budget respray

Hairy sexual favours
8O  :lol:

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

Hairy sexual favours

Well u never know what lengths some people go to for a bargain…..

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

dubboy said

Hairy sexual favours

Well u never know what lengths some people go to for a bargain…..

Not true :oops: :wink:

Back to the top
think i may jack the whole idea altogether or get my graffitti artist cousin to do at for me for nowt. cheers for advise though.

Back to the top
As a sprayer i know how much work goes into painting a car when it comes in off the street still fitted up and not prepped for paint at all,to say ?1200 is to much to pay for a paintjob is silly,living in the south we pay stupid rent +rates and it takes a lot of man hours to get a car straight and ready for topcoat so that has to be reflected in the price.
I personally started off doing full sprayjobs  for 1k but its too much work for no money.
Saying all that i recommend doing as much to the car as possible to get the price down ie stripping it,de windowing etc etc then you can expect a decent price.
Good luck to you all in getting a decent job for a cheap price! :D

keep on keeping on

Back to the top
I personally started off doing full sprayjobs for 1k but its too much work for no money

I rest my case "My Lord"  :ouch:

Current bill for painting my bare shell [materials only] stands at ?350.00 there will be a bit more for rubbing compound etc when the paint hardens off . Timski is right about the labour , i have used 26 hours so far just to get it in to primer  :banghead:

Back to the top

wheres my roller?

ive had a great reply but every one is telling me to get it done properly which i cant afford. ive got a 5 litre drum of single pac metal paint from work which is of good quality and  some red oxide. what would the outcome be like if i went to work with a roller after sanding it down? im not fussy about the finish and have not spent much on the car so i dont have much to loose. has anyone used this technique before?

Back to the top
Christ i thought this subject was dead and don't want to wake the dead  8O but ….. :starwars:

The reason i suggested hand painting last time was because due to little money you can get good results . Would use a "Harris" quality brush in preference to a roller though and try to keep the dust off it till it dries . My lad and his student mates have done this in a weekend and it looks good … I would call it "A Budget Repaint"

Good luck …….

Cheers……………….

Are you mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My paint job only cost ?350 - if you ask about your local body shops, you d=should be able to get a resonable deal for cash if you do the prep work… If you paint it with cans, you will be dissapointed

Yes i am  :lol:

Back to the top

resprays

Read all this with interest.  I tried lacquering my gti cabrio's bonnet and top bits of the front wings - cos garages I go to ALWAYS leave their grubby fingers/elbow marks on those bits, well it was a DISASTER! The idea was to use thick lacquer so that it would protect the paint work AND make the car shiney.

Well, the lacquer from the cans dribbled, I nearly choked myself to death - was ill for about a week AND I did this in an open ended garage…. some dont know how lucky they are to actually know what they are doing or have "mates" in the business "hairy favours" notwithstanding…

Live in the centre of london, and have shopped around for painters/re sprayers to fix my lousey paint problem…I ve been gettting quotes for about ?250 just to paint and lacquer the bonnet and rear back bumper (which could do with a repaint).   The car is black, I thought being a basic colour like this it would be easy to fix, but Im finding it otherwise…I would do the work myself but dont even know where to start…

Back to the top
And Black is the hardest paint to get right as you can see every imperfection on the bodywork if you have missed a small dent etc as i found out on my Mk1 earlier this year!lol

keep on keeping on

Back to the top

Timski said

And Black is the hardest paint to get right as you can see every imperfection on the bodywork if you have missed a small dent etc as i found out on my Mk1 earlier this year!lol

tell me about it!

Why did I chose black!!!!!!  :banghead:

Shonky

'82 Mk1 GTI 1870 160bhp
'83 Mk1 GTI 1800 (Now deceased)
'80 Mk1 GTI 1600 (Now deceased)
'83 Mk1 GTI 1800 (Now deceased)
'81 Mk1 Golf 'C' 1093 (Long-Awaiting racecar transformation)
Audi A8 Sport (Gone but not forgotten)
Toyota MR2 MK1

Back to the top
Yep! black paint on even slightly imperfect prep work looks like a crisp packet.. respraying mine again when the nice weather comes back!

but at least it's all together and rust-free

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Any pics mate?

keep on keeping on

Back to the top
of mine? yep, but pictures make it look better than it actually is!

here there's another post on here somewhere with doors on etc..

difficult to see in the pictures but above the new arches it's not very flat and the roof needs another go.. but for a few hundred quid and knowing I did it all myself… It's worth it

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.