mention in next few months.

Thanks to all who turned up and especially Drew for the intial foresight over 12 months ago.

MK1 Golf GTi Campaign:Alpine White, Vauxhall Omega MV6, Alpina B10 3.3 Touring, Dolomite Sprint, MG ZT V6, Volvo T5 R estate  6C2B5B6F-1CA5-44CA-A93C-6B7F5206CD7F.jpeg

Back to the top
This had to be one of our best days out for ages!! Fantastic weather, very smooth trip in the Clipper, roof down most of the day. Got to put a lot of names to faces too….and seeing some of the cars ' in the metal' at last  was a real tonic…..I personally ended up drooling over so many cars, and felt ashamed that I've let the GTI sit 'unloved' for so long - time to get cracking again.

Drew, and the Committee, - you did a top job - thankyou and well done. I can only repeat what has already been said.

Theose pics are superb. (Must have a look at mine later).

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Smashing day out. 8)

Thanks to Drew, Andy and the Committee for getting it together so well.

Thanks to all the owners who put in the hard polishing work.

Thanks to Ian and Dave for getting up early to drive my Mk1s there and an impromptu steering column fix.

My only suggestion would be to add something cheap and easy to the event. How about an organised cruise around the local roads?

Back home…

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
Big Thankyou to Drew and the team, had a great day, and i have been to many shows this year and this had to of had to best atmosphere ever.

When is the next :wink:

Roll on our club stand at E38 and let everyone know what a great and well organised Club you have put together.

Darren

Back to the top
Yeah a great day - nice weather - even though Gaydon was about blustery - lost my Gazebo too  :(

Thanks to all who made my day well worth loading that 7 1/2 tonner, unloading it again, loading up the rest at the end of the day and unloading today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TC - I didn't realise that was you - what did you buy so i can put a name to the face?

Saw quentin - his son was having a fit  (about 8 years old) cos he wouldn't buy him an ignition switch (said he had a spare already).

Only down side to manning the sales all day is that I didn't get a good chance to look round the cars - mist close for an hour next time  8O

Rajan's fleet looked ace as always  :y: especially the steering wheel on the rally spec  :wink:

Cheera again all

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.